What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anthony Milford - wants release says players agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I'm with Frank on this one.
Walt, you did not express in your original statement that the NRL should not be allowing sacked players to sign elsewhere.

From the original statement:

Developed these two from a very young age and what lesson do they learn if they are picked up by another club straight away. Should be the case for every sacked player.......not just us.

What might I be implying there?

papabear

Juniors
Yeah I'd like to see how they explain that... As far as I'm aware...

And admittedly... It could be different in Australia...

But I'm pretty sure the NRL isn't a court of law... So they can't make uniform rules about what goes in a contract....

They can refuse to register a contract if it doesn't meet certain criteria it stipulates...

They won't be able to stop a club from taking the player to court for trying to back out of the terms of his signed contract.

Infact, the club could take the NRL to court over not registering the contract...
I am pretty sure that receiving funding from the NRL and playing in the NRL means you have to abide by the rules of the NRL including the rd 13 contract rule.

I am pretty sure the club could take the nrl to court, but im pretty sure that would be about as pathetic and useless as your post.

Chook

First Grade
This little prick is a long way up himself. Be good to see him sat on his arse for a year.

Chook.

it's not right that dugan was allowed to walk back into the NRL after walking out on a contract
it's not right that Ferguson will be allowed to do the same
it's not right that the Broncos are allowed to entice star players to break their contracts

you can add this to the list of what isnt right. All is apparently fair in love and war, so f**k Milford, hope he enjoys his time in Mt Pritchard, i hear it's lovely

Personally I don't think Ferguson will be playing in the NRL anytime soon.

And I don't see where the Broncs have enticed anyone to break a contract. Hasn't he signed for 2015, which is after his contract was up with Raiders? And he only wanted to spend more time with his poor old dad. Even took a pay cut to do so :sarcasm:

Speaking about enticing someone to break a contract, are you forgetting the pressure placed on Papa to screw up his contract with the Eels? Yes, within the rules, but still a shit act to pull on a young player.

But I do like your "we got f**ked over because our club lacks leadership, so we're gong to f**k over someone else" attitude. Keep that up, its working really well for you.

Son of Minto

Bench
This little prick is a long way up himself. Be good to see him sat on his arse for a year.

Chook.

Up himself? For what? Wanting to activate a get out clause that the Raiders put in his contract? The Raiders have made this as farcical as it's gotten. He shouldve been allowed to leave the moment he asked to activate the clause. f**king joke of a club.

Son of Minto

Bench
Personally I don't think Ferguson will be playing in the NRL anytime soon.

And I don't see where the Broncs have enticed anyone to break a contract. Hasn't he signed for 2015, which is after his contract was up with Raiders? And he only wanted to spend more time with his poor old dad. Even took a pay cut to do so :sarcasm:

Speaking about enticing someone to break a contract, are you forgetting the pressure placed on Papa to screw up his contract with the Eels? Yes, within the rules, but still a shit act to pull on a young player.

But I do like your "we got f**ked over because our club lacks leadership, so we're gong to f**k over someone else" attitude. Keep that up, its working really well for you.

They made some shitty coach break his contract and used the same excuse Milford is using. They're a f**king shambles of a club.

From the original statement:

What might I be implying there?

I tend to agree with you about the lack of accountability for players in that they can act up, get the arse, and start playing for another club a couple weeks later. But the reality is clubs have different tolerances of poor behavior, and different players (usually depending on their skill level) are given a different number of chances. How long would it take before clubs started abusing the power to punt players and denying the players a right to continue their career as a footy player, possibly over a minor infraction?

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Up himself? For what? Wanting to activate a get out clause that the Raiders put in his contract? The Raiders have made this as farcical as it's gotten. He shouldve been allowed to leave the moment he asked to activate the clause. f**king joke of a club.

The conditions for the clause were obviously not met. Please use your brain

gronkathon

First Grade
Well no. Clearly in others opinions to.

If he thought he had met them he would have activated it. He didn't because he hadn't

gUt

Coach
I think there are too many clubs in Canberra. Move the Raiders to Logan = problem solved.

LoganRL1988

Juniors
I think there are too many clubs in Canberra. Move the Raiders to Logan = problem solved.

god no, keep the shit away from here. they do nothing for the area. Souths Logan dont even do anything here. They haven't been near Logan since 09.

Tommy Smith

Referee
He could rightly seek a release on those grounds though. Not playing him if his form warrants selection could force the Raiders to either play him or release him. I imagine his current contract would have extra dosh for making first grade, and even if it didn't if his form is good enough the Raiders will have to select him. How could thy argue he's not good enough after this year and if his form continues. The players association would certainly step in
ultimate_facepalm.jpg

No but seriously, that's the dumbest thing I've ever read. Talk about a can of worms. Can Chris Sandow use the same argument? What about Corey Norman? Jamie Soward?

Status
Not open for further replies.