1. Out Now: The Front Row rugby league magazine

The next edition of our exclusive weekly online e-magazine is here. The Front Row is your ideal guide to Round 12 of the NRL and Super League restart, with news, player stories, results, reports, teamlists, match stats and previews to accompany your weekend of footy viewing ahead.

This week's huge 44-page programme is a milestone in rugby league - the first global match programme covering both NRL and Super League under the same umbrella.

Some great features this week - an important chat Josh Wells has with a concussion expert on the way sports media approach head injuries; Paul Jobber speaks to Connor Watson as the Newcastle hooker position becomes more cursed; and legendary sports writer Steve Mascord joins the team with a piece on how Sunday's Super League restart will work as he interviews Leeds boss Gary Hetherington.

EDITION 10 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

*AEW Chat*

Discussion in 'Pro Wrestling' started by The Vaulting Violinist, May 15, 2019.

1. Shaun Hewitt

Shaun Hewitt First Grade

I've been following AEW results fairly closely.
    I appreciated your post Vaulting.
    Just going to add my opinion on the following 3:

please come to aew - New Era Hart Foundation, Killian Dain and Robert Rhoode.

please stay in aew - MJF for sure. Hard to really answer without actively watching it. I've seen bits and pieces here and there.

please leave aew - Marko Stunt, Orange Cassidy.

2. Scott Gourley's Lovechild

Scott Gourley's Lovechild Referee

best wrestler - Jericho, then Cody Rhodes & FTR.

best tag - FTR. Of the "old roster", I genuinely don't know who I would put here because they've all been pretty ordinary. Probably the Jurassic Express, but only if Marko Stunt if left backstage. SCU (Kazarian & Sky version) has also been good.

biggest surprise - Sammy Guevara, Jurassic Express (again, only when they leave Marko Stunt behind).

biggest disappointment - Lucha Bros. What are they, heels or babyfaces? Do they know the rules to tag team wrestling? Also Shawn Spears' run. The build vs Cody was great. Then one match later, bye bye.

best on the mic - MJF, daylight to second.

best angle - The Cody vs Dustin build-up. MJF's build and turn on Cody.

worst angle - Dark Order. The Nightmare Collective was at least dropped when it went to garbage. Dark Order just keeps sinking to new lows.

Angle with most potential ruined - Shawn Spears and Tully Blanchard. After the quick mini-feud with Cody, they fell completely off the map.

Best match - Cody Rhodes vs Dustin Rhodes

Worst Match - Anything involving the Dark Order, Marko Stunt, or Orange Cassidy.

Funniest angle - Sammy Guevara trying to get a date with Vanessa Hudgens during a promo.

please come to aew - Davey Boy Smith Jr, Alexander Hammerstone, Jacob Fatu, Josef Samael, Brian Pillman Jr, Richard Holliday, Antonio Cesaro.

please stay in aew - MJF, Cody Rhodes, Lance Archer, Adam Page

please leave aew - Dark Order, Marko Stunt, Orange Cassidy, Chuck Taylor, Kenny Omega, The Young Bucks, Riho, Joey Janela

Best commentator - Tony Schiovane

best manager - Jake Roberts

overall - Schizophrenic. Some great wrestling and storylines, with some of the most indyriffic bullshit thrown in. If this was WWE or TNA they would be butchered.

3. The Vaulting Violinist

The Vaulting Violinist Bench

great call on the new hart foundation - teddy hart in particular is one loopy mofo

Shaun Hewitt likes this.
  4. The Vaulting Violinist

interesting how polarising Cassidy is. It’s hard to argue that he isn’t one of the most over people when they had crowds. I get how he is frustrating to a lot of people but if you can put that to the side he is one of the biggest draws they have

omega is an interesting call as well. I should’ve added him to my most disappointing list. Shouldn’t be in tags and the all elite thing in general has been bastardised in AEW. Really don’t like how they’ve used him so far. If you’ve watched his ROH and new Japan stuff you’d know what I mean

Eelementary likes this.
  5. Scott Gourley's Lovechild

I don’t question that Cassidy is over to the AEW crowd, he absolutely is. However, if you’re not a die-hard AEW fan who already knew his backstory, you’re probably not going to like him. I prefer my wrestling to be more sports based, which is why I am not a fan of his. I got a laugh the first time I saw his gimmick on Evolve, but to me it’s now tired just like Joey Ryan’s magic dick (I actually don’t mind Ryan’s gimmick in Impact at the moment, interesting what happens when you don’t just rely on one spot).

Omega to me is the dance partner, not the leader. The reason he hasn’t been the “5 Star” guy is because he hasn’t got the genuine 5 Star guys like Okada or Tanahashi to work with. Those guys are special talents, Omega is athletic.

6. Shaun Hewitt

Shaun Hewitt First Grade

SGL, I think we have very similar tastes in professional wrestling!

7. Scott Gourley's Lovechild

Looks like AEW, ROH and NXT are going to have some issues with their British talent.

8. The Vaulting Violinist

Yup - and Cornette looks like he has just been outed as a cuck (at best) as well

9. The Vaulting Violinist

fair enough - I think omega can be five star but needs the right partner to dance with. I think that’s true of pretty much anyone. His match with PAC for example was brilliant

Eelementary likes this.
  10. mackdadday

mackdadday Juniors

AEW Dynamite is definitely the pick of the shows i watch and these days i generally only watch the highlights for Raw, SD and NXT. So much to love on it.

Inner Circle are hilarious.
    Best announce team on tv.
    Their roster just seem so much bigger than Raw and SD and everybody seems to have something going on.
    Britt Baker plus Tony Schivone is GOLD.
    Jericho and Cody have been the foundation so far but you feel like there are at least 12 guys ready to take that mantle in the next twelve months. MJF will be the one to take the belt off Moxley i think.
    Love Orange Cassidy and have no idea about his back story.
    The only qestionable decision that comes to mind was having Lance Archer lose to Cody. Archer had all this steam and now he seems to have disappeared since then. Hopefully they have bigger things in mind. I guess having Brody lose a world title match so quickly into his asrl stint was a bit bizarre too.

Nobody really stands out on the womens roster other than Shida and Britt althogh that Aboden is one freaky looking bitch.

11. Shaun Hewitt

Shaun Hewitt First Grade

Couple of things that turn me off the product

Orange Cassidy, his gimmick is just eww. I dunno about you, but I watch wrestling and want to suspend belief, I want to invest in what's going on, forget that its scripted. I want it to feel...well...real. Orange Cassidy just completely ruins the illusion for me. You can't tell me, that a guy can put his hands in his jeans, and compete with Le Champion... As does Marko Stunt in that he takes me the illusion out of it.

Another thing that happened recently - and potential spoiler alert, I saw it YouTube, not sure how recent it is, so DON'T READ IF YOU'RE NOT UP TO DATE - Still reading? okay, I figure it's okay to go on...Cassidy dropped a ton of Orange Juice (ha, fair but that isnt what angered me), then Ortiz massively oversells to the point of feeling second hand shame. Honestly ruined what otherwise would have been a good segment.

Little things like that just ruin it for, much like Dark when the womens champion who opened the show with a woman whose gimmick was being modelicious, to the point she even started to comb her opponents hair....come on!

They want to be different, and better than WWE...They have the talent, they have the roster imo to be able to compete but please, pick what you are, a serious contender? a mimic?

12. Scott Gourley's Lovechild

Add Matt Cardona (Zack Ryder) and Ariane (Cameron) to the AEW team.

Eelementary likes this.
  13. Scott Gourley's Lovechild

In awesome news, Eddie Kingston has been signed. The guy hasn’t been awesome for a long time, most recently with Impact and the NWA.

14. bileduct

bileduct Coach

Dark Order? More like Gimp Order.

15. Scott Gourley's Lovechild

Former NXT talent Tay Conti joins Cameron in being part of AEW's womens tag team tournament.