What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alex McKinnon possibly Quadriplegic - Mclean guilty of dangerous throw - 7 weeks

How many weeks?

• 1-2

Votes: 53 42.7%
  • 3-4

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • 5-6

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • 7-8

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • 9+

Votes: 26 21.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Do you say that to all the players that lift with the potential of serious injury or are you just saying this isolated incident.

Same for all players. I hate lifting tackles period. Rub them out, no need for them. Honestly how hard is it to call held as soon as the bloke is in the air. I blame the NRL, the refs more...but Jordan MUST pay for stupidity alone!

innsaneink

Referee

Jason Maher

Immortal
No weeks. He has to live with what happened to McKinnon. Punishmemt enough. There was no malice at all in the tackle.

skeepe

Immortal
Same for all players. I hate lifting tackles period. Rub them out, no need for them. Honestly how hard is it to call held as soon as the bloke is in the air. I blame the NRL, the refs more...but Jordan MUST pay for stupidity alone!

So it's the refs fault that McKinnon got injured?

carcharias

Immortal
Goodness me, and from what I can read you actually played- must of been for 10 minutes off the bench according to this dribble.

Actually ended up with a compression fracture of my vertabrae .
Played from 13 until I was 21.

That injury was the end .

I know what I'm talking about.

typicalfan

Coach
Sometimes it is easy to overreact in the face of such an incident. I think the NRL if they are smart will give himsome weeks on the sideline but rather than make him a complete scapegoat for a tackle that to be fair happens often especially when two players are already holding the player up, I think they will force him to do some community work in that time.

That is what I would do. Just slapping him with a forever ban actually does less imo.

_Johnsy

Referee
No weeks. He has to live with what happened to McKinnon. Punishmemt enough. There was no malice at all in the tackle.

Disagree, he has to take responsible for being the primary cause of this accident. No more than 4 weeks, minimum of 2 IMO.

Tayjack

Juniors
Sometimes it is easy to overreact in the face of such an incident. I think the NRL if they are smart will give himsome weeks on the sideline but rather than make him a complete scapegoat for a tackle that to be fair happens often especially when two players are already holding the player up, I think they will force him to do some community work in that time.

That is what I would do. Just slapping him with a forever ban actually does less imo.

Community work??? It gets better in this thread - that's embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts