What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Walker

gunnamatta bay

Referee
It's also documented in the same report that he took the drug a few days before the game... and that's very unlikely he was under the influence while playing.

Where did I say he was under the influence? He might have taken it a month before the match. I don't know. The fact is he was tested straight after the game and that test found traces of cocaine in his system.

Anonymous

Juniors
Gunna Matter said:
It's also documented in the same report that he took the drug a few days before the game... and that's very unlikely he was under the influence while playing.

Where did I say he was under the influence? He might have taken it a month before the match. I don't know. The fact is he was tested straight after the game and that test found traces of cocaine in his system.

lol. From one extreme to the other. I don't think a month before is likely either.

Gunna Matter said:
He played with the stuff in his system. He was tested after a game. So it's an ON FIELD matter. I would think Hasler will drag out the tape of the game and have a good look at his performance.

lol. Now, tell me again you weren't suggesting he was off his face while ON the FIELD.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Willow said:
Gunna Matter said:

lol. From one extreme to the other. I don't think a month before is likely either.

Gunna Matter said:
He played with the stuff in his system. He was tested after a game. So it's an ON FIELD matter. I would think Hasler will drag out the tape of the game and have a good look at his performance.

lol. Now, tell me again you weren't suggesting he was off his face while ON the FIELD.

Okay I'll tell you again. I have never said he was under the influence. Being under the influence suggests a lack of control. What I am saying is he had to have the stuff in his system at the time of his test which was straight after the game against souths.

You don't seem to be able to affect that fact. Otherwise it would not be detected would it? You obviously have no grasp for the difference between having traces of a banned substance and being stoned. I suspect a hidden agenda. LOL to you.

Anonymous

Juniors
Then why did you say: "... it's an ON FIELD matter. I would think Hasler will drag out the tape of the game and have a good look at his performance."
:?:

You know, there's nothing wrong with admitting you just had the wrong end of the stick.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Willow said:
Then why did you say: "... it's an ON FIELD matter. I would think Hasler will drag out the tape of the game and have a good look at his performance."
:?:

You know, there's nothing wrong with admitting you just had the wrong end of the stick.

OMG. 1. He played an NRL game. 2. He was drug tested after the game. 3. The test was positive for cocaine. 4. He admits his offence. 5. He retires from the game. 6. He is on record as saying there is no need for test B as he has admitted his guilt.

Therefore the drug traces had to be in his system when he played. Can't you see that?

Don't you think Hasler would be interested in his performances in light of these revelations?

bartman

Immortal
Gunna Matter said:
Therefore the drug traces had to be in his system when he played. Can't you see that?

Don't you think Hasler would be interested in his performances in light of these revelations?

It is neither a performance enhancing or performance inhibiting drug. Hasler and anyone else would be wasting their time looking for anything in past match videos. Traces still in your system are different to lasting effects on performance.

Why would Hasler care anymore? Walker will be banned for two years under admission of guilt, and has signalled his retirement anyway. Hasler's time would be better spent now watching videos of potential five-eighths he might use in 05...

gunnamatta bay

Referee
bartman said:
Gunna Matter said:

It is neither a performance enhancing or performance inhibiting drug. ...

Sorry but coke use can be very detrimental to perfomance.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Sharkie1973 said:
who to play at 5/8th?

**ENTERS JYE MULLANE!**

Thats not nice thing to say at a time like this have some compassion for the Manly people Raider 69....................................BUT YOUR RIGHT BAHAHAHAHAHAHA
JYE MULLANE :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Another fine player that has emerged from your club.

bartman

Immortal
Gunna Matter said:
Sorry but coke use can be very detrimental to perfomance.
Sorry, but in what way? Remember we're talking about a singular instance of use here (not addiction or daily over a period of time), and we're talking about three days prior to a match. Please explain...

gunnamatta bay

Referee
It is neither a performance enhancing or performance inhibiting drug

A general statement by you with no reference to Walker? I was simply replying to your statement. Coke can inhibit performance.

You can't seem to grasp the fact that Walker was found to have had cocaine in his system from a test taken straight after the souths game. I don't care if he took it three days before hand and it didn't affect his performance. He still had it in his system.

Is this true or not. Yes or no?

Anonymous

Juniors
Look out bartman, looks like you're another one who can't grasp the bleeding obvious.

Well done Gunny, you've now got it down to a possible 3 days before the event. Welcome to the world of realistic supposition.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Willow said:
Look out bartman, looks like you're another one who can't grasp the bleeding obvious.

Well done Gunny, you've now got it down to a possible 3 days before the event. Welcome to the world of realistic supposition.

Yes Minister.

I will leave it to the masses to decide on election day.

bartman

Immortal
Gunna Matter said:
You can't seem to grasp the fact that Walker was found to have had cocaine in his system from a test taken straight after the souths game. I don't care if he took it three days before hand and it didn't affect his performance. He still had it in his system.

Is this true or not. Yes or no?

I can grasp this fact. Yes, it is true there were traces showing cocaine use in his system. Have never disputed this or claimed otherwise? We agree on that.

Gunna Matter said:
Bartman said:
It is neither a performance enhancing or performance inhibiting drug

A general statement by you with no reference to Walker? I was simply replying to your statement. Coke can inhibit performance.
Yes, it was a general statement about cocaine use - in response to your assertion that Hasler would/should be intersested in Walkers past performances in light of these relevations.

I am still waiting for you to outline exactly how you believe cocaine use can effect performance (other than by having traces show up in a test after a game)? Your response can be either specific in relation to Walker's R24 game or general, whichever you like.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
So you believe if you take a dose of coke, snort it or shoot it, whatever way turns you on, it won't affect your performance, no matter what you are doing? Forget football for a moment. You are saying being under the influence of coke does not have an affect on the way you perform? Yes or no?

You and the Prime Minister are spinning out of control.