What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

*AEW Chat*

Big Pete

Referee
What did everyone make of the Kenta/Omega vs. Moxley/Archer match?

I thought outside of a couple of spots, the match was a mess. It seemed like they had a couple of ideas beforehand, but didn't exactly know how to set them up, so there were large portions of the match where guys would just disappear for no good reason.

It seemed like the match was trying to push all these agendas, but it ended up spreading itself too thin. It wasn't a classic match because they had Anderson/Gallows spoil it at the end. Kenta didn't stand out and if anything just re-enforced that he's nowhere near the performer he was in the 00s. Archer re-enforced that he's a choke artist and Omega came off as an idiot with that trash-can moon-sault spot.

It was a neat concept for a match, but as the first official cross-over it didn't leave me wanting more.

Big Pete

Referee
As far as train wreck matches go, I'm actually looking forward to seeing how an FMW match plays in the 2020s.

With that said, it seems like something you'd put onto end an epic feud. Despite this rivalry dating back a couple of years, it's been so off and on it doesn't quite have that level of intensity just yet and feels like something they could have built towards.

They had a similar problem with the Cody-Brodie match. In the end, it turned out to be a blessing they got to squeeze that match in but at the time it seemed like the dog collar stipulation came from nowhere.

There was something about last night's show that didn't gel with me. I thought it did a good job of promoting Revolution and some of the action was great, but the results mostly felt irrelevant. Khan promised that wins and losses would matter, except Santana and Ortiz are getting a shot at the tag team titles. Why? The only match-up that actually looked compelling was Riho/Deeb and even that was just a match they put on in the mid-card.

Also I find it really lazy booking when the number one contendership is decided by a tournament, battle royal or ladder match.

mackdadday

Juniors
AEW has signed The Big Show. The guy getting 'Please retire' chants like five years ago is set to return to the ring soon. Jesus.

Big Pete

Referee
I just hope they don't use him like Matt Hardy who is clearly over the hill but they keep giving him valuable television time. That's despite his segments largely being horrible and requiring gimmick change after gimmick change to try and fit in.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Add Christian to the roster, revealed as Big Show’s surprise signing.

Happy with that.
I had a deep sinking feeling his "big signing, with HOF worthy career" was going to be himself in an apparent heel turn.

Be interesting to see what he will do. Always been a 'peep', much preferred how TNA handled him.

Re - Matt Hardy, honestly, I think now he should just kind of drop the crazy/dark type gimmicks and be regular Matt Hardy. I don't think he will ever re-capture the magic of THAT TNA run.
I almost feel, a vanilla face Matt Hardy is almost the best choice currently.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Was hoping it would be anyone but Angle or Christian, just because it feels way too much like a rehash of TNA. Between that and the botchplosion it was all pretty underwhelming.

So now it looks like we're heading for an AEW and Impact World Title unification match (most likely Omega v Swann). Don't ask how that's going to work, no idea.

Latest posts