What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AFL coup will rock NRL

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Mr Angry of Brisbane Posted at 12:43 PM Today
Hey look the kids who are no good at sport have to do something in western Sydney. Getting their head dunked in toilets only fills up so much time. I am sure this VFL coach will do wonders for the kids not good enough to make the Rugby League, Soccer, Rugby Union, Basketball, Chess and Badminton teams.
Comment 103 of 124

griff

Bench
I loled

This is the AFL equivalent of Warren Ryan being appointed Melbourne Storm coach

backdoor

Juniors
Main pic in the Victorian paper.

572395-kevin-sheedy.jpg

Is that the bloke who used to be a judge on Australian Idol ???
Ian Dickhead ???

Joker's Wild

Coach
MrAngry said:
Quote:
Mr Angry of Brisbane Posted at 12:43 PM Today
Hey look the kids who are no good at sport have to do something in western Sydney. Getting their head dunked in toilets only fills up so much time. I am sure this VFL coach will do wonders for the kids not good enough to make the Rugby League, Soccer, Rugby Union, Basketball, Chess and Badminton teams.
Comment 103 of 124

I lol'd

gronkathon

First Grade
Tomorrow will be a press release from Sheety demanding the opening of 15 new public boggers to help grow the code

jargan83

Coach
Not only that but the two worse teams in the AFL (Melbourne and Richmond) didn't want him as coach ... this is just another beat up story by the AFL friendly media

The Western Sydney AFL team will fail within five years and will be quickly considered as the worse decision by any sporting league in Australia.

There are people here in Perth that will believe every press release that is put out from the AFL.

From the Perthnow website:

It's a brillaint move by the afl.... the sydney experiment was a disaster until they sent up barrasi who with his profile and history bought a lot of media attention and players with it. I would not think it would be in the afl or sheedy's plan to win a prem during his time at the club, but build a legacy for the next coach to build on. Whatever you say about sheedy, he is a human headline.

Posted by: tony collins of yokine 9:57am today

I'm definitely a little bit wet at the prospect of Kon Shiney in my home state!

Wow! And the premier no-one wants wanted him up here! Double wow!

Goddo

Bench
LOL

I just watched this video on the Telcrap site with the Sheeny dude flying around in a helicopter over western Sydney. With "Ride of the Valkaries" playing talking about how good it is, the camera zooming in on peoples homes like they are Vietcong to be mowed down.

Then they fly over a cricket oval and he says how awesome it is to provide people with the oportunity to play AFL.

I nearly wet myself laughing.

It probably will be like vietnam though. The arogant AFL/USA pursuing a war and ignoring the locals wishes.

Last edited:

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Rome had Hannibal
Napoleon had Waterloo
Custer had Little Big Horn
America had Vietnem
Russia had Afghanistan
The Dragons have had The Last 30 Years

Vlad Demitriou will have Blacktown.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I just wished the NRL was so proactive. I can only dream of an announcement by Gallop that Perth will be the 2013 expansion team and that they had appointed Wayne Bennet to spear head the development in WA leading up to the clubs inception in the league!

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
I just wished the NRL was so proactive. I can only dream of an announcement by Gallop that Perth will be the 2013 expansion team and that they had appointed Wayne Bennet to spear head the development in WA leading up to the clubs inception in the league!

Thats a fair point & I agree with it. I believe West Sydney will be a failure for the AFL, but they are being concise & sticking to their guns.

We can only wish.

You can't have Bennett though. Not yet.

VictoryFC

Bench
People have the strangest conception of how the world works - you dont win fans with PR stunts.

aids

Bench
league great game, being held back by terrible administration
afl mediocre game, being marched forward by great administration.

El Diablo

Post Whore
why are people comparing this numbnut to Bennett?

Bennett wasn't sacked and has been in the game. this nuffy was sacked and couldn't get a job anywhere and has not coached in years.

from what i have heard his last few years as coach were shocking hence his sacking

why on Earth would you get him after being out for so long?

and he won't generate press or interest in Sydney seeing he is unknown. he is only famous in Victoriania

Chook Norris

First Grade
0,,6233889,00.jpg

he brings with him a wealth of experience.. a 50 years of fumbling..

Too bad 99% of Sydney couldn't give a f**k who he is :lol:

little_aza

Juniors
league great game, being held back by terrible administration
afl mediocre game, being marched forward by great administration.

such a pity the great game doesnt have the great administration! and it's a pity how much the media are in love with the AFL

Flapper

First Grade
Reading some of these Telegraph comments makes me wish they put the users email address on them so they can explain themselves and actually be made to defend their idiocy, as opposed to just exposing us to it.