What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alex McKinnon possibly Quadriplegic - Mclean guilty of dangerous throw - 7 weeks

How many weeks?

• 1-2

Votes: 53 42.7%
  • 3-4

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • 5-6

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • 7-8

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • 9+

Votes: 26 21.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RWB

Bench
No, this is a prime example of why this act is illegal.

I am not baying for blood. But to me, suggesting he receives 0 weeks is as ridiculous as saying (as I have heard some say) that he ought to be banned for the season.

AKA Bigotry.

Why even start a thread if you only want to hear opinions similar to or more extreme than yours?

Danish

Referee
Yeah lol.
It's a myth that Soccer is a 'safer' sport.
This is a horrible accident but it's just that...an accident and they do happen from time to time.

Gymnastics, skiing and snowboarding can cause some horrific injuries, yet I don't see parents swearing off those sports.

Gymnastics is one of the few sports that is guaranteed to have negative effects on your kid, actually. The damage tumbling does to your joints is horrendous, and it has proven lasting affects on skeletal development.

People get too caught up in whether or not a sport involves any contact when deciding what is good or bad for their kid to be involved in TBH. Non-contact sports can be just as damaging.

Reminds me of Little Giants.

10180078ed794248b239f659975de58a.Large.jpg

Gigglez from all the people without kids.

Yes mate, I fully inderstand. As previously said, my youngest is playing at the highest level junior rep footy, at the moment, and this tragedy sent a chill up my spine.

Just give it time and let your boys indicate to you and your wife what sport (if any, at all), they wish to give "it a go".

Well said.

Springs

First Grade
Lol @ people comparing travelling in a car to playing rugby league.

One is almost a necessity in life that everyone does almost everyday, the other is a sport.

So? With the damage it causes shouldn't it be banned?
It's just the same amount of hysteria that is linking the Alex McKinnon injury to f**king mini footy.

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
I find it unbelievable that so many say "So many other lifting tackles don't result in broken necks, so why should McLean be punished just because his one did result in that?" .... when the WHOLE point that lifting tackles are illegal is BECAUSE the tackled player might break their neck as a result.

FMD, how is this concept that difficult to understand?!?!

Meth

Staff member
AKA Bigotry.

Why even start a thread if you only want to hear opinions similar to or more extreme than yours?

Wtf

Looks like McKinnon wasn't the only one dropped on his head.

andrew057

First Grade
I find it unbelievable that so many say "So many other lifting tackles don't result in broken necks, so why should McLean be punished just because his one did result in that?" .... when the WHOLE point that lifting tackles are illegal is BECAUSE the tackled player might break their neck as a result.

FMD, how is this concept that difficult to understand?!?!

People DO understand that mate.

But basing the penalty on the severity of the injury is a very slippery slope.

The tackle was illegal and it was a terrible out come.

But theres been hundereds of tackles like that over the years and I doubt any of them wouldve results in more than a few weeks suspension.

betcats

Referee
Haha these blokes get so defensive its geniused, they can't even have a conversation about it.

Also that is a big f**king list of dead soccer players, suprised me, but it is hardly relevant. IF league was as big globally as soccer and for as long as it has been i think its fair to say league would have a similar list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts