What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anthony Milford - wants release says players agent

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is now awesome, I'm dying laughing. What were we even arguing about before? Friday Night Football at the Milfords is hanging out in trees with binoculars!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bruce123

Juniors
This thread is now awesome, I'm dying laughing. What were we even arguing about before? Friday Night Football at the Milfords is hanging out in trees with binoculars!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah true, it's fairly amusing. Do u think he may try to make his own breed? tonys massive Dane/mastiff/sheepdogs?

Raider_69

Post Whore

You recon they send one of the youngens into the neighbours garage to try and pinch cola's for the event too?

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Anthony Milford's parents offer to move to Canberra

December 1
Chris Wilson

ANTHONY MILFORD'S parents have told Raiders officials they would consider relocating to Canberra temporarily as they try to ease the rookie fullback through homesickness in his gap year before he joins Brisbane.
The Raiders are adamant Milford will honour the final year of his contract in Canberra, with coach Ricky Stuart reiterating that Milford's manager Sam Ayoub had again given a ''guarantee'' he would be with the Green Machine next year.
Fairfax Media understands the Raiders flew Milford's parents, Halo and Marietta, to Canberra two weeks ago, taking them to lunch with Ayoub and detailing the club's three-year offer to Milford.
Milford's parents indicated the decision would be left to their son, but stressed his preference to return to Brisbane by 2015.

It is understood Milford's parents told the Raiders they would consider coming to Canberra next year to support their son during his final season with the club.

The Raiders had been trying to assist the Milfords in a move to Canberra this year, well before Milford sought a release on compassionate grounds in August. But the plans were aborted when the family cited ongoing health concerns for Halo. Milford has returned to Australia from representing Samoa at the World Cup, announcing on Wednesday he would be joining the Broncos in 2015.

But there was confusion after reports on Friday that said Milford had given ''no guarantees'' he would be coming back to Canberra. Fairfax Media reported on Friday that chief executive Don Furner had a written guarantee from Milford and his manager, with Stuart backing those claims on Saturday.
''We're under no illusion that he'll be anywhere but Canberra next year,'' Stuart said.
''I spoke to Sam Ayoub his manager [Friday] and he gave us all the guarantees and said he wouldn't be going back on his word in regards to Anthony playing for the club.''
Stuart said he and Furner had spoken to Milford, separately, since his return to Australia. He expected Milford to report for pre-season training later this month.
''I've spoken to him once and he said he understands and accepts the fact he'll be here in '14 and his manager has said that under no circumstances he'll be playing anywhere else outside Canberra in 2014. I don't know how much more we've got to do.''

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rug...to-canberra-20131130-2yis0.html#ixzz2mAM2EpFt

POPEYE

Coach
Imo believing that Barba and Milford are among the next generation of consequential superstars is as satisfying as a can of c**e in a marathon

hineyrulz

Post Whore
But but but but but but his father is so sick and he can't travel, and Milford has a clause in the contract that allows him to leave :lol:

Sounds like the las 3 month from Milford have been absolute bullshit, childish self entitled little wanker.

BunniesMan

Immortal
From the above article:
''I've spoken to him once and he said he understands and accepts the fact he'll be here in '14 and his manager has said that under no circumstances he'll be playing anywhere else outside Canberra in 2014. I don't know how much more we've got to do.''

Yeh he won't be playing elsewhere, but that doesn't mean he'll be playing for Canberra. Could still easily sit the year out. Putting your body through an NRL season is a massive ordeal. Doing it at a place where you know you don't have a long term future makes it even harder. Imagine doing an ACL or Achilles late in the year.

More will come out about this story between now and kick off round 1. Don't be surprised at all if the Milf decides on a year long holiday.

Tone83

Juniors
As much as I'd love to watch Milford play in 2014 the raiders don't deserve him, and certainly don't deserve to injure him, so I hope he gets his holiday.

Last edited:

Raider_69

Post Whore
Good article, poor bloke will be sacked form the Courier Fail for writing that

As for T-Rex, my local high school team doesnt want Tony Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts