What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anthony Milford - wants release says players agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
No need. You seem to be out of 'em.

:lol: I honestly have no idea what you're on about. You were found looking like an idiot (yet again) earlier today. Now you show up hours later beating your e-chest over god knows what. Posting gifs of your honeymoon hasn't enlightened anyone.

Kiwi

First Grade
how many posts will this hit I wonder before it dies in the arse

my shit stirring didn't really ramp it up like I had hoped

Last edited:

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
:lol: I honestly have no idea what you're on about. You were found looking like an idiot (yet again) earlier today. Now you show up hours later beating your e-chest over god knows what. Posting gifs of your honeymoon hasn't enlightened anyone.

It doesn't surprise me that you find it hard to comprehend something.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Raiders insist homesick Anthony Milford's all theirs for one more season

Date
November 30, 2013

Andrew Webster
Chief Sports Writer, The Sydney Morning Herald

The will-he-stay-or-will-he-go saga concerning Anthony Milford has taken another twist with Canberra insisting the young star has again confirmed his commitment to the club for next season.

After it was announced earlier this week that Milford would join the Broncos for two seasons from 2015, the 19-year-old bizarrely told News Corp there was ''no guarantee'' he would honour the final year of his contract with the Raiders.

He also said he had no idea the Raiders would be releasing an official statement confirming he would play in Canberra next year.

That was stunning news to Canberra coach Ricky Stuart and chief executive Don Furner, who had issued the release after it was seen by his manager Sam Ayoub and with the knowledge of the Broncos. ''Anthony has given us an undertaking in writing from his manager and personally from Anthony as well that he will be here in 2014,'' Furner told Fairfax Media. ''He will honour his contract, which is all we wanted him to do.

''We're comfortable that he's homesick and wanted to sign with the Broncos for 2015 and 2016.

''I spoke to the chief executive of the Broncos [Paul White] about it, clarifying that it would only be for those seasons.

''We clarified that. We've had the backing of the NRL, because you can't walk out of contracts. And he understood that.

''The Broncos knew about the press release, and so did Sam.

''So I'm not sure what that's all about today.''

Milford has been at the centre of a tug of war between the two clubs after he expressed a desire to trigger a clause in his Raiders deal relating to the health of his father, Halo, who is recovering from a heart attack.

The Broncos are desperate for Milford to play in the halves having lost Corey Norman to Parramatta and released Peter Wallace to Penrith.

The Raiders, meanwhile, are banking on having Milford - the club's player of the year - available after allowing Sam Williams to sign with the Dragons.

Having terminated the contracts of Josh Dugan and Blake Ferguson, the Canberra board was adamant Milford would not be leaving early.

Milford returned from a holiday in Samoa on Friday morning and is yet to speak with the Raiders, but Furner said Ayoub again assured him he would be playing for the club in 2014.

''I've exchanged text messages with Sam today and he said he will not be going back on what we've said,'' Furner said. ''He will be with you in 2014.''

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...more-season-20131129-2ygzf.html#ixzz2m1TM4v9L

Pete Cash

Post Whore
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/re...brisbane-broncos/story-fndv2w3r-1226771399109

Oh sweet irony
I honestly cannot believe this moron has the hide to write this article given what is happening with the Broncos and Anthony Milford right now. Goodness me, Courier Fail, what a publication!

Lets see what this other article on news.com.au says

http://www.news.com.au/national/can...ony-milford-saga/story-e6frfkp9-1226771377886

ENOUGH is enough. Today, Canberra boss Don Furner should ring Broncos counterpart Paul White, broker a $100,000 transfer fee, and let Anthony Milford get on with his life in Brisbane.

LMAO talk about propaganda.

innsaneink

Referee
AM seems like a right spoilt little turd....needs a good kick in the arse

So much for Daddy being sick, what a crock

Cheops

Juniors
Lets see what this other article on news.com.au says

http://www.news.com.au/national/can...ony-milford-saga/story-e6frfkp9-1226771377886

ENOUGH is enough. Today, Canberra boss Don Furner should ring Broncos counterpart Paul White, broker a $100,000 transfer fee, and let Anthony Milford get on with his life in Brisbane.

LMAO talk about propaganda.

Yep, had to have a laugh this morning when the Courier-Mail (no I don't know why I bother reading it either) had one article saying tough luck, Hoffman should be forced to see out his contract and on the opposite page, an article whining about how the big bad mean Canberra won't let those awesome Broncos have Milford....

Paullyboy

Coach
The most obviously lesson that's come from all of this is that Milford is a disgraceful human. The fact he was willing to play the 'I need to be with my sick dad' card despite that not being the case at all is a pretty low move.

As I said earlier, I really wanted to still like Milford - I figured I would at least get to cheer him on in Origin in future years. But this guy is low. If his Dad really is that sick, he shouldn't be globetrotting and should actually be spending time with his Dad. If his Dad isn't that sick, it's disgusting to use that as an excuse. A new moral low for rugby league players.

Country Bronco

Juniors
For those taking swipes at Milford. Have you considered Milfords parents might be with him in Samoa? No. You all are prepared to get on the offensive and trash the young kid for his values. What about your own? I know my family comes first. You lot don't have values that has lead to a life of misery. I'm not sorry for you having no family value. To me you're worthless and shouldn't of been born. You're lower than f**ken pedofiles and rapists.

Raider_69

Post Whore
For those taking swipes at Milford. Have you considered Milfords parents might be with him in Samoa? No. You all are prepared to get on the offensive and trash the young kid for his values. What about your own? I know my family comes first. You lot don't have values that has lead to a life of misery. I'm not sorry for you having no family value. To me you're worthless and shouldn't of been born. You're lower than f**ken pedofiles and rapists.

How f**king dare anyone out there make fun of Anthony after all he has been through.!

He Dad has heart disease, he is being forced to earn millions playing the game loves. He's a slave to his two f**king parents.

His manager turned out to be a user, a cheater, and now he's going through a custody battle between clubs. All you people care about is….. readers and making money off of him.

HE’S A HUMAN! (ah! ooh!) What you don’t realize is that Anthony is making you all this money and all you do is write a bunch of crap about him.

He isn't even in the country. He signed with the Broncos for a reason because they care about unlike all of you people.

LEAVE HIM ALONE! You are lucky he even performed for you BASTARDS!
LEAVE ANTHONY ALONE!…..Please.

Buzz Rothfield talked about professionalism and said if Anthony was a professional he would’ve honoured his contract.

Speaking of professionalism, when is it professional to publicly bash someone who is going through a hard time.

Leave Anthony Alone Please…. !
Leave Anthony Milford alone!…right now!….I mean it.!

Anyone that has a problem with him you deal with me, because he is not well right now.

LEAVE HIM ALONE!

co signed
Country Bronco

Kiwi

First Grade
How f**king dare anyone out there make fun of Anthony after all he has been through.!

He Dad has heart disease, he is being forced to earn millions playing the game loves. He's a slave to his two f**king parents.

His manager turned out to be a user, a cheater, and now he's going through a custody battle between clubs. All you people care about is….. readers and making money off of him.

HE’S A HUMAN! (ah! ooh!) What you don’t realize is that Anthony is making you all this money and all you do is write a bunch of crap about him.

He isn't even in the country. He signed with the Broncos for a reason because they care about unlike all of you people.

Buzz Rothfield talked about professionalism and said if Anthony was a professional he would’ve honoured his contract.

Speaking of professionalism, when is it professional to publicly bash someone who is going through a hard time.

Anyone that has a problem with him you deal with me, because he is not well right now.

LEAVE HIM ALONE!

co signed
Country Bronco
post of the week right there, in video format that son a bitch is post of the year lol

Better have a Bex and a lie down, love...

Paullyboy

Coach

You do realise that Milford argued he had to move back to Brisbane because his old man was too sick to fly to Canberra?

I guess Samoa is a much less taxing flight though isn't it champ?

F?ck off back to your courier mail where the truth doesn't matter.

Walt Flanigan

Referee

LEAVE HIM ALONE!

co signed
Country Bronco

:lol:

Took me a while to catch on.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade

Is that you skeepe?

ek999

First Grade

Anchorman_well_that_escalated_quickly_966.jpg

Also as others have said, if Milford's dad is over in Samoa with him then his asking for a release is a crock of shit because he is able to travel down to Canberra to see his son.

Status
Not open for further replies.