What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alex McKinnon possibly Quadriplegic - Mclean guilty of dangerous throw - 7 weeks

How many weeks?

• 1-2

Votes: 53 42.7%
  • 3-4

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • 5-6

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • 7-8

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • 9+

Votes: 26 21.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Please explain to me how a precedent being set at the judiciary isn't relevant?

You know what precedents are and how they work in determining future rulings, yes?

What you are suggesting is that because an injustice was done to a player in the past, it should be done to all in the future, yes?

Consistency for consistency's sake as someone else put it?

Pugzley

Some posters here need to be strapped to a wheelchair to see how is it like to become a paraplegic.

Paullyboy

Coach
Knights fans are so pathetic. This thread has demonstrated that perfectly. You see that type of tackle 50 times a game, it was just horrible, horrible luck.

What has happened to McKinnon is horrible, if it's any consolation my brother had a very similar injury when a scrum collapsed and he was fine in the long run (though he never played again).

Although it's pretty clear that the Knights fans in here don't care about that, it's all about blaming someone. Typical of a society that supports crap like A Current Affair.

perverse

Referee
What you are suggesting is that because an injustice was done to a player in the past, it should be done to all in the future, yes?

Consistency for consistency's sake as someone else put it?
I'm suggesting that if the judiciary wants to punish based on injury to the player - which they ahve stated that they have - then there should be a lengthy suspension here.

That's all I'm saying. The judiciary has stated - in plain english - that they are now taking severity of injury into account when adjudicating such matters. I expect it to be applied here. Nothing more than that.

Noname36

First Grade
seems to me that the main concern for many knights fans isnt for mckinnon, but instead for snowdens suspension

but but but snowden got 7 weeks....

fmd

Where the hell do you think this anger has sprung from? We're devastated if you hadn't been able to work that out and don't like dickheads sitting there and trying to blame this on him saying he was trying to milk a penalty or implying he's a moron or whatever. Disgusting.

northwest9

Juniors
Where the hell do you think this anger has sprung from? We're devastated if you hadn't been able to work that out and don't like dickheads sitting there and trying to blame this on him saying he was trying to milk a penalty or implying he's a moron or whatever. Disgusting.

unfortunate accident, could have easily happened to any of the players that Beau Scott lifted and drove in the same game. could have happened to any player in plenty of games lately.

snowdens suspension is irrelevant, the future of Alex McKinnon neck is all that is relevant.

that is the crux of it, some are too busy bemoaning snowdens suspension to see that

Apey

Staff member
But surely the extent of an injury shouldn't have any bearing on any suspension.

Well...

The tackle was an accident, and there are plenty of tackles like that in the game. Only difference here was Alex tucked his head. If he hadn't, the tackle would have been declared legal, and play on called.

u wot m8? It was illegal. It went above the horizontal.

Whilst this may not be a very popular opinion, I can only surmise that it was an attempt to milk a penalty gone wrong.

I agree m8, McKinnon risked being paralysed for the rest of his life to try and get a penalty in a football game.

Were you born dumb or did you make a consistent effort over time?

Although it's pretty clear that the Knights fans in here don't care about that, it's all about blaming someone. Typical of a society that supports crap like A Current Affair.

what the f**k :lol:

These types of incidents always draw out the absolute spastics.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Knights fans are so pathetic. This thread has demonstrated that perfectly. You see that type of tackle 50 times a game, it was just horrible, horrible luck.

What has happened to McKinnon is horrible, if it's any consolation my brother had a very similar injury when a scrum collapsed and he was fine in the long run (though he never played again).

:clap::clap:

jamesgould

Juniors
I don't particularly disagree with the severity of the injury playing a part in the suspension.

If someone shoots a gun at someone, he's going to get less time in jail if he misses, than if he hits the person and kills them.

The player who lifted McKinnon's legs took the chance of something very bad happening when he did that, he only has himself to blame if he spends an extended time on the sideline.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Some absolute classless germs in here. To those that actually think he rolled his head forward to milk a penalty, give yourself an uppercut.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Slightly off topic.....

My main issue with this incident is that the Melbourne player wasn't sent off.

We can argue about the suspension all we want, but I believe if an act of foul play results in a player not returning, they should be sent. 1 penalty can't compensate for playing with 16 players.

perverse

Referee
Knights fans still raging about SBW :lol: didn't Limp Willie say that SBW didn't cause his facial injury?
If you believe that then I've got a bridge to sell you. He was sticking up for his mate Sonny.

But I can't talk about that right now, I need to show adequate concern for Alex and his injuries in every post I make in this thread, lest I be accused of caring more about other topics than his welfare at the moment.

Noname36

First Grade
unfortunate accident, could have easily happened to any of the players that Beau Scott lifted and drove in the same game. could have happened to any player in plenty of games lately.

snowdens suspension is irrelevant, the future of Alex McKinnon neck is all that is relevant.

that is the crux of it, some are too busy bemoaning snowdens suspension to see that

How is any of that worse than dickheads sitting here only caring about pointing the finger at McKinnon and saying it's all his fault? Or the genius in the game day thread last night that said they hoped he was happy breaking his neck for trying to milk a penalty?

We're f**king pissed off and if the NRL try and downplay what's happened to the kid after they made a clear stance with Snowden (re injuries influencing suspensions) then I just give up.

northwest9

Juniors
How is any of that worse than dickheads sitting here only caring about pointing the finger at McKinnon and saying it's all his fault? Or the genius in the game day thread last night that said they hoped he was happy breaking his neck for trying to milk a penalty?

We're f**king pissed off and if the NRL try and downplay what's happened to the kid after they made a clear stance with Snowden (re injuries influencing suspensions) then I just give up.

im not defending those suggesting he did it to himself

so the nrl got something wrong with snowden, best we keep making the same mistake going forward so as to not upset the knights? :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts