What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anderson made me play with injury: Tahu

Parra Guru

Coach
Didn't Anderson also give him 2 weeks off last time he needed to cry in his pillow for a while?

I wish Timana would do us all a favour and f**k off and stop wasting our cap space, but he won't because he likes money too much.... That's why he waited until after the rep payments were made before walking out on NSW.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I like Sterlo he's a legend but what's he done for our club lately.
Unless he's prepared to coach the team then he's opinion is as good as Ray price and any other former player.

One big difference here.

Sterlo is paid to comment.
Tahu is paid to play footy.

Stagger eel

Staff member
nice to see we're prepared to hammer one of our own when a bloke like Hadley is allowed to give misleading information and slaner the club at every opportunity..

nice going.

strider

Post Whore
nice to see we're prepared to hammer one of our own when a bloke like Hadley is allowed to give misleading information and slaner the club at every opportunity..

nice going.
how are the hadley and tahu things linked? i'm confused :?

plus i'm pretty sure hadley got nailed to the wall on here too

spiderdan

Bench
Didn't Anderson also give him 2 weeks off last time he needed to cry in his pillow for a while?

I wish Timana would do us all a favour and f**k off and stop wasting our cap space, but he won't because he likes money too much.... That's why he waited until after the rep payments were made before walking out on NSW.
yup. agree 100%.

granted the media sniffed around and found this after it emerged that tahu was not contracted next year. if he didn't support da that's his right but tahu has a habbit of being full of sh*t and inconsistent in his statements. if his ankle was dodgey he should have spoken up about it when he was somehow selected for origin.

in the article on the telegraph (http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ars-for-anderson/story-e6frexnr-1225932005199) he made a comment:
"It's a tough business and if I was playing poorly, I'd probably see my way out of there."
i am not sure what he thought of his form through the year but i reckon he dished up at least 80% rubbish. he seemed happy when da encouraged him to run the ball more.

add his comments about not going to rugby, then going. not returning to league, then returning. plus various other tidbits and he comes across as a complete whinger and bullsh*t artist.

if he signs it should be for minimum salary plus match payments. if kearney drops him for crap performances we might actually see him play the way he did a few years ago for us.

yy_cheng

Coach
I seem to recall when Ando was brought in as coach there was almost unanimous support that we needed a coach who'd be tough on the players and tell them to harden the f**k up

seems that approach hasn't gone down too well .... and now its a reason to give Ando the yo-heave-ho

I dunno - I'm not there - but it seems to me our players have had serious attitude issues over the years which have made us a jeckle and hyde team on the field .... who knows what the answer is? ... hagan too soft, we go off the rails - ando, too harsh, we go off the rails ...... maybe some of our soft little bunnies need to hard the f**k up a bit???

It's probably why Ando was getting rid of the players who wouldn't listen to him. If he had a team full of Hindy's, Caylo's, Mannah's, Mortz, Burtz i.e. old style players, DA would probably get the best out of the team and working as a unit.

If he gets a bunch of Mateo's, Inu's then he would fail miserably.

What he had in 2010, was a mixed bunch and so troubles with some but not all. It could divide the team as well.

However, as 2009 showed, if he gets them winning, then alot of that crap is buried.

If we aren't winning, it's how does he get those to listen to him and understand what he wants? I reckon Mateo listened to him because he stopped all passes for a long while. He wasn't happy so I figure that he was just doing it for the sake of it but he wasn't enjoying it.

This is where I felt that DA has failed. How do you get through to all the different personalities - GenY, GenX, etc when they don't respond to your old school style.

fish eel

Immortal
I don't get the Tahu hate? Yeah, he had a frustrating year but he'll be better next year. Too much talent not to be.

Generally though, players should stfu and do their job - play for and support whomever the board appoint as coach.

That being said, I'd be interested in what Bartman thinks of Tahu's comments

Gronk

Staff member
I'm pretty sure compared to T, Hadley got off lightly..

Has Hadley been discredited as yet ? I'm pretty sure he said that the Board planned to tell Ando he should resign or an allegation would be made against him. An allegation that had no merit.

Then the Board released a carefully worded statement on behalf of Mateo stating that he knew nothing about it (which is in line with what Hadley said that it had no merit). I don't recall the board denying that that Hadley's claim was incorrect ? Were there discussions at Board level to attempt to remove the coach without paying him out ?

No defending Raaay but TBH I think that the Board left so many questions unanswered with the way that Ando's termination of contract has been handled.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Fishy said:
Bartman thinks of Tahu's comments
Save you some time.
Tahu is over rated.
Bartman is morally superior to Tahu (and the world).
Tahu is over rated.
Tahu shyte stinks, Bartman's does not - just ask him.
Tahu is over rated.

hybrideel

Bench
i'm pretty sure that a coach would not be able to overrule medical staff regarding a players injury

born an eel

Bench
yeah, works for the cowboys with the players running the team, what a great model to follow.

Ozzie needs to man up and admit he is running recruitment, not the coach. As if the coaching review was unbiased.

IFR33K

Coach

nice going.

The difference is the the club put ITSELF in a position to be battered from pillar to post by the media.

Tahu chose to make the remarks, they WERE unwarrented.

Stagger there is no doubt you know your sh*t, but you are sometimes way off the mark.