What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anthony Milford - wants release says players agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I'm not even sure why we're allowing Hoffman to dictate terms (lol) of where he actually ends up when he leaves. It doesn't have to be the Dogs.

In light of Milford sitting tough on this, I'm sure the Raiders would accept a direct trade of Hoffman for Milford. They need a Fullback desperately if Milford is determined not to play.

I'm not even sure why we're allowing Hoffman to dictate terms (lol) of where he actually ends up when he leaves. It doesn't have to be the Dogs.

In light of Milford sitting tough on this, I'm sure the Raiders would accept a direct trade of Hoffman for Milford. They need a Fullback desperately if Milford is determined not to play.

Would be a pretty fair swap IMO. Hoffman is a first grade FB, and according to most Raiders fans Milford is only worth playing for Mounties, so the Raiders come out a mile in front.

LoganRL1988

Juniors

Happy for a trade to happen as long as Brisbane get some
compensation for Hoffman as he is a current International Rep. Player. :lol:

thorson1987

Coach
Trade the Milf for the Hoff.

Of course you would want that trade.

Trade this

images

for this

images

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
As far as im concerned, the debate surrounding the motivations for Milf wanting to leave Canberra is over. You dont just walk away from a million dollars because you're homesick.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Milford is a massive w**nker in my books, he, his agent and the broncos should be ashamed of how this has played out.

Raider_69

Post Whore
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/re...brisbane-broncos/story-fndv2w3r-1226771399109

Restless NRL star Josh Hoffman embarrassing himself and disrespecting the Brisbane Broncos
He is embarrassing himself, disrespecting the club and the fans that worshipped his every move by publicly trying to pressure Brisbane to release him to Canterbury.

The stupidity he is wilfully participating in on social media with the Canterbury players on the New Zealand team is shameful.

Funny hashtags such as #releasehim might get a few laughs in camp, but it puts you further from the Kennel and just leaves you sitting in the dog house.

Brisbane has complete control over his future and Corey Norman's exit last season may be an indication of where this is headed.

It says a lot about footballers today that the second a coach recruits some competition for positions, they want to break contracts.

It happened last year with Norman and Peter Wallace hunting deals elsewhere after being told Scott Prince was joining the club.

Whatever happened to sucking it up, putting your head down and earning the right to wear the jersey you desire? No one is entitled to anything. It's that sort of attitude that sees a football team compile the worst season in club history.

Brisbane's premiership teams of the past were filled with more talented players than Hoffman who had to play off the bench or out of position because it was best for the team. Ben Barba and Anthony Milford had genuine family issues and Marty Kennedy's exit eased massive salary cap concerns at the Sydney Roosters.

Hoffman just wants the easy option.

Oh sweet irony
I honestly cannot believe this moron has the hide to write this article given what is happening with the Broncos and Anthony Milford right now. Goodness me, Courier Fail, what a publication!

Last edited:

Raider_69

Post Whore
As far as im concerned, the debate surrounding the motivations for Milf wanting to leave Canberra is over. You dont just walk away from a million dollars because you're homesick.

I would bet my entire mortgage on the fact Milford will earn a lot more in brisbane than Canberra

What brisbane pay him out of the salary cap and what the bloke takes home a year will be two VASTLY different numbers. Surely even you are capable of understanding this.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
I actually said that no sacked players should be fair game.....not just Raiders players.

I've also expressed the view that it's because the NRL allows it to happen and I don't blame the clubs for picking them up. It's the NRL that needs to enforce de-registration.

I love when Franky is on a mission to win the internet.

:lol:

I love when people get affected and then try to act like they're not. But hey, as long as you've learned a thing or two, I'm happy.

No need to thank me.

blaza88z

Coach
Half the Canberra team must be suffering from homesickness at some stage in their career..

Who'd want to live there anyway :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.