What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alan Jones on the Cronulla Issue.

Surely

Post Whore
Wow, put me in my place.

Learn to use a question mark.

I'm apolitical, sorry to disappoint.

Its nothing to do with putting you in your place it's about being able to reply to your post with out pulling it apart.

See if I do it like this then there's a few more steps especially when you are on a f**king phone

Madsharkie

First Grade
As much as people may think Jones and Gould are a*ses, I think we need this type of thing out in the media. This takes some of the pressure off of us. All of a sudden Joe Public, who doesn't give a f**k about the sharks btw, starts to doubt all of the other shyte and inuendo getting thrown about in the media. Maybe those cronulla pricks aren't drugos after all...

Hopefully some of the 'cut n paste' journo monkeys see there's more to the story and start throwing some more doubt around (away from the sharks and towards the investigation and its processes).

See this Jones/Gould story isn't about whether or not I like them, it's about playing the game and giving us some breathing space in the media. We don't want to be on the front page anymore!

Plus their rant will hopefully get up the nose of the NRL/ARL and ensure we get more support. I'm sure the new NRL CEO doesn't want this continuing any more than we do (especially if he's portrayed as not helping).

Special K

Coach
I understand they needed to protect the club but I also understand if it means they now have to go. Didn't have to be this way though... One bad week of panic may have cost the board dearly.

Jones is right though - this story is world wide. I first heard about it(the dark day press conf) in new york on espn.

adamkungl

Immortal
Hard to disagree, regardless of your opinions on Gould and Jones.

The entire process has been utterly farcical.

Gregbyday

Juniors
Jones was standing up for the Sharks again this morning, more importantly standing up for the players welfare.
How dare he :roll:

Sharkman

Juniors
As much as people may think Jones and Gould are a*ses, I think we need this type of thing out in the media. This takes some of the pressure off of us. All of a sudden Joe Public, who doesn't give a f**k about the sharks btw, starts to doubt all of the other shyte and inuendo getting thrown about in the media. Maybe those cronulla pricks aren't drugos after all...

Hopefully some of the 'cut n paste' journo monkeys see there's more to the story and start throwing some more doubt around (away from the sharks and towards the investigation and its processes).

See this Jones/Gould story isn't about whether or not I like them, it's about playing the game and giving us some breathing space in the media. We don't want to be on the front page anymore!

Plus their rant will hopefully get up the nose of the NRL/ARL and ensure we get more support. I'm sure the new NRL CEO doesn't want this continuing any more than we do (especially if he's portrayed as not helping).
I agree wholeheartedly.

Regardless of your political persuasion, your personal view on Jones, Hadley, Gould or anyone else of their type, it can only be a good thing.

bluefox1968

Juniors
What I am intrigued about is: WHY DIDN'T THE WHOLE CLUB JUST BUNKER DOWN AND - BY THEIR SILENCE - DECLARE: 'PROVE IT WHILE WE GET ON WITH THE SEASON'?

I wonder if there are financial elements to this... Obviously, bad publicity = no sponsors... Did the Board panic BECAUSE of financial pressures?

They have panicked... The Board will go down... But, have they taken the club down (completely) with them?

Feej

First Grade
What I am intrigued about is: WHY DIDN'T THE WHOLE CLUB JUST BUNKER DOWN AND - BY THEIR SILENCE - DECLARE: 'PROVE IT WHILE WE GET ON WITH THE SEASON'?

I wonder if there are financial elements to this... Obviously, bad publicity = no sponsors... Did the Board panic BECAUSE of financial pressures?

They have panicked... The Board will go down... But, have they taken the club down (completely) with them?
Historically the board(s) have pretty much always panicked:

Bird
Seymor
Gow and his scissors
ASADA

Have I missed any more?

Latest posts