What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alex McKinnon possibly Quadriplegic - Mclean guilty of dangerous throw - 7 weeks

How many weeks?

• 1-2

Votes: 53 42.7%
  • 3-4

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • 5-6

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • 7-8

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • 9+

Votes: 26 21.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I've said all along 4 weeks is an appropriate punishment to stamp this out.

But whatever he gets is a very small part of the solution.

The refs need to absolutely crack down on this. Blow a penalty and put blokes on report EVERY time it happens.

They were very strict years ago but it has crept back in the game.

Tayjack

Juniors
Actually ended up with a compression fracture of my vertabrae .
Played from 13 until I was 21.

That injury was the end .

I know what I'm talking about.

U may know what your talking about in regards to your injury, but to say you'd go and shoot someone for a tackle like that on your own kids tells me you know nothing about the regular contact in the game- clearly. 8 years u played, at 21 ur not fully grown, and assuming you only played in a junior league based comp, you therefore lack the knowledge to understand how quick and fast the NRL is. In light of your shooting comment you are a complete imbecile.

Tayjack

Juniors
If they are taking the injury sustained out of the decision, won't he get off as this bloke has no loading yeah????? He has never been to the judiciary b4, just because it was referred surely he escapes.

carcharias

Immortal
U may know what your talking about in regards to your injury, but to say you'd go and shoot someone for a tackle like that on your own kids tells me you know nothing about the regular contact in the game- clearly. 8 years u played, at 21 ur not fully grown, and assuming you only played in a junior league based comp, you therefore lack the knowledge to understand how quick and fast the NRL is. In light of your shooting comment you are a complete imbecile.

I was actually saying if I saw 3 blokes do that to my kids off a footy field.

But you just keep going scoop.

andrew057

First Grade
I've said all along 4 weeks is an appropriate punishment to stamp this out.

But whatever he gets is a very small part of the solution.

The refs need to absolutely crack down on this. Blow a penalty and put blokes on report EVERY time it happens.

They were very strict years ago but it has crept back in the game.

One of your better posts.

The_Savage_1

Juniors
NRL counsel asking it to be graded a 3 or 4 Dangerous throw...

so that seems to be the worst case scenario

perhaps that was reckless rather than careless as...

Judiciary prosecutor Peter Kite has just asked for Jordan McLean to be suspended for 7-11 weeks. Defence now putting across their submission

The_Savage_1

Juniors
you would have to suspect the defence will be requesting careless grade 1 and using other similar tackles (barring the outcome of course) as an example

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Anything less than 10 weeks will result in media stories calling it a soft penalty. Even 11 weeks would do that too probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.