What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Johns retirement!!!

Kornstar

Coach
Love him or hate him, it will be a sad day for League if he does retire, still a good player and i would have liked to have seen what he would dish up this season, especially if he had returned to Origin

Stagger eel

Staff member
Kornstar said:
Love him or hate him, it will be a sad day for League if he does retire, still a good player and i would have liked to have seen what he would dish up this season, especially if he had returned to Origin

here here..

Hindyscrack

Bench
Kornstar said:

Damn right, i was salivating at the thought that he may play origin again!

Gronk

Staff member
So he had a press conference earlier in the day to let everyone know that he'll be having one at 4.00 ? Maybe the one at 4.00 will let everyone know that he'll be having another tonight after tea ? ;-)

The Colonel

Immortal
Kornstar said:

As a member of the latter rather than the former, I think his best days are well behind him and am happy not to see him turn out in Origin. He had his fairytale and he risked tarnishing the inmage he left.

Bloody big hole in the Newcastle salary cap that will have to be filled........ :shock:

Suitman

Post Whore
I feel the same.

It is always sad to see a great leave the game, regardless of who they play for.
He'll be missed.

On another note - Smithy is now once again without a decent half back.
He should be used to it by now tbh.

Suity

Kornstar

Coach
Hindyscrack said:
Damn right, i was salivating at the thought that he may play origin again!

I really think they could have won the comp last year had they not had so many injuries in the forwards at the end, Johns was in great form and they just didn't have the size to compete.....

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
The Colonel said:
As a member of the latter rather than the former, I think his best days are well behind him and am happy not to see him turn out in Origin. He had his fairytale and he risked tarnishing the inmage he left.

Bloody big hole in the Newcastle salary cap that will have to be filled........ :shock:

And who is their coach:shock:

TheParraboy

Staff member
suitman said:
On another note - Smithy is now once again without a decent half back.
He should be used to it by now tbh.

I wonder if Knights will try and get a halfback mid year now

Any halfback unsigned for next year that possibly may ask for a release? :oops: :crazy: :sarcasm:

forward pass

Coach
I really lost a heap of respect for him after the snubbing last year of our presentation to him.

But he is a legend of the game and I enjoy watching him play. Be sad to see.

Can't imagine he is calling a press conference to say he is okay to play !!

Stagger eel

Staff member
TheParraboy said:
I wonder if Knights will try and get a halfback mid year now

Any halfback unsigned for next year that possibly may ask for a release? :oops: :crazy: :sarcasm:

Brent Sherwin?? out of favour at the Dogs and Smithy try to get him over here a few years back.