What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

And they call Storm fans Arrogant!!

Jobdog

Live Update Team
So far I have heard five different stories of blatant bad sportsmanship and just outright loutishness from Manly fans after the game, and my case, even before the game when I had my ribbons ripped off my car and the windshield spat on.

Dani from this very forum was punched in the arm.
I had friends who travelled from Vic only to be spat at and told to "f**k off back over the border you Mexican merkins"
Another guy who was pushed and shoved in a Sydney pub before the game.
A friend of mine had a Manly supporter up in her face yelling profanities.
A guy I work with told me the story of a friend of his that was grabbed around the head in a "joking" manner by a Manly fan and told "That's not a grapple, THIS is a grapple".

Dead set, I am ashamed to be a Sydneysider. The gormless twats just ate up all the media bullsh*t and created this air of hysteria!

As for 'bandwagon' jumping, yeah the stadium was full of Manly fans, but where were they throughout the year?
That's not arrogance, that's just Manly fans being f**kwits ;-)

Happens every year after every grand final. Sadly the media create this sort of hysteria and then denounce it when things go wrong. Those fans are clearly thugs and sadly they are at every club as has already been stated. Arrogance is a by product of success. It will pass in 2009 cos it all starts again. Manly will be tough to shake but I see the Dragons, Roosters, Warriors and the Knights challenging them big time. Melbourne will be lucky to make the 8. They have lost so many world class players the last two years it is ridiculous. Crocker and Folau are going to take a while to replace. Crocker is the Stone Cold Steve Austin of Rugby league. I think Cam Smith will be gone too. Sorry to put a dampener on it but the party may be over. For now! You will be back. Don't despair.

Last edited:

Eagle_Rocker

Juniors
especially yours.

And Newcastle fans are so much better :lol: Your best player Andrew Johns had to get out of the area when he retired because he couldn't deal with it any more. Your obviously deluded if you think Newcastle don't have their share of drunk morons.

MsStorm

Bench
Personally, I don't think Storm supporters are arrogant - but I do think some of the staff and players can be.

I think our players are really down to earth and well presented doing media work - I am pretty sure they get some training in this area/
I know for sure that all afl players get media training so can present well to mums and kids:D

Do u want to name names:lol:

davohan123

Juniors
;-):lol:

Hey stormchaser last year i am manly supporter though i was given so much sh*t, there were melbourne fans swearing starting fights i have never hated being at a game so much so dont sayb we are the piss / worst of supporters

you just cant handle it

sorry what was the score

40-zero nil nothing

Post like your's just make the win even sweeter

Last edited:

Joker's Wild

Coach
I think our players are really down to earth and well presented doing media work - I am pretty sure they get some training in this area/
I know for sure that all afl players get media training so can present well to mums and kids:D

Do u want to name names:lol:

Cam Smith is one of the most arrogant players of the NRL. His comments made after their loss to the Warriors in week 1 of the finals are a prime example of his attitude towards other players and teams.

Slaters actions during and after the Dragons game were equally appauling.

AILD

Bench
calling cam arrogant because of a few comments....but which ones in particular do you mean?

also he is far from arrogant...he is a top bloke...always up for a chat with fans and very very nice.

StormChaser

First Grade
Hey stormchaser last year i am manly supporter though i was given so much sh*t, there were melbourne fans swearing starting fights i have never hated being at a game so much so dont so we are the piss / worst of supporters

Again in English please!:sarcasm:

circling eagle

Juniors
As has been said every team has their fair share of knob supporters, like the melbourne fan who jumped the fence and tackled the Manly mascot from behind, just a stupid move and too much drink. I think things will get worse between the 2 lots of supporters now we have this recent history between us. This could be the next big rivalry in the NRL.

Bulldog Force

Referee
;-):lol:

Hey stormchaser last year i am manly supporter though i was given so much sh*t, there were melbourne fans swearing starting fights i have never hated being at a game so much so dont sayb we are the piss / worst of supporters

you just cant handle it

sorry what was the score

40-zero nil nothing

Post like your's just make the win even sweeter
Storm Chaser isn't the type to put sh*t on fans of losing teams so get off her case.

AILD

Bench
yeah but i am...hahaha

everyone puts sh*t on opposite supporters...thats footy! take the good with the bad. davohan...live it up mate....next year will be a totally different story.

MsStorm

Bench
Cam Smith is one of the most arrogant players of the NRL. His comments made after their loss to the Warriors in week 1 of the finals are a prime example of his attitude towards other players and teams.

Slaters actions during and after the Dragons game were equally appauling.

Please refresh my memory:) on both accounts

Latest posts