What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Carney To the Roosters

gerg

Juniors
Paullyboy truly does live in a state of permanent delusion.
Maybe if Canberra's brains trust didn't shell out $500k for that hack Campese they would have money to keep their other players.
Maybe if they actually recruited someone every now and then other than over the hill mediocrity like Mogg, the fans might not be so bitter every time another club signs someone.
Maybe if they didn't stab the game in the back because their greedy merkin players thought they would get a few extra thousand with News Ltd someone would give a f**k.

Delusional hypocrites who in a city all to themselves with absolutely f**k all to do ever still pull similar or worse crowds to the 'AFL loving latte sipping yuppies' of the Eastern Suburbs.

Suck it up f**kwits.

I don't get the anti super league agenda on this site. If you look at what they were trying to do it is no different to what the game is trying to do now - except its 15 years too late..

Presently - we have issues with keeping players in our game because of salary cap issues. Super league was trying to improve players wages.

We have a crap tv deal. Super league was trying to improve the tv deal by having teams in most states and also having competitions with English teams to improve the tv deal.

The only bad thing about the super league war was the fact that two rich merkins couldn't agree with each other because they were only concerned with themselves. Neither party gave a sh*t about the fans.

shear_joy9

Coach
Carney revealed yesterday he had been in talks with several rival clubs, but said he wouldn't enter into any serious negotiations until he had made a successful NRL return following last year's horrific leg injury.

hmm. That was only last week.

Agree with the senitments regarding Carney being no big loss. If he was he would have waltzed back into our starting team as soon as he was fit.

But the anger is not at the signing. If the knights for instance had signed him im sure the feeling would be much different. There would have been more "good luck to him, all the best, yada yada".

I think it is the fact that it is the roosters and everything they represent. They are not a club, they are just a bunch of f***ing mercenaries. Mercenaries who will be shipped off as soon as the next big thing pops up at another club. Graham will be shipped off as soon as drury low starts to become a star.

I hold no ill will towards carney. We probably offered him what he was worth at this point in time, which was wise because he is no sure thing in our 17 by any stretch. There is no point paying overs for someone who :
a) may not play that much
b) may not come back as the player he was prior to his injury.

We can do nothing if the salary cap cheating rorters swoop in with an offer well above market value.

Oh and btw, where is all this "campo on 500k" garbage coming from. I thought it was pretty well common knowledge that he is on between 300-350k. I suspect that the reason why we always seem to "not be able to afford" such and such is either because we are too honest with the cap (unlike some) or because average players are being payed above what they should. I think we are improving in this regard, however. (remember when nuffies like withers, purtell were on big contractswhich absolutely flew in the face of their minimal talent).

There is a reason everyone hates roosters.

Timbo

Staff member
Far out, I really rate a fully fit Carney. He's a superior player to Vidot when he's fit and this really stings.

How the hell are the Roosters under the cap?

adamkungl

Immortal
Far out, I really rate a fully fit Carney. He's a superior player to Vidot when he's fit and this really stings.

How the hell are the Roosters under the cap?

Other than Pearce, Myles, Anasta and Carney who do you think in our squad is on big money?

Talanexor

Juniors
Other than Pearce, Myles, Anasta and Carney who do you think in our squad is on big money?

All the other players. After all, you had to pay overs to get them there.

On the plus side, it means less money for Watts, so he's all ours hopefully :D.

adamkungl

Immortal
All the other players. After all, you had to pay overs to get them there.

On the plus side, it means less money for Watts, so he's all ours hopefully :D.

Given the vast majority of them were with us since before first grade, I doubt we paid anything too big to get them there.

Actually no, I'm sure Sean Kenny Dowall and Tom Symonds are sucking up huge amounts of our cap :roll:

Wobbygong

First Grade
Well at least you got Shillington, he's playing better now at Canberra than he ever did at the rorters.

NGR

Juniors
Perret, mini, FPN, Waera Hargraves?

I doubt you guys are over the cap yet, but if you sign Dugan questions need to be asked...

adamkungl

Immortal
Perret, mini, FPN, Waera Hargraves?

I doubt you guys are over the cap yet, but if you sign Dugan questions need to be asked...

Doubt it...well, I hope not.
Perrett is the pinnacle of mediocrity.
Mini is over the hill, and after all his injuries surely can't have signed on for what he was earning in 05.
FPN is only this year starting to show consistent form.
and JWH might be earning decent money for a young bloke...I would guess/hope around 200-250k max

Paullyboy

Coach
They've already signed Dugan - and they've done it illegally hence why they can't announce it yet. The Roosters don't have a cap.

Maybe if Canberra's brains trust didn't shell out $500k for that hack Campese they would have money to keep their other players.
Maybe if they actually recruited someone every now and then other than over the hill mediocrity like Mogg, the fans might not be so bitter every time another club signs someone.

This is the difference between rugby league supporters, and Roosters fans. We don't want to buy players. We'd rather see the guys the Raiders developed play together, rather than just some bloke who is milking us for a pay packet (for the record we had one of those, Neville Costigan, possibly the least liked Raider in recent memory - he'd fit in well at your club next time he's looking for coin though).

Maybe if they didn't stab the game in the back because their greedy merkin players thought they would get a few extra thousand with News Ltd someone would give a f**k.

As has been pointed out already (but I realise it's a concept Roosters fans can't understand because you can't think for yourself and believe whatever your corrupt, self-agenda-driven board feeds you) - what was pushed for back then wouldn't have been a war if it wasn't for Roosters board members trying to protect their junkets. The Independant Commission (which the Roosters will probably de-rail as well and make it look like a bad thing) had very similar idealogies to Super League. It's just that a few old bastards who had too much say decided to try and play the 'loyalty' card. Pfffft, who would be loyal to the ARL, they were more corrupt than North Korea.

adamkungl

Immortal
:lol: Politis is one of the main players in getting the IC up and running. And same ideologies? You deluded twat, SL had the competition being run by and for a scumbag media company. That is the EXACT OPPOSITE of what the IC is.

As for "Rugby League fans v Roosters fans", its more like Canberra fans v professional sport. Look at every other side...they're all recruiting.

Y_R

Juniors
Roosters have just snared themselves a very good footballer. He will return bigger and better and frankly if we are gonna offer him a beer and a sausage roll of a contract, he's right to throw it back in Don Furners face and whoever else was involved.

Stupid, stupid move letting him go. Our backline talent is thin as glad wrap with only Drury Low left as a promising player not in the FG and on the books. JT will move into the backrow in time and we will probably end up paying overs for someone to replace J.Carney.

With Dugan set to leave.... there is seriously no point in caring much anymore when we cant even keep our juniors. The NRL administration is a joke.... where are the fkn incentives for junior development ?

Good luck to Carney and i hope he rips up.

Mullins_y2k

Juniors
THIS IS TOTALLY f**kED HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN OUR TEAM ALL YEAR FURNES FAULT TO ANNOYED TO READ ABOVE COMMENTS SORRY IF THIS HAS ALREADY BEEN POSTED!

also sorry 4 caps

Raider_69

Post Whore

:lol: nice one!
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

the guy hasnt played FG in nearly a year, he's not in our top sqaud, he's coming off the back of a horrendous injury from which he may never fully recover, his future lays in the back row and for all of this, he was asking for 200k?

As far as im concerned, good luck to him and the roosters. They paid overs for him. If he comes good, its a nice gamble, if it doesnt they are stuck with an over-priced reggie for a few years

Raider_69

Post Whore
the other thing, the roosters are a parasite of a club
no juniors, no development, no fans, no crowds and they offer nothing to the NRL. Nor do their fans in life in general

Id rather never win a comp than have to look at myself in the mirror as a rooster fan. Imagine the embarrassment of being the leagues oldest club that offers nothing to anyone