What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alex McKinnon possibly Quadriplegic - Mclean guilty of dangerous throw - 7 weeks

How many weeks?

• 1-2

Votes: 53 42.7%
  • 3-4

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • 5-6

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • 7-8

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • 9+

Votes: 26 21.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ByRd

First Grade
Nrl counsel asking for grade 2-3, 7 weeks!! Way too much if just looking at the incident alone without taking injury into it.

Inu's on Inglis was a million times worse and he got 7 down to 5.

Tayjack

Juniors
I was actually saying if I saw 3 blokes do that to my kids off a footy field.

But you just keep going scoop.

No worries there scoop, as I just went though that original post of yours scoop and not once did u mention you were referring to OFF the footy field scoop?

As I said b4............. Novice

The_Savage_1

Juniors
The NRL are asking for a ban of between 7 and 11 weeks - with six extra weeks for seriousness of the injury which is now a factor following the guilty verdict. Originally the judiciary was told to not consider the injury in their ruling but since finding McLean guilty it become a factor in his suspension.

Eels Dude

Coach
If they are taking the injury sustained out of the decision, won't he get off as this bloke has no loading yeah????? He has never been to the judiciary b4, just because it was referred surely he escapes.

In cases that are referred straight to the judiciary they have complete discretion of how many weeks they suspend someone for I believe.

BunniesMan

Immortal
The injury isn't considered when deciding guilt or innocence. But it is considered when deciding a punishment if found guilty.

Maximus

Coach
U may know what your talking about in regards to your injury, but to say you'd go and shoot someone for a tackle like that on your own kids tells me you know nothing about the regular contact in the game- clearly. 8 years u played, at 21 ur not fully grown, and assuming you only played in a junior league based comp, you therefore lack the knowledge to understand how quick and fast the NRL is. In light of your shooting comment you are a complete imbecile.

So how much NRL experience do you have?

The_Savage_1

Juniors
if they're going to try and slug him extra for the injury, I don't know how they can try for a grade 3 or 4 (which impliedly doesn't consider the injury). it's surely a grade 1 or 2 at worst.

I've said all along 4 weeks is an appropriate punishment to stamp this out.

But whatever he gets is a very small part of the solution.

The refs need to absolutely crack down on this. Blow a penalty and put blokes on report EVERY time it happens.

They were very strict years ago but it has crept back in the game.
BunniesMan, I agree but for the refs to crack down on it, the ARL must make a stand and more importantly, make a change to the rules. No 3rd man in a tackle means no 3rd man for a start.

Heard a suggestion today that wrestling coaches should be banned, interesting but I don't know how you could. Heard a suggestion that the 10 metres should go and reduce it to 5 or 7.

It's going to be very interesting reading tomorrow as no doubt some of the oxygen thief journalists will all have their 'new ideas' as to how to fix up the game.

Oh yeah, i forgot, what would I give him? 2 weeks at most, hopefully nothing, as it was a terrible, terrible accident.

wests1

Juniors
Seriously Paul Kent needs to Give up the ghost. All he does is sit on that show and defend the media like he did when Willie Mason and Robbie Farah took him to task a few weeks ago.
He whinged about people spreading the news that was reported about Alex McKinnon and were angry when they found out it may have been inaccurate. The reason people are angry, Paul, is because we should trust journos to feed us accurate, fact checked information.
Could someone please stop this man having access to a platform to moralise at us - especially while he works for perhaps the most deplorable, immoral and corrupted organisations on earth.

georgesnmith

Juniors
if they're going to try and slug him extra for the injury, I don't know how they can try for a grade 3 or 4 (which impliedly doesn't consider the injury). it's surely a grade 1 or 2 at worst.

i agree with that

the media are crying for blood, this kid if the fall guy for it

carcharias

Immortal
No worries there scoop, as I just went though that original post of yours scoop and not once did u mention you were referring to OFF the footy field scoop?

As I said b4............. Novice

I was making a comparison.
Nobody would stand by and let that happen to their kid off a field .
However people who don't let that happen to their kids on a field are soft?

I can't help it if you were the only one who misunderstood that bit.

Dragons01

First Grade
Here is part of MCLeans defence by his lawyer Nick Ghabar.

Ghabar expressed deep sympathy for MCKinnon and his family but insisted with respect that the Knights youngster "unfortunately and unwittingly contributed to his injury by tucking his head into his chest before hitting the ground.
He said if McKinnon did not change his posture mid tackle "there would be no way he would have landed on his head".

A quick way to lose sympathy for McLean blame the victim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts