What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Walker

t-ba

Post Whore
imasharkie said:
Bullsh*t Disco.
Walker was your best.

When you've actually watched the matches, you can form an opinion.

Key instruments in manly's victories

rd1-Jye Mullane
rd9-Andrew Walker
rd10-Michael Monaghan
rd13-Forward Pack
rd18-Tigers ineptitude
rd21-Michael Monaghan
rd23-Micheal Monaghan
rd24-Michael Monaghan
rd26-Michael Monaghan

The Whippet

Juniors
Sean Rudder. Former Knights five eighth played with Castleford in 2004 but has been released. Signed with Singleton in CRL but he's got a few rep honours to his name, still pretty young and even though his signed Manly could surely tempt him.

What do you think? Will Manly want him?

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Williamson is the answer...

I had a feeling he'd be playing starting 5/8th most of next year anyway...This is just the RL gods way of confirming it.

IanG

Coach
So it seems he has a problem with coke as well as the booze. After all it was the grog that forced him out of the rah rahs

mightybears

Bench
scott wilson got thrown to the wolves, when he was the only 1 of 10 souths players named in the media as testing postive to drugs, it shouldn't happened that way

while walker has had lots of chances, the media will destroy him, if the league, manly whoever don't support him now

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Mighty Tiger said:
Gunna Matter said:
He played with the stuff in his system. He was tested after a game. So it's an ON FIELD matter. I would think Hasler will drag out the tape of the game and have a good look at his performance.

Where does it say he played with it in his system ????

He was tested after a game. Do you think he had a snort somewhere between the final bell and entering the dressing shed?

Anonymous

Juniors
Gunna Matter said:
Mighty Tiger said:
Gunna Matter said:
He played with the stuff in his system. He was tested after a game. So it's an ON FIELD matter. I would think Hasler will drag out the tape of the game and have a good look at his performance.

Where does it say he played with it in his system ????

He was tested after a game. Do you think he had a snort somewhere between the final bell and entering the dressing shed?

That's just speculation. The reports says the test was taken 'post-game'. There are no specifics as to how soon after.

Cocaine is a recreational drug and it takes about two or three days to clear the system.

For all we know, he took it a few nights before.

mjdj

Juniors
He was off his face when we smashed the bunnies - christ thats funny.

we need something to laugh at :lol:

Igor

Juniors
Special K said:
Manly whats doing. No one wants to go there and the players there are messed up in the head - hoppa and now walker.

Shame Walker was a decent player before going to union

Manly "whats doing"? I assume that Fattyism is intentional. As for no one wanting to go there, Ben Kennedy and Brent Kite are not exactly "no ones".

As for Manly & the spoon in 2004.... dream on :lol:
And Walker our best in '04, I gotta agree wit Ta ba ... he certainly wasnt our worst but definately not our best.

mullup

Juniors
It's a terrible waste... Does the punishment always fit the crime?

Imagine if every Hollywood Star was banned for two years, and or rubbed out of the business for any (so called) recreational drug. They're role models of "sorts" too right? :|

Guys, just a reminder that unless we know that some thing is fact, ie you can supply a link to the information your providing, then it's best left unsaid or we will have to edit the comment.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
IanG said:
So it seems he has a problem with coke as well as the booze. After all it was the grog that forced him out of the rah rahs
I never heard anything about that. Have you got a link to back it up?
Cheers.

bartman

Immortal
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/09/24/1095961861159.html

I just want to say good on the bloke for actually putting his hand up and admitting it - instead of coming up with lame excuses like some other players who have previously tested positive.

It was just before Round 24, there's been no cover-up or lies, and the guy will now cop the two year ban/retire anyway. Leaves Manly in a small hole, but that's the risk they took when signing him...

bartman

Immortal
And just some comments around drug use (from a psychology graduate and community worker):

The Herald article (link above) indicates Walker took cocaine with his friends on the Thursday/Friday before the Round 24 game v Bunnies. It may have still registered in his system during a post-game test, but the "qualities" that attract people to taking cocaine wear off quite quickly - one-four hours after taking it. So he wouldn't have been "off his face" during the game or anything.

Also, the fact he has been caught taking cocaine on one occasion during the season does not mean he is an addict to this stuff, or that he has to "kick it". If anything, from the SMH article it seems like Walker's trouble is more with "saying no" to anything presented/suggested to him by his own (non-footy) friends. Those environmental factors and reactions to me would seem to be more of an issue in this case than an addictive personality.

Cocaine is not physiologically addictive, though if you use regularly your tolerance level will increase and you will need to take more each time to achieve the same buzz. It has quite low negative side effects relative to other illegal drugs, and believe me lots of 30 year olds with well-paying jobs and families and kids take the stuff occasionally with no life consequences.

I'm not trying to promote drug use or excuse Walker. league has rules, he knowing broke a rule, end of story. But I just don't like seeing hysterical reactions like labelling him as an "addict" and looking for him under the influence in the video of the game three days later, when it's just not true for one instance of taking a relatively soft (but illegal) drug.

Commedian Robin Williams probably sums it up best when he says: "Cocaine is god's way of telling you that you're earning too much money." Hello full-time professional football...

Anonymous

Juniors
Gunna Matter said:
Its all well documented in todays SMH.
It's also documented in the same report that he took the drug a few days before the game... and that's very unlikely he was under the influence while playing.

bartman said:
And just some comments around drug use (from a psychology graduate and community worker):

The Herald article (link above) indicates Walker took cocaine with his friends on the Thursday/Friday before the Round 24 game v Bunnies. It may have still registered in his system during a post-game test, but the "qualities" that attract people to taking cocaine wear off quite quickly - one-four hours after taking it. So he wouldn't have been "off his face" during the game or anything.
Thanks for that bartman. So the effects do wear off over a night but it commonly stays in the system for 2-3 days.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
So the N stands for nark or is that nark avoiders.
Regular folks are dealt with by the police.
Narks Rugby League players are immune to the law but lose employment.
I love a great system, controversy 1765 bought to you by over zealous employment practices.

Sharkie73

Bench
who to play at 5/8th?

**ENTERS JYE MULLANE!**

Thats not nice thing to say at a time like this have some compassion for the Manly people Raider 69....................................BUT YOUR RIGHT BAHAHAHAHAHAHA
JYE MULLANE :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: