What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AFL coup will rock NRL

Iafeta

Referee
The only question I have to ask about the real Kevin Slim Sheddy please standing up is if he'll bring his wife Ally with him. Perhaps she can get Johnny-5 Alive to patrol the sidelines for them. Anyone got any tooth-floss so he can wear AFL pretend shorts?

El Diablo

Post Whore
The real Kevin Slim Sheddy has turned up. Pure Rugby League. How will we survive?

indeed

Rugby League survived the Super League war which split the game in two yet somehow the AFL think some pensioner in his 60's will kill the game and they will take over :crazy:

fourplay

Juniors
Let's not underestimate the impact this will have.

I just caught a train back from Parramatta to Penrith and it was Kelvin Shoddy mania.

kelvinshoddymania.jpg

kelvinshoddymania.jpg

Selachimorpha

Juniors
The AFL fairies get to jizz all over themselves about "taking over league's heartland", setting themselves up for even greater dissapointment when their bastard child of the Titanic & Hindenburg crashes and burns in spectacular fashion.

If this is the reaction to signing a washed up dinosaur coach i can't wait to see the wanking that'll happen when they sign some AFL "star" no one in Sydney's ever heard of. All for a team that nobody wants or will ever support, a few more years of the AFL cramming this down Sydney's throat will do more to secure western Sydney for League than the NRL could ever do themselves.

El Diablo

Post Whore
the red headed Victorian on Ten news just creamed his pants

and Shandy is destined to fail seeing Nathan Rees was just said to the one behind his move

Scarves

Juniors
The arrogance of the AFL will be their downfall. Most of these guys in AFL had never heard of Karmichael Hunt when the story broke, they have no real idea of what makes Sydney Sydney.

This is good for NRL and for Sydney. The AFL will spew heaps of cash into schools, grounds and kids, they'll train at Blacktown and play at Homebush (two completely different areas of Sydney) and then when the kids grow up all multi skilled, they'll remember AFL like they remember skateboarding and follow the game that couldn't be killed... our big game, Rugby League.

E.T.D

Juniors
The arrogance of the AFL will be their downfall. Most of these guys in AFL had never heard of Karmichael Hunt when the story broke, they have no real idea of what makes Sydney Sydney.

What does make Sydney, Sydney?

Delboy

First Grade
Who gives a flying fortress about AFL, I live in the Hills and don't see much interest in gay FL, there is a team at Kellyville I think but the majority of players are from ex=-pat Vic parents living here. Having said that, they spend a fortune in the schools, sometimes it is difficult to understand the free run it gets in the media,as its imprint is quite small.

Latest posts