What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AGM and Upcoming Elections

Tony Bongo

Bench
Bongo, regional members couldn't care about elections.

Regional fans are lacking a good type of membership which would make them feel closer to the club.

They (regional fans) feel like they are left out and i completely agree with them.

More work should be done in this area and it looks like they are improving the regional fan membership for this year and better for 2014

I do and from what he said today about proxy voting, so does Twizzle.....so you might like to rethink that presumption.
I tell you what regional fans (members) are lacking IMO - is anyone running our club caring about us because we can't vote without going to Sydney.....something I imagine very few would bother to do.

Last edited:

Jodeci

Bench
there are a lot of regional fans who can't get to games so non-ticketed blue blood is thier only option. I was a member of the Football club before the whole membership drive under Ozzy rein.
I just think there is too many trinkets in the members pack that regional fans don't need. Like a seat cover and Lanyard for instance which is only really good to use if you are going to a game etc.
the last 3 lanyards i got are still in the plastic bags they came in.
What do i as a regional fan want in my membership pack?
A cap, a keyring and a sticker and would be happy to pay $50 for it.

I totally agree with ya.

Regional packs need to be different from the ordinary packs.

It needs to be tailored to people's needs and wants.

I do and from what he said today about proxy voting, so does Twizzle.....so you might like to rethink that presumption.
I tell you what regional fans (members) are lacking IMO - is anyone running our club caring about them because we can't vote without going to Sydney.....something I imagine very few would bother to do.
Proxy voting was mentioned a few elections ago that was looking at bring in, but at the time the cost of re-writing the constitution was not worth it considering the club at the time was running at a loss.
it has not been mentioned since.
I assume it would need a % of the vote at a AGM or EGM to get it changed too.
No the club is more profitable why can't they do it?
Would make us regional fans feel more involved.

I totally agree with ya.

Regional packs need to be different from the ordinary packs.

It needs to be tailored to people's needs and wants.
Well they need to contact a few regional members and see what feed back they get.
Also the option it they do get to a game to meet the players after (could even charge a small fee, call it a regional fans game day experiance and have it as part of a ticket to the game.)
Some regional fans are lucky to get to a game every 5 years. Hell since i moved from western sydney 8 years ago i have only been down to one game.

Jodeci

Bench
I tell you what regional fans (members) are lacking IMO - is anyone running our club caring about them because we can't vote without going to Sydney.....something I imagine very few would bother to do.

Please Tony, I understand your running and that's great for you.

If there are more than 50 members who have a regional membership and want voting rights via proxy part of their membership then why don't you put that forward to Mr Edwards?

Get some signatures, just like a petition and send it in.

After watching the Edwards interview via fox sports, Mr Edwards seems like a approachable character who is willing to listen.

You can only try.

Tony Bongo

Bench
Proxy voting was mentioned a few elections ago that was looking at bring in, but at the time the cost of re-writing the constitution was not worth it considering the club at the time was running at a loss.
it has not been mentioned since.
I assume it would need a % of the vote at a AGM or EGM to get it changed too.
No the club is more profitable why can't they do it?
Would make us regional fans feel more involved.

Really? I find that interesting since they did change the constitution by taking out the definition of "Special Qualification" which has now turned the clubs constitution into a bigger joke than it was before. Who paid for that to be removed or did someone just take it out?
Also in the constitution, you will find that members need to be notified at least 3 weeks prior to an AGM (election) of the date of said election but that nominations have to be in 4 weeks before. It's an absolute joke, completely undemocratic and farcical. Put it on the long list of things that still need to change before our Fans and members are treated with the fairness and respect that we deserve (IMO).

Tony Bongo

Bench
Please Tony, I understand your running and that's great for you.

If there are more than 50 members who have a regional membership and want voting rights via proxy part of their membership then why don't you put that forward to Mr Edwards?

Get some signatures, just like a petition and send it in.

After watching the Edwards interview via fox sports, Mr Edwards seems like a approachable character who is willing to listen.

You can only try.

So I take it from that you haven't met him yet?

Really? I find that interesting since they did change the constitution by taking out the definition of "Special Qualification" which has now turned the clubs constitution into a bigger joke than it was before. Who paid for that to be removed or did someone just take it out?
Also in the constitution, you will find that members need to be notified at least 3 weeks prior to an AGM (election) of the date of said election but that nominations have to be in 4 weeks before. It's an absolute joke, completely undemocratic and farcical. Put it on the long list of things that still need to change before our Fans and members are treated with the fairness and respect that we deserve (IMO).
To clarfiy,
The information i got was only 3rd hand. Not from a direct source.
I'm not sure if it was for the football club or leagues club.

bartman

Immortal
I remember that promise...

There is no cost to re-writing a constitution, or a particular part of a constitution, other than someone putting the effort in. The club making a loss or a profit has nothing to do with it imo. There are many many legal firms who offer pro bono services (free, in return for acknowledgement/recognition) to tweak draft constitutions to ensure they remain legal and able to be registered appropriately.

strider

Post Whore
yeah i also remember the old, why don't these current evil board members allow proxy votes, we'll bring them in, line .... it goes down with the switch control of the nrl team to the FC line and the enormously long queue of waiting sponsors

i dunno, maybe proxy voting does sit in the too hard/not worth it basket? and maybe that's why the previous mob never bothered?

but maybe this IS a way of making the regional people feel closer and more involved like parra-matters says

mind you, you'll still only be voting the FC board who don't control the nrl team anyway - lol

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think I will vote for 3P. Those merkins don't tolerate mediocrity.

First they sacked everyone associated with the old regime. Then they sacked everyone associated with themselves.

eels81236

Bench
I always thought it was the Registered Clubs Act that didn't allow proxy voting rather than simply Parramatta being Parramatta.

Happy to be proven wrong, but.

born an eel

Bench
mind you, you'll still only be voting the FC board who don't control the nrl team anyway - lol
not being a regional fan so I don't pretend to know but would be interested in the view of those who are, is it all about the NRL sides or are you also interested in the running of the junior sides?

I haven't been to a none NRL game for years so my main concern is the leagues club elections, but as the board need a certain number of faces on both that is were the interest lies for the PDRLC elections.

Utey

Coach
I always thought it was the Registered Clubs Act that didn't allow proxy voting rather than simply Parramatta being Parramatta.

Happy to be proven wrong, but.

Can someone please confirm? It would stop all the little b*tches whining if it ended up being true.

Newtowneel

Juniors
Registered Clubs Act 1976 No.31 Section 30(d)

(d) A person shall not:
(i) attend or vote at any meeting of the club or of the governing body or any committee of the club, or​
(ii) vote at any election of, or of a member of, the governing body of the club,​
as the proxy of another person.

The problem being, The Parramatta District Rugby League club does not fall under the Registered Clubs act of 1976, however the leagues club is. It was Denis who kept the rules the same for both clubs to avoid confusion (as he told me in a meeting in October 2008). So that is why I was confused with Twizzle said we had proxy voting. We have never had Proxy voting. I thought it was one thing that was spoken about heavily and was supposed to be changed. I know my club in Victoria allows it and uses compushare to verify legitimacy of proxy votes, and then tally them.

Sorry mate, I have been to every AGM for the last little while, when was the "Special Qualification" removed?

Latest posts