What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alex McKinnon possibly Quadriplegic - Mclean guilty of dangerous throw - 7 weeks

How many weeks?

• 1-2

Votes: 53 42.7%
  • 3-4

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • 5-6

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • 7-8

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • 9+

Votes: 26 21.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Springs

First Grade
Mini league is safer than a kid walking home from school FFS.
If league is out of the question so should skateboards, roller skates, cars, bikes, motorbikes, running, every other team sport and even walking on the footpath.

Meth

Staff member
Where's the 0 option?

Injuries shouldn't be taken into consideration.

It was clearly an illegal tackle. I don't think people who think he shouldn't receive some sort of suspension for it should be taken into consideration

RWB

Bench
It was clearly an illegal tackle. I don't think people who think he shouldn't receive some sort of suspension for it should be taken into consideration

Not every illegal act must lead to suspension though.

That's just poor reasoning and lacks simple logic.

Springs

First Grade
I'd give 2 weeks. I'd say it will get 3-4 if they are reasonable, 10+ if they are hysterical reactionary idiots.

I think you need to let the emotions from this tragic accident settle before saying no to league or rugby.

Your two littlies will let you and your wife (obviously with your guidance)know the sport they prefer by their coordination (whether they want to kick a ball along the ground or pick it up and run etc). There will be key indicators.

I've clearly stated that I haven't said no.

However injuries like this certainly make you stop and think, and my point is I can definately understand why parents would do a double take.

A broken leg is one thing, a broken neck is a whole definately kettle of fish when comparing injuries, I'd rather take a 1/1000 chance of kids getting a broken leg then a 1/100,000 chance of getting a broken neck.

Bronco Rob

Juniors
McLean's actions while not entirely revered by many it were also not illegal. Rather than handing Jordan an over-reactionary ban beacuse of a massively unfortunate situation, how about the NRL just coming out and initiating an immediate blanket ban of the lifting motion in a gang tackling situation.

Last edited:
I love you drama queens that are acting like parents are screaming hysterical over it rather then just concerned.

Seriously, you all bag nine it for sensationalising situations yet look at you. Get a grip.

El Diablo

Post Whore

However injuries like this certainly make you stop and think, and my point is I can definately understand why parents would do a double take.

A broken leg is one thing, a broken neck is a whole definately kettle of fish when comparing injuries, I'd rather take a 1/1000 chance of kids getting a broken leg then a 1/100,000 chance of getting a broken neck.

so you are going to lock your children in a padded room?

God-King Dean

Immortal
Reminds me of Little Giants.

10180078ed794248b239f659975de58a.Large.jpg

I love you drama queens that are acting like parents are screaming hysterical over it rather then just concerned.

Seriously, you all bag nine it for sensationalising situations yet look at you. Get a grip.

You're the one saying 'you'd never see this on a soccer field'

When in fact players have died as a result of in game actions ( and I'm not including heart attacks)

Just the other day a player almost swallowed his tongue on the soccer pitch. Would have died if another player didn't intervene.

magpie4ever

First Grade

Yes mate, I fully inderstand. As previously said, my youngest is playing at the highest level junior rep footy, at the moment, and this tragedy sent a chill up my spine.

Just give it time and let your boys indicate to you and your wife what sport (if any, at all), they wish to give "it a go".

Last edited:

Johns Magic

Referee

WTF.

Why the f**k is it illegal at all if even a kid looking at life as a quadriplegic isn't a bad enough case to warrant any suspension at all?

You obviously think this type of tackle should not be illegal if that is what you are saying.

Usain Bolt

Bench
Lol @ people comparing travelling in a car to playing rugby league.

One is almost a necessity in life that everyone does almost everyday, the other is a sport.

Last edited:

Shorty

Staff member

Meth

Staff member

No, this is a prime example of why this act is illegal.

I am not baying for blood. But to me, suggesting he receives 0 weeks is as ridiculous as saying (as I have heard some say) that he ought to be banned for the season.

betcats

Referee
Yeah lol.
It's a myth that Soccer is a 'safer' sport.
This is a horrible accident but it's just that...an accident and they do happen from time to time.

Gymnastics, skiing and snowboarding can cause some horrific injuries, yet I don't see parents swearing off those sports.

Would you hear about it? 100 percent there are parents that don't let their kids do those things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts