What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anthony Milford - wants release says players agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwi

First Grade
I guess it's pointless anyway Milford will sit out the year ( most likely ) and the Broncos will keep him fit while he does

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Why ? He's a raiders contracted player. The Broncos won't want to stir the pot any more than they have to. He's not going to be showing up to Broncos training as a raiders contracted player.

Raider_69

Post Whore
So you are saying players would sign a contract that said they must play for a club but the club can deny them any game time even if they were the best player at the club and in form? Would seem petty stupid on the players,managers and pplayers association to not look at that in any way.

The fergo thing was for discipline and temporary. Not out of spite and permanent while at the club.

absolutely they can, are you serious right now?
The team is a coaches decision, i am certain there isnt one single NRL contract with stipulations that the coach has to pick them.

Come on Kiwi, get real. This line of argument is just really dumb on your behalf

Kiwi

First Grade
Why ? He's a raiders contracted player. The Broncos won't want to stir the pot any more than they have to. He's not going to be showing up to Broncos training as a raiders contracted player.
If he sits out the year he will remain fit, Taliis remained fit in his year out as will Milford. You can bet the broncos helped tallis and you can bet they'll help milford

Pete Cash

Post Whore
He can do it on his own terms. If there is even a whiff of the Broncos assisting him it's time to call in the lawyers.

RHCP

Bench
Any club that included a 'must play first grade' clause into any contract must have backed themselves to win the wooden spoon, dumbest thing they could do.

There is no way we can be forced to play him or release him. He is contracted to us and we are free to pick or not pick him as we desire.

No one is going to step in and force a coach to select a player. The team is the coaches decision and he could rightly say he is building a team for the future and needs to assess other footballers, which is why Milford is not selected.

You are dreaming if you think the NRL, RLPA or anyone else is going to forced a coach to pick a guy in his line up. Not even Kirk Reynoldson could get this and his dropping was purely about money and not triggering an extra year in his deal.

Get serious people.

I agree that the NRL won't do anything about this, but that still doesn't make it right. And its not like we are talking about any old player, it is your current Player of the year. If the current Smell-My-Finger medalist isn't a walk up start, then who is? If the make him play the year in the reggies, then its a petty and childish action by a club (who is reacting to the childish actions of a player to be fair).

And as for Reynoldson, he did get an out of court settlement after threatening legal action, so who knows what may come of the Milford situation should things turn even nastier.

Exactly, that wont be happening. Wouldn't surprise me to hear that an anonymous benefactor paying for a trainer to meet Milford in a local Brisbane park 5 days a week though. :sarcasm:

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
What I'm suggesting is that we were within our rights to sign Costigan because the NRL allows it. While also offering my "personal" opinion that the NRL shouldn't allow it. The rules are set by the NRL.....not the Raiders.

Keep searching for that double standard Franky.

• Costigan from sacked from Broncos straight to Raiders = fair game

• Any sacked Raiders player straight to any other club = not fair game

Raider_69

Post Whore
I agree that the NRL won't do anything about this, but that still doesn't make it right.

it's not right that dugan was allowed to walk back into the NRL after walking out on a contract
it's not right that Ferguson will be allowed to do the same
it's not right that the Broncos are allowed to entice star players to break their contracts

you can add this to the list of what isnt right. All is apparently fair in love and war, so f**k Milford, hope he enjoys his time in Mt Pritchard, i hear it's lovely

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Read the original statement. The double standards are there. Clarified later, but there in the original.

It's so cute how the Raiders fans white knight each other. Makes you think there's actually a chance for humanity.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
  • Costigan from sacked from Broncos straight to Raiders = fair game

• Any sacked Raiders player straight to any other club = not fair game

I actually said that no sacked players should be fair game.....not just Raiders players.

I've also expressed the view that it's because the NRL allows it to happen and I don't blame the clubs for picking them up. It's the NRL that needs to enforce de-registration.

I love when Franky is on a mission to win the internet.

Armageddon.

Juniors
I'm with Frank on this one.
Walt, you did not express in your original statement that the NRL should not be allowing sacked players to sign elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.