What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alex McKinnon possibly Quadriplegic - Mclean guilty of dangerous throw - 7 weeks

How many weeks?

• 1-2

Votes: 53 42.7%
  • 3-4

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • 5-6

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • 7-8

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • 9+

Votes: 26 21.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LESStar58

Referee
Readnt of ALL horizontal tackles

Seriously,if the victim of this tackle gone awry had played for melbourne you'd be screaming blue murder

If Slater was make a quadraplegic from a unlucky tackle you'd be screaming,remember Melbourne has form with giving players broken necks

And on what basis are you judging what you consider my "hypothetical" reaction on if the roles were reversed or if it happened to a Storm player?

Jason Maher

Immortal
Can someone tell me if Rod Wishart was playing for the Storm when he dumped Tim Brasher on his head? My memory is a little hazy. Want to see if this "Storm started it" thing is true.

MrAnonymous

Bench
Why do people want the rules changed.

Did everyone want the rules changed for jumping in the our contesting for the ball when Yow Yeh broke his ankle?

LESStar58

Referee
The emotion in your words,the use of capitals in ALL

Emotion. Yep lots of that this week. Funny that.

yep. All. Regardless of who it happens to and regardless of injury. Put someone in a similar position and it should be 7 to 11 weeks. If Mckinnon doesnt come off as worse as he did this is a grade one or two charge at best.

BunniesMan

Immortal
7 is slightly more than I would have given him. But they seriously need to pull this up EVERY time it happens.

mxlegend99

Referee
He gets 7 weeks when 3 other player made the exact same tackle in the same game and didn't even get penalised.

If they dont give 7 weeks to every player who does the same tackle, then they're not punishing him for an illegal tackle. They're punishing him because a player is injured... And that sends the message that lifting tackles are fine UNLESS the worst case scenario happens. Solving nothing. The judiciary fails epically yet again.

ByRd

First Grade
And Inu's was a million times worse, this is too harsh, 2-3 weeks would have been more fair

Status
Not open for further replies.