What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alex McKinnon possibly Quadriplegic - Mclean guilty of dangerous throw - 7 weeks

How many weeks?

• 1-2

Votes: 53 42.7%
  • 3-4

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • 5-6

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • 7-8

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • 9+

Votes: 26 21.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LESStar58

Referee
You do realise that people charged with crimes are often held in gaol until their trial if the crime and evidence is serious enough

Given McLeans actions were broadcast on live, national television, I think the NRL is well within their rights here

Fair point... and Melbourne can appeal... not that it will do much good.

LESStar58

Referee
Disagree. McKinnon had the weight of 3 11diplus forwards going straight onto his neck

The momentum of McKinnon's go forward and the three tackling players didnt help but he wasn't driven at 90 degrees in to ground from a more or less standing start.

Usain Bolt

Bench
Shows how piss weak the NRL players association is. Would never happen in MLB, NBA or the NFL. If hearings are delayed or they appeal suspensions they are allowed to keep playing until such time their case or appeal is heard.

afinalsin666

First Grade
Inglis dumped by Fa'aoso twice that match was worse, and he got 8 weeks or so? Wouldn't complain if McLean got that honestly, an example needs to be set, it's just unfortunate that it's one of my guys that needs to be crucified for it. But they should also throw grade ones at the rest of the spears this round, there were three or four in the Melbourne game alone. If they are going to set an example, do it for all the tackles, rather than the one spotlighted by the injury.

ek999

First Grade
Shows how piss weak the NRL players association is. Would never happen in MLB, NBA or the NFL. If hearings are delayed or they appeal suspensions they are allowed to keep playing until such time their case or appeal is heard.

They can request he be available to play

northwest9

Juniors
Are you saying you seriously haven't seen a worse tackle than that? A worse injury maybe not but a worse tackle? Those tackles happen all the time.

46 seconds into the game last night a player put in a much worse position than the tackle being discussed.

No injury so it was not mentioned, just a penalty.

The rules are clearly wrong, they need to be fixed, I reckon to stop the third player in, call held as soon as the ball is secured and the attackers forward advancement has ceased.

Don't wait and make another come in to get held called

Joker's Wild

Coach
Inglis dumped by Fa'aoso twice that match was worse, and he got 8 weeks or so? Wouldn't complain if McLean got that honestly, an example needs to be set, it's just unfortunate that it's one of my guys that needs to be crucified for it. But they should also throw grade ones at the rest of the spears this round, there were three or four in the Melbourne game alone. If they are going to set an example, do it for all the tackles, rather than the one spotlighted by the injury.

Agree

Snowden was made an example of last year when the shoulder charge was being put under the microscope so I can see McLean receiving the same treatment here.

afinalsin666

First Grade
f**k there are some entitled merkins here. An apology isn't for your benefit for f**k sakes. Will a canned media interview really make you feel better? An apology is solely for the aggrieved and the apologizer, and it should be settled when they can meet, not in front of a media circus so you sad motherf**kers can judge it.

It's between McLean and McKinnon.

BranVan3000

Coach
46 seconds into the game last night a player put in a much worse position than the tackle being discussed.

The rules are clearly wrong, they need to be fixed, I reckon to stop the third player in, call held as soon as the ball is secured and the attackers forward advancement has ceased.

Slightly OT. Why not just call held as soon as the third player comes into the tackle?

Season vet

Juniors
He tried to milk a penalty and put he's body on the line to do so but when't wrong,
He's team mates are to Blame for winning at the time I say. 3 from 3 go the storm!

Frailty

First Grade

So... The current rule?

LESStar58

Referee
f**k there are some entitled merkins here. An apology isn't for your benefit for f**k sakes. Will a canned media interview really make you feel better? An apology is solely for the aggrieved and the apologizer, and it should be settled when they can meet, not in front of a media circus so you sad motherf**kers can judge it.

It's between McLean and McKinnon.

Good post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts