What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adjustments for 2007.

sooperdooper

First Grade
if we are picking a lineup for 07 i would think of:
1. Hayne/Reddy
2.Burt/Hayne (depends who is at fullback)
3. Tahu
4. Smith
5. Grothe
6. Finch
7. Smith
8. Cayless
9. PJ
10. FFMM
11. Hindy
12. Robbo
13. Wags

14. Riddell (forward role)
15. Cordoba
16. I hind
17. Vella

18. Mateo
19. Lowrie

i think there will be alot of competition in the backrow with:
Hindy x 2
Wags
Robbo
Lowrie
mateo
weller

Stagger eel

Staff member
sooperdooper said:
inu makes to many mistakes to be talked about a starting spot in next years nrl team....

I disagree...potentialy he could well start next season depending on what magic the coaching staff weave to make it happen during the course of the off season.

Now?? no.

In March?? Maybe.

stiffmeister

Bench
strider said:
while we are talking defense .... Jarryd Hayne is a freak and is young and learning, but FMD he makes some stuff ups in defense - I reckon there's been probably half a dozen tries pretty much from jarryd making bad reads or not being desperate enough

i think people get caught up in young player's attacking abilities and forget the need for defense

I assume you mean defence

Bigfella

Coach
Re Inu, the simple fact is that he hasn't sustained form and fitness long enough to press his claims. He missed a hell of a lot of footy this year, and then did have some issues in defence. I am not convinced that playing wing is a solution to someone wth suspect defence. His strength in the air would be a big asset to him playing on the wing though.

Re Hayne - he is a very strong one on one defender. It is occasionally his reads in defence on the wing whih have brought trouble. And I can;t agree it was his inside man. These issues may even play him into fullback more than any other issue.

Re Ben Smith, his agility in attack has been well down. He is not using speed, or his strength and as some critics have noted, he and Delaney were extremely one dimensional and submissive in attack. Having Tahu back will take some pressure off him; so will an off season in which to regain some footwork and confidence after a long injury lay off.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Bigfella said:
Re Inu, the simple fact is that he hasn't sustained form and fitness long enough to press his claims. He missed a hell of a lot of footy this year, and then did have some issues in defence. I am not convinced that playing wing is a solution to someone wth suspect defence. His strength in the air would be a big asset to him playing on the wing though.

Re Hayne - he is a very strong one on one defender. It is occasionally his reads in defence on the wing whih have brought trouble. And I can;t agree it was his inside man. These issues may even play him into fullback more than any other issue.

Re Ben Smith, his agility in attack has been well down. He is not using speed, or his strength and as some critics have noted, he and Delaney were extremely one dimensional and submissive in attack. Having Tahu back will take some pressure off him; so will an off season in which to regain some footwork and confidence after a long injury lay off.

True, BF but the incredible thing is that just prior to Inu's first stint on the sideline he was just ahead of Jarryd on the pecking order according to a member of the coaching staff and than Kris hurt himself again while training for the NSW under 19's prior to an Origin game and that set him back a further 5 weeks or so...

moral of the Story?? stay away from Willie Masons shoulder when you coming back from injury. ;-)

lucablight

First Grade
eelavation said:
Inu will be better player in time, no doubt about it, but if anyone wants me to compare him to a first grader going around now the only person i can think of at this stage is Colin Best.

That's........pretty bad.

parra pete

Referee
Interesting stat on Tim Smith in the match against Melbourne Storm..in this weeks RLW.
Tackles 13.. Missed tackles 1....Handling errors 0.... Hitups 0...Metres gained 0 Off loads 0...I haven't seen a stat like it all season from someone who was on for the full match in a key position.....Did he just catch and pass???
How did he get a 5???
He has serious problems in his game which Michael Hagan NEEDS to work on during the off season if Tim is to play NRL again in 2007..
That's stating the bloody obvious....

fish eel

Immortal
Kornstar said:
Funny thing is Pete, is that you are not being funny :sarcasm:

Tim Smith doesn't have a mortgage on the number 7.

He'll be basically starting from scratch in round 1 next year, he has got a lot to prove, needs to earn that number 7 jersey again

The Colonel

Immortal
fish eel said:
Tim Smith doesn't have a mortgage on the number 7.

He'll be basically starting from scratch in round 1 next year, he has got a lot to prove, needs to earn that number 7 jersey again

There is only one player who has a mortgage on a jumper at our club. Possibly two if you count Cayless.

I'd like to think that next year all jerseys are earned.

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
Man some of you are so hard on T.Smith.....he is the best available halfback at our club!
The Hall of famer, sterling said at the start of last year that Smith will have to work on his game and there will be ALOT of times where he will struggle, although if we give him time and patience he will be something special!
Thats coming from a person that can judge that position alot better then anyone here!
You think that we can drop him after five games next year and brink blake up....but you forget one thing, each year a team goes out to win a premership, without tim there, we are no chance!
I bet you if timmy was to leave our club atm, there would be only 4 clubs not after him! He is something special, we just have to be patient!

parra pete

Referee
Kornstar said:
Funny thing is Pete, is that you are not being funny :sarcasm:
True, I am not being funny.....had no intention of being funny. I was calling it how I ( ie me, parra pete) see it (the half back position.)..and I definitely don't rate Tim Smith as being first grade quality on his 2006 form

Kornstar

Coach
parra pete said:
True, I am not being funny.....had no intention of being funny. I was calling it how I ( ie me, parra pete) see it (the half back position.)..and I definitely don't rate Tim Smith as being first grade quality on his 2006 form

Pete, i am not arguing with your opinion, i just find it funny how you would have Finch ahead of Tim based on this years form. I wouldn't say Finch showed anything better than Tim this year, yet you would still have him ahead.

I agree that Tim is really going to have to earn the number 7 jersey, however if anyone thinks that we have someone else who will just walk into it, then you are kidding yourselves, Finch has proven that he cannot lead a team around with another dominant half with him.

parra pete

Referee
Kornstar said:
Pete, i am not arguing with your opinion, i just find it funny how you would have Finch ahead of Tim based on this years form. I wouldn't say Finch showed anything better than Tim this year, yet you would still have him ahead.

I agree that Tim is really going to have to earn the number 7 jersey, however if anyone thinks that we have someone else who will just walk into it, then you are kidding yourselves, Finch has proven that he cannot lead a team around with another dominant half with him.

??????? *all he said was 'shook his head*
You can't see the forest for the trees if you believe that.....

cardinal

Juniors
Kornstar said:

Finch had somthing like 17 try assists 3rd in the comp I think and played soo getting a mom award so yes he had a better year than Tim. I agree with pete that if Tim plays up to his form this year in 07 he wont play 1st grade, but if he plays like he did in 05 and finch plays like he did this year then we will win the comp.

Phillips

Referee
im not finches biggest fan, but he killed it at 5/8th for the roosters

he should most definatly get first crack