What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anthony Milford - wants release says players agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Yeah but he has his facts wrong anyway. Ferguson's contract with the get out clause wasn't activated until November 1st. If Ferguson had seen out the year playing for the raiders he'd have gone to the world cup and been able to exercise his get out clause with no real drama.

However he simply walked out on the club and refused to show up for his contractual agreements. It is such a huge difference to the bullshit bford is harping on with. Players just walking out of their contracts puts clubs in an impossible position. It's why the nrl should take action to prevent this.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Neville Costigan sacked by Broncos, signs only a few weeks later for the Raiders. He was sacked, he's fair game unless the NRL de-registers him

Blake Ferguson executes a get out clause at Sharks, signs with Raiders. Ricky Stuart left the Sharks, so clause could be activated

Ricky Stuart, executes get out clause at Eels signs with Raiders.Parramatta inserted a clause that could allow Stuart to leave whenever he wanted to.

Josh Dugan and Todd Carney sacked by Raiders, Raiders demand they not be allowed to play for anyone. Fair enough too. Developed these two from a very young age and what lesson do they learn if they are picked up by another club straight away. Should be the case for every sacked player.......not just us.

Blake Ferguson wishes to execute a get out clause (sacked), Raiders don't want him playing for anyone. What get out clause? He walked out on his contract so he was sacked. You really think any player should be able to walk out on their contract?

Anthony Milford wants to execute a get out clause, Raiders refuse (this case appears anything but clear cut for either party) According to Milford's own manager, this clause can be activated if Milford's old man's health gets worse. Milford has said himself that Halo is better. Clause can't be activated.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I agree. It'll obviously be one of the last two options I feel though.

Despite my desire to see Milford in broncos colors next year there is no way I would blame the Raiders for making him sit out a year which I think is the most likely senario TBH.

i suspect milford might sit. I think the raiders have come too far now to just let him walk and the Broncos dont really have anything they'd be willing to trade that we need

Kiwi

First Grade
i suspect milford might sit. I think the raiders have come too far now to just let him walk and the Broncos dont really have anything they'd be willing to trade that we need
Hoffman, but I think he wants to go to the dogs

I really don't care anymore. We have zero chance in the 2014 season with the losses we have, under no circumstances should we be releasing him.

His dads health didn't seem to be a huge concern to him when he spent a month in the UK at the world cup, it's obvious what's going on here.

I'd be assigning him to our NSW Cup side and if he doesn't front for training, sue him. I'm sick of these players walking all over us because they don't like the contract they signed in the first place. Enough is enough.

Raiders fans don't seem to be able to grasp the difference between 1 month and 1 year it would seem.

Such hate for a young man that wants to be close to his family again, considering you had Papalli reneg on a signed and sealed contract and pinched another clubs coach.

What ever happens to your scum ridden club just makes my smile wider and wider.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Carney was deregistered because it was the only way the raiders would sack him.

Lets make no mistake about Dugan and Ferguson though. They both walked out on their contract. Toddles never did that. He was just a thick dickhead on the sauce. Clubs can make their own call on player behaviour but if players stop showing up to training/games the club is forced to act.

At present a player is allowed to literally walk out of their contract, force the clubs to sack them and pick up a deal elsewhere. This is not an ideal set of circumstances.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
If he hadn't signed with the broncos for 2015, I would agree but as it is clear he wants out, what benefit is keeping going to do?

Dugan/ferguson/carney were clearly idiots and would have been at any club, what other player has asked for a release from the raiders ?

In my opinion I would prefer players that want to play for the club.
We cannot just let players keep walking on their contracts, otherwise it's a free for all. You want Pappa and Edrick? Well give them a big offer and tell them to stop turning up to training.

No, we have to send a message. If you don't honour your contract, you sit out.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Raiders fans don't seem to be able to grasp the difference between 1 month and 1 year it would seem.

Such hate for a young man that wants to be close to his family again, considering you had Papalli reneg on a signed and sealed contract and pinched another clubs coach.

What ever happens to your scum ridden club just makes my smile wider and wider.

You are seriously bizzaro world skeepe

bfoord

Juniors
You could say that abouf every team. Broncos want Milford to get a release from his contract, get Barba cheap and early and wont release Hoffman.

With Hoffman, I fully expect (and I've heard rumors to thus effect) that the Broncos will release Hoffman, but after they have negotiated a release fee.

Although I haven't read anything to suggest he has actually asked for a release (doesn't mean he hasn't though).

The Broncos seem to be following the Bulldogs lead by negotiating a transfer fee before they release their player.

It is following the same path as the Barba situation. Denials that a release will be granted, followed by behind the scenes components negotiations followed by the release.

Kiwi

First Grade
thats the trouble
any help in this area will disadvantage clubs with more pull than us, so wont happen
I don't think that's the case. I think it's more a case of how do you do it? A simple salary cap rise fof the Raiders wouldn't work, could permitting the Raiders to be more active in organising third party deals bd the way to go, a combination of the two maybe, hard to work out.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Milford says he's happy to sit out the year. Sounds good. Make him sit out the year with no contact with the Broncos. Everyone is happy.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
There simply isn't a huge amount of private money in Canberra. The obvious answer is significant development discount but the nrl has for some reason been not keen on that idea. I suspect it's because it would disadvantage clubs but the current system disadvantages the raiders

BunniesMan

Immortal
A development discount just moves the disadvantage around.

This isn't a financial issue. He rejected 700k. Even the Broncos couldn't offer much more than that.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
It would help us sign other players bm. We are a financially secure club bunniesman. The salary cap is supposed to stop clubs going broke not put in huge disadvantages for clubs based on a fluke of geography.

This isn't about Milford

beave

Coach
A development discount just moves the disadvantage around.

This isn't a financial issue. He rejected 700k. Even the Broncos couldn't offer much more than that.

How does it move the disadvantage around.

Clubs like the roosters will have to go out and identify kids from elsewhere (which they do already) and develop them into first graders (which they already do). What it will do is encourage/allow some players who might be moved on previously, the chance to hang around a club for a bit longer and create some more one club players that is sadly lacking these days. Everyone whinges that there aren't enough of these players around these days FFS......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.