What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alex McKinnon possibly Quadriplegic - Mclean guilty of dangerous throw - 7 weeks

How many weeks?

• 1-2

Votes: 53 42.7%
  • 3-4

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • 5-6

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • 7-8

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • 9+

Votes: 26 21.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

God-King Dean

Immortal

jargan83

Coach
You what the saddest thing is?

52% of people voted 'Yes' to scrapping the 10 metre rule.

Sad to believe there's still people out there who take what they read in the newspapers as gospel.

I was extremely surprised when I saw that.

I would have thought the poll would be a resounding no vote.

oikee

Juniors
These ex-players are killing the game, forget a accident in a tackle. You have Sattler saying the game has gone soft, the refs are killing the game, you have another muppet in Mortimer calling for a ban on 10 metre rule because 1 tackle in 20 years went wrong.
World gone mad, rugby league is killing itself with all these old merkin players thinking they have a say in the game, which has changed out of sight since they were involved.

Just read the Alex has a broken neck. That in itself is not as bad as it seems, you can recover as long as your nerves have not been damaged.
Anyhow, all the best.
Sterlo started all this, and it is normally ex=players doing more damage to the code than the current players.
More mums are walking away from the game today, i can see the exodus as we write.
All this started over a innocent accident.
The longer we allow these ex-league muppets to make comments and have their own shows, the more we are killing the code.
Wont be a ship to float soon.
The only thing that can kill the code is the code itself, well that is fast becoming apparent.

El Diablo

Post Whore
These ex-players are killing the game, forget a accident in a tackle. You have Sattler saying the game has gone soft, the refs are killing the game, you have another muppet in Mortimer calling for a ban on 10 metre rule because 1 tackle in 20 years went wrong.
World gone mad, rugby league is killing itself with all these old merkin players thinking they have a say in the game, which has changed out of sight since they were involved.

Just read the Alex has a broken neck. That in itself is not as bad as it seems, you can recover as long as your nerves have not been damaged.
Anyhow, all the best.
Sterlo started all this, and it is normally ex=players doing more damage to the code than the current players.
More mums are walking away from the game today, i can see the exodus as we write.
All this started over a innocent accident.
The longer we allow these ex-league muppets to make comments and have their own shows, the more we are killing the code.
Wont be a ship to float soon.
The only thing that can kill the code is the code itself, well that is fast becoming apparent.

you never see Yawnion journos and players saying ban scrums to stop broken necks

it's a disgrace the way the NRL journos use unfortunate incidents like these to bag out the game and make out it's not safe and you should not let your kids play it

won't be long before they write an article after they've rung a Doctor who will say the game should be banned

they seem to not care about Mckinnon one bit

oikee

Juniors
I just stopped reading the DT. Half my problems solved.

The other would be to ban myself reading the LU Crowds thread.

Well done. I just joined this blog and i have never seen so many one-eyed views and comments that hardly make any common sense whatsoever.
It is like someone put a brick wall up and told these muppets to run into it and they all agreed it sounds like a great idea. It will save me having to use my brain today.
Look, i walked away from comment sites for 3 months, i was banned. That was the best thing ever happened to me.
I began to regain clarity, i got me sanity back, i started to see again out me other eye, and i looked at the real issues that are effecting the game.

Look, not long ago i counted memberships compared to fans going to the game.
Well the games attended by fans were lower than the amount of memberships for that game.
Even now fans are lower than the Memberships, same as AFL.
If we went by AFL members, every game would be overflowing.

You probably asking what does this mean, well it means that no new fans are attending our code. We have stagnated and it looks like going backwards because someone just gave me crowds figures lower than last year, and last year we went backwards as well.
The ex-league players dont even have a clue and will never understand that they are killing our code. even sterlo.
The whole lot backflipped on the bring back the biff issue, and last year were leading the charge when Gallen went apeshit. Remember every single one of these old league dinosaurs saying what a great hit shoulder charges were when players were having the heads snapped back and being knocked rotten.
Now the lot have done a back-flip. Maybe because they are worried more about their pay-packets or being sued than player safety.
They fool nobody with any common sense, and mums and even dads are seeing right through them.
And that is where rugby league is falling down.

Something stinks. Said one nut to the other.

Last edited:

Ulysseus

Bench
The punishment should be potentially linked to the outcome.
If I am speeding in a car and tap the back of another car and do minor damage I get to pay for the repairs - I would have also been breaking the law but due to the outcome nothing happens to me from a punishment perspective - financially I would have to fork out but that is it.
If I am speeding in a car and run through a pedestrian crossing and nail two people killing one of them and griveously injuring the other I think you will find that the sentence handed to me would be quiet proportionate to the outcome of said incident.

Honestly if scum bag number 16 doesn't lift between the legs it is something that doesn't occur and it is why it is f**king banned.
Typical that it is the team that has come up with every scum bag f**king tactic over the last decade (the crusher, the chicken wing, Billy's studs first sliding etc) that caused this to happen and I cannot say I am surprised.

LESStar58

Referee
Poor Alex. Such a terrible situation and a freak accident

To the people in here saying these are deliberate Storm tactics.... seriously. Were you even watching the game? It was an accident. They didn't try lift him to drive him headfirst into the ground, they were trying to get him down and on his back and things went wrong.

It wasn't malicious - it was just a sad, unfortunate incident.

I wish Alex McKinnon all the best. No one, wants to see anyone get hurt like that

Quite possibly the smartest thing said on the issue in this thread.

Part of me anticipates Jarrod McCracken part 2

LESStar58

Referee
Slightly off topic.....

My main issue with this incident is that the Melbourne player wasn't sent off.

We can argue about the suspension all we want, but I believe if an act of foul play results in a player not returning, they should be sent. 1 penalty can't compensate for playing with 16 players.

Get your hand off it.

Last edited:

Ulysseus

Bench
Part of me anticipates Jarrod McCracken part 2

And why shouldn't he sue his sorry arse?
He is the entire cause of what is going to be a "rest of life" injury.
Crackers didn't get a large settlement at the time though due him being financially better off by not playing footy and instead concentrating on his property development (which eventually went a bit awry anyway).
Although let us not forget that Parra's future "Supercoach" also got sent off in his last ESL game for similar f**king behaviour.
Kearney = Shit merkin

oikee

Juniors
Too small, you wouldn't have time to pass it from dummy half before the opposition was there

If we shorten it to five, we might as well just join with rugby union.
That is what our game will be, union without scrums if we adopt the 5 metre rule. Now i question Mortimer's alliance. Is he working for the dark side.

RufusRex

Post Whore
Too small, you wouldn't have time to pass it from dummy half before the opposition was there

sigh .. how did they ever cope for 80 years ...

5m is fine but the attacking side would need to get back as well .. less flat passes and more depth. The added benefit is that you would see less dummy half running as the defence is closer and more ball playing ... We might even see the return of the 5/8

Springs

First Grade
Well done. I just joined this blog and i have never seen so many one-eyed views and comments that hardly make any common sense whatsoever.
It is like someone put a brick wall up and told these muppets to run into it and they all agreed it sounds like a great idea. It will save me having to use my brain today.
Look, i walked away from comment sites for 3 months, i was banned. That was the best thing ever happened to me.
I began to regain clarity, i got me sanity back, i started to see again out me other eye, and i looked at the real issues that are effecting the game.

Look, not long ago i counted memberships compared to fans going to the game.
Well the games attended by fans were lower than the amount of memberships for that game.
Even now fans are lower than the Memberships, same as AFL.
If we went by AFL members, every game would be overflowing.

You probably asking what does this mean, well it means that no new fans are attending our code. We have stagnated and it looks like going backwards because someone just gave me crowds figures lower than last year, and last year we went backwards as well.
The ex-league players dont even have a clue and will never understand that they are killing our code. even sterlo.
The whole lot backflipped on the bring back the biff issue, and last year were leading the charge when Gallen went apeshit. Remember every single one of these old league dinosaurs saying what a great hit shoulder charges were when players were having the heads snapped back and being knocked rotten.
Now the lot have done a back-flip. Maybe because they are worried more about their pay-packets or being sued than player safety.
They fool nobody with any common sense, and mums and even dads are seeing right through them.
And that is where rugby league is falling down.

Something stinks. Said one nut to the other.

Liar. You were on The Roar for years.

Oh and hardly any of your comments have ever made sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts