What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another AFL wanker bagging out the great game

manoj p

Juniors
All attention/explanation down south is being directed to Nic R and his involvement/explanation, and how can we help this troubled girl. Nothing being said/explained about the other players at all, no in-person media conferences. Only by the one player that seemingly has a plausible explanation.

Ignoring the homoerotic elephant in the locker room
http://www.thepunch.com.au/articles/ignoring-the-homoerotic-elephant-in-the-locker-room/

That article refers to sexual assault allegations in rugby league this year.

Must have missed those.

Or am I right in thinking they don't exist? Please don't refer to the Stewart allegations - obviously since slam dunked in Court - from 2009.

So the copper investigating the case ends up shagging the 16 year old as well.

You can't make this stuff up.

Underbelly: AFL's Broom Closet

RL1908

Bench
That article refers to sexual assault allegations in rugby league this year.

Must have missed those.

Or am I right in thinking they don't exist? Please don't refer to the Stewart allegations - obviously since slam dunked in Court - from 2009.

No - I can't recall any either.

manoj p

Juniors
This is certainly how it works...

Even when they appear to attack AFL on the surface, these articles are invariably full of similar rubbish about rugby league slipped in (as in this case, made up).

Shame it remains so transparent.

Only the likes of the Wilson twins - Caroline and her dumber sister (!) Rebecca* - think it is deceptive and cunning. Cheap and tawdry is closer to the mark.

* separated at birth

Perth Red

Post Whore
Mr Demetriou told Fairfax Radio he believed the incident was not a poor reflection on Riewoldt.

"I have great faith in Nick Riewoldt as an individual. I have great faith in him as a footballer.

Sleeping wiht a 16 year old you are supposed to be introducing to the game is A OK according to the AFL CEO!

The Tank

Bench
Mr Demetriou told Fairfax Radio he believed the incident was not a poor reflection on Riewoldt.

"I have great faith in Nick Riewoldt as an individual. I have great faith in him as a footballer.

Sleeping wiht a 16 year old you are supposed to be introducing to the game is A OK according to the AFL CEO!

Was it him though? (Genuine question BTW)

Green Machine

First Grade
There is nothing more certain that AFL is the grubbiest sporting organisation in this country and their fans are the most insular and biggest hypocrites of all sports fans. If a Rugby League player transgresses off field, the focus from commentators and journalists from outside RL is to highlight the incident as code problem and not a sport in general problem. The AFL cheerleaders in the media particular like to put the knife into Rugby League even though most of these dribblers wouldn’t know the difference between Rugby League and Union. Not that the friends of Rugby Union have not had a red hot go over the years putting the boot into Rugby League in the same vain.
Watch when the AFL has an off field incident. The focus starts with the individual and not the sport as a whole. The article will deflect attention away from being an AFL problem and will mention NRL incidents to share the blame around. For their worst incidents, suddenly they want to say it’s a problem across all football codes. No to mention all the AFL cheerleaders who want to blame the person who comes into contact with their AFL gods.
I lived in London in the mid 90’s. Soccer’s popularity in London reminds me of AFL’s popularity in Melbourne, but not as insular. At this time the papers (particular the tabloids) started to ramp up the reporting of soccer players and officials with off pitch activities. At no time, was their any judgement on the sport as a whole or mentioning as a problem with other sports. I had a conversion a year a two ago to a soccer fan about the difference between the reporting by the English press with soccer off field incident and the Australian press with Rugby League. He said they just report it and get on with it. With Rugby League, the media just keep going on and on about it and then passes judgment on the code,

By the looks of Ringworm
the last thing on his mind is having sex with females. No matter what the age.
:lol::lol:
Agreed mate.
Maybe thats why he cries constantly...having to hide his true MANLY feelings for other Men .
But slowly the closet door is opening.

Gippsy

Bench
There is nothing more certain that AFL is the grubbiest sporting organisation in this country and their fans are the most insular and biggest hypocrites of all sports fans. If a Rugby League player transgresses off field, the focus from commentators and journalists from outside RL is to highlight the incident as code problem and not a sport in general problem. The AFL cheerleaders in the media particular like to put the knife into Rugby League even though most of these dribblers wouldn’t know the difference between Rugby League and Union. Not that the friends of Rugby Union have not had a red hot go over the years putting the boot into Rugby League in the same vain.
Watch when the AFL has an off field incident. The focus starts with the individual and not the sport as a whole. The article will deflect attention away from being an AFL problem and will mention NRL incidents to share the blame around. For their worst incidents, suddenly they want to say it’s a problem across all football codes. No to mention all the AFL cheerleaders who want to blame the person who comes into contact with their AFL gods.
I lived in London in the mid 90’s. Soccer’s popularity in London reminds me of AFL’s popularity in Melbourne, but not as insular. At this time the papers (particular the tabloids) started to ramp up the reporting of soccer players and officials with off pitch activities. At no time, was their any judgement on the sport as a whole or mentioning as a problem with other sports. I had a conversion a year a two ago to a soccer fan about the difference between the reporting by the English press with soccer off field incident and the Australian press with Rugby League. He said they just report it and get on with it. With Rugby League, the media just keep going on and on about it and then passes judgment on the code,

Spot on. I like how the Herald Sun admitted they sat on this story for about 6 months. Now, imagine if NRL players and not AFL players were involved.

El Diablo

Post Whore

the first people to report on Monaghan and post his pic were the Melbourne media

they would never have reported it if he played AFL. just like they refused to do in this scandal

RL1908

Bench
the first people to report on Monaghan and post his pic were the Melbourne media

they would never have reported it if he played AFL. just like they refused to do in this scandal

The Monaghan story was broken from Melb media first week of Nov. The reports this week suggest the AFL photos been doing the rounds since approx 4 weeks ago. Haven't seen anything that contradicts that timeline.