What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An open Fan Forum between our CEO and Board

Hellsy

Immortal
I prob have it somewhere but I'd have to search..... if you have it handy MITS I'm fine with you passing it on.
Jess put alot of work into it as well, along with Rowds and they are only the people that actually helpes with the compiling... the actual ideas came from people here on LU that extend well beyond Jess, Rowds, Mits and myself.

I have posted what I will, but the report will not be posted online at this time, I don't think that it needs to see the light of day, or should I say the light of the Newspapers, just now.

bartman

Immortal
The way I read that comment, because someone had asked if there was a link MITS was simply offering his explanation why there wasn't/shouldn't be. :?

Thanks Bart, I thought it was self explanatory and didn't really need a narky response, but hey I guess I was wrong.

I have also spoken to Tony about the report. When you consider that the Data from the report is 4 years old and the report itself almost 2 and a half years old, I think a fair amount of it is not as relevant as it once was. Haynzy's tip is appreciated by us both, I have spoken to Tony on a few occasions during the year, to highlight what we have done in the past to get to the goals I think a large number of eels fans hold, but to quote the song, we "still haven't found, what I'm looking for".

^b0ss^

Juniors
MiTS
just a question for you m8. you had alot to say when the board was up for election.
do you think things are running better now. or under the old team.

MiTS
just a question for you m8. you had alot to say when the board was up for election.
do you think things are running better now. or under the old team.

Hummm.

Well in the list I posted there was a great deal of stuff we got at the end of 2008 and the start of 2009 when the previous board were in power, then that continued with the current board, but this year a number of things have dropped off.

I have said to a few people I raised this concern at the Start of the year, there were a large number of staffing changes at the Football office, one of the was membership. We had two relatively experienced people at membership, and by February 2010 they were both gone and we had a new person in the roll, who I think is struggling to get up to speed. The same as the old Ticket and Membership Manager was when she took over.

For the rest of it, we have to be running better, Fitzy was at great pains to never fire someone, he would promote instead of fire, so a great deal of "Fat" was cut and that has to mean we are doing better financially. We made a $1 million profit last Financial year, and both the previous board and the current board acknowledge that this profit was due to the previous boards sale of 2 properties. As I have said this years financial report will be interesting.

Having said that, on a football side, I think we have made a few errors. The removal of Andrew Hill, Jessica Rokobaro and Ross Smart has left a large gap in the "Professionalism" in membership events and communication. I am sure the new Corporate sales manager Mark, and Membership manager Jacquelyn will get up to speed and work with Peta a little better as well but we have dropped the ball on a few occasions this year.

All in all it is not boards that offer the events, it is the people they employee from the CEO to the Membership manager to the volunteers, most would agree that apart from a few we have an entirely new front office that is still getting up to speed with being the administrators of not just an NRL football club, but one of the most popular and well know NRL clubs in the world.

^b0ss^

Juniors
so the main thing on your thinking is the inexperience of some the staff at this stage.

other then that much then same until we see the books next time round.

CrazyEel

Bench
Hummm.

Well in the list I posted there was a great deal of stuff we got at the end of 2008 and the start of 2009 when the previous board were in power, then that continued with the current board, but this year a number of things have dropped off.

I have said to a few people I raised this concern at the Start of the year, there were a large number of staffing changes at the Football office, one of the was membership. We had two relatively experienced people at membership, and by February 2010 they were both gone and we had a new person in the roll, who I think is struggling to get up to speed. The same as the old Ticket and Membership Manager was when she took over.

For the rest of it, we have to be running better, Fitzy was at great pains to never fire someone, he would promote instead of fire, so a great deal of "Fat" was cut and that has to mean we are doing better financially. We made a $1 million profit last Financial year, and both the previous board and the current board acknowledge that this profit was due to the previous boards sale of 2 properties. As I have said this years financial report will be interesting.

Having said that, on a football side, I think we have made a few errors. The removal of Andrew Hill, Jessica Rokobaro and Ross Smart has left a large gap in the "Professionalism" in membership events and communication. I am sure the new Corporate sales manager Mark, and Membership manager Jacquelyn will get up to speed and work with Peta a little better as well but we have dropped the ball on a few occasions this year.

All in all it is not boards that offer the events, it is the people they employee from the CEO to the Membership manager to the volunteers, most would agree that apart from a few we have an entirely new front office that is still getting up to speed with being the administrators of not just an NRL football club, but one of the most popular and well know NRL clubs in the world.
Appreciate that analysis MITS, I find such objective insights very helpfull for out of towners like myself to get a bit more handle on what is going on down there.

Thanks.

Tony Bongo

Bench
Last night MITS, PESC, a moderator from another supporters forum and myself presented Paul Osborne, Roy Spagnolo and Joseph Saad with the Supporters thoughts and ideas threads. I have been assured that in the New Year we will be having an open Fan Forum and they will be setting a date when the Board next meets. Thanks to all those who contributed or took an interest in this process.

Attachments

• 14.9.10 119.jpg
    14.9.10 119.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

bartman

Immortal
Good on you Tony, and the others involved :thumn. I guess getting this to happen once in a two year stretch is better than nothing happening.

Pity it had to be achieved through the hard work and effort of fans, rather than through the effort and willingness of those elected, who had promised regular events of this nature and didn't deliver.

Gronk

Staff member
Good on you Tony, and the others involved :thumn. I guess getting this to happen once in a two year stretch is better than nothing happening.

Pity it had to be achieved through the hard work and effort of fans, rather than through the effort and willingness of those elected, who had promised regular events of this nature and didn't deliver.

Geeze Bart, you're always putting the slipper in. ;-)

You won't be surprised by this which encapsulates our club's current position.

http://www.sportbets.com.au/rugbyleague-betting/2011-NRL-Futures/2010-2011-NRL-Premiership/1739400

Attachments

• 2011 futures.jpg
    2011 futures.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 24

bartman

Immortal
:lol: Just getting in before Suity gives them excuses ;-)

16-1 is our best pre-season odds for several years... but probably still not worth taking until it's 20s.

Yeah 20s is normally a good set of odds.

Hey next year is not to bad, but we need a half, someone to orginise. We have needed that for half of the year.

Suitman

Post Whore
Just getting in before Suity gives them excuses

What excuses? :?
This should have happened a long time ago and been organised by the club, as they promised.

Well done Tony. Have a safe flight back this afternoon. Sorry I couldn't make it.

Suity

Tony Bongo

Bench
What excuses? :?
This should have happened a long time ago and been organised by the club, as they promised.

Well done Tony. Have a safe flight back this afternoon. Sorry I couldn't make it.

Suity

Thanks mate. Looking forward to getting home to my beautiful wife and 3 girls.I truely believe that this is not in vain. Neither are the efforts of those that have tried before.