What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

*AEW Chat*

Misanthrope

Staff member
AEW hit that episode out of the park. Even without a crowd, both debuts landed and they had some good action.

NXT did a clip show.

Misanthrope

Staff member
The cricket felt really weird.

I suppose in league the crowd is out of shot most the time so it won't really hit until something exciting happens and there's no reaction.

It was mostly just weird how unexciting breakaway tries are when nobody reacts to them haha

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
It was mostly just weird how unexciting breakaway tries are when nobody reacts to them haha

Yeah, that Taumalolo strip and run late in the game I thought the play had been ruled dead because even the commentators didn't have a cue to take from the crowd.

The big lump kept running. The play was over before I even realised it was play on.

The PPV was brilliant and surpassed my expectations by a lot. Apart from the statlander and spears moments I thoroughly enjoyed it all. Mjf/jungle and the stadium stampede were absolutely brilliant

best PPV I’ve watched for a long time

morningstar

Juniors
Stadium Stampede was an absolute riot.

Mox/Lee was better than it had any right to be based on the rushed programme. Brutal finish kept both guys strong.

MJF/Jungle Boy felt the like the opening chapter of an epic novel. Great storytelling in the ring and by JR, Skeeavone & Excalibur on commentary. These two are destined to do this forever it seems...hope they leave the poison rana spot behind though. Yikes.

Statlander/Ford & Spears/Rhodes were unnecessary.

Biggest disappointment was the ladder match. Losing Fenix at the last minute robbed it of Xfactor and there were some really sloppy/cringey spots throughout...right guy won though and it did set up two interesting storylines. SCU dissension and Darby/Taz/Cage.

mackdadday

Juniors
Absolutely loved this. Stadium Stampede was probably the best thing in wrestling this year and i hope after all goes back to normal they continue with similar stuff.

Sammy Guevera and Darby Allen remind me of the days when Benoit and Eddie were coming up. Future world champs.

Was really glad that the mystery guy wasnt Sting or Rusev. Itd be a crime to have those guys debut in empty stadiums although AEW are doing a great job of pumping in some sounds wih wreslers at ring side.

AEW womens division has o be the weakest in wrestling. NXT has at least six girls who are better than anything AEW has. I wonder if Shida got the win as a kind of tribute to 22 year old Hana Kimura who tragically killed herself this weekend amid cyber bullying.

Favourite ppv this year.

Styles clash

Juniors
It was good. Moxley vs Lee should've main evented. 10-man stadium match had far too much comedy to end a PPV.

If the Bucks and Omega quit AEW I probably wouldn't care. Went months without watching so do they ever do serious things?

It was good. Moxley vs Lee should've main evented. 10-man stadium match had far too much comedy to end a PPV.

If the Bucks and Omega quit AEW I probably wouldn't care. Went months without watching so do they ever do serious things?

they do - omega and mox had an epic battle a few months ago that was pretty straight up

I do feel that they’ve got the booking of themselves wrong though. Omega is arguably the best in the world but he’s stuck doing tags? And the young bucks have gone so far away from what made them popular in ROH

don’t get it. Love most of AEW but haven’t understood the above

I reckon Scurll has made the right call. Wait a few years at least before looking at AEW or WWE as a possiblity. AEW is still struggling with its booking, where they are either a serious pro wrestling show (Rhodes) or WWE-lite (Bucks & Omega). WWE, despite letting go of a ton of talent for COVID-19 / budget reasons, still has a heap of talent on its books.

Well, I think almost a year in. I’ve watched every dynamite, maybe half the dark episodes and 2 PPVs. Here’s my take:

best wrestler - Kenny Omega. The Mox gave him a serious run but I still think Omega is the best in the world

best tag - lucha bros/proud and powerful - split decision here. Lucha Bro’s are just freakish in the ring and P+P are great entertainers. AEW made the right call getting them in

biggest surprise - PAC/Sammy Guevara. PAC is so go damn good. He always was, but now has a character that suits. Sammy is the future. Charisma out the ass and can back it up

biggest disappointment - SCU/Bucks. I don’t get how both of them have been used. SCU are brilliant on the YouTube show but it hasn’t translated and same for the bucks. Bucks need to win the straps quickly before they lose all momentum

best on the mic - it’s MJF. Jericho gives him a run but it’s MJF for me

best angle - mmmm, hangman page as an alcoholic has been great for months. Jericho v MJF a close second and I’d say orange Cassidy in general

worst angle - the Brandi stable. Yuck.

Angle with most potential ruined - dark order. Solid premise but stick absolute jobbers in there sucked the life out of it

Best match - MJF/Jungle Boy or Omega v Mox

Worst Match - any dark uno match

Funniest angle - I popped pretty hard for the stadium stampede much from start to finish

please come to aew - Marty scurll, ricochet, cesaro and rusev

please stay in aew - mjf, page, jungle boy, lucha bros, pac, sammy guevara

please leave aew - evil uno, janela, most of the women’s division

Best commentator - jericho

best manager - taz/tully

overall - I give AEW 8/10. It’s been incredibly consistent and to constantly beat an established show like NXT is impressive. There’s been the occasional flat spot and miss, but overall the character development has been great and it’s by far the most interesting show on tv at the moment

Latest posts