What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anthony Milford - wants release says players agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
lol Sam Ayoub has already demonstrated his knowledge of clauses.

I highly doubt that Milford will turn his back on the Broncos deal but I'm sure the Raiders will give it a red-hot crack.

insert.pause

First Grade
lol Sam Ayoub has already demonstrated his knowledge of clauses.

I highly doubt that Milford will turn his back on the Broncos deal but I'm sure the Raiders will give it a red-hot crack.

The only reason it has come up is because the Broncos were touched up in a trial, its just a cheap segue.

I think we are all over the saga.

Bretto

Bench
So the Broncos do poorly in one trail game and all of a sudden Cameron Smith doesn't wanna come to Brisbane and Anthony Milford wants to renege on his contract.

"Journalism" at its finest.

Anthony will be a Bronco next year. The deal is done.

thorson1987

Coach
So the Broncos do poorly in one trail game and all of a sudden Cameron Smith doesn't wanna come to Brisbane and Anthony Milford wants to renege on his contract.

The stories about Smith started a few weeks ago. Has nothing to do with the trials

Tommy Smith

Referee
I think we can all agree that the Broncos are a fallen empire.

They no longer produce juniors despite the enormous base, and they also struggle to attract stars.

It'll get even worse when a 2nd Brisbane team enters the competition.

Kiwi

First Grade
it's an NRL rule

you can't get rid of it

where does one find said rule?

I think Milford will be a Bronco next year, and wouldn't be surprised if we made a play for someone else if Cam Smith remains in melbourne

Last edited:

Charlie124

First Grade

Whoah whoah whoah, back up a sec here mate. two trials.

nick87

Coach
I think Milford will be a Bronco next year

He almost certainly will be, short of Raiders starting exceptionally well, Milford's family deciding they really like Canberra and Milford really connecting with Stuart on a Player-Coach level he's not back flipping (all three scenarios very unlikely on their own, let alone all three together imo), but it doesnt change the fact that it is still an option available too him if he wants it.

Unless the Raiders agreed to removed their last chance rights to him, a raiders fan emailed the NRL and it was made quite clear all parties had to agree before it would be removed and registered and i can't think of a single reason why the Raiders would agree to that.

The reality is these articles are more likely driven from within the Broncos camp, by people looking to try and get the coach sacked.

El Diablo

Post Whore
where does one find said rule?

I think Milford will be a Bronco next year, and wouldn't be surprised if we made a play for someone else if Cam Smith remains in melbourne

http://www.nrl.com/nrl-mailbox-mid-season-player-transfers/tabid/10874/newsid/66282/default.aspx

What are the rules around the NRL?s current player transfer system?

The anti-tampering (or ?player transfer?) rules look at when a club can approach a player from another team and relate to the decision a player will make when he comes off contract (not to a player breaking his existing agreement, which is prohibited and can involve serious legal penalty).

The aim of these rules is to ensure that a player?s existing team has the final right to negotiate the player?s future but the rules don?t restrict when a club can negotiate with a player for his services in the next contract period.

They do however restrict when a new agreement can be registered as the Australian Rugby League Commission won?t register any agreement between the player and a proposed new club until after Round 13 of the final year of the player?s existing contract.

The only exception to this is where the player?s original club agrees in writing that it has had ample opportunity to consider and match the offer and where it is prepared to allow the contract registration.

The benefit of delaying the registration of any contract until after Round 13 of the final year of a player?s current term is that it ensures that the player?s current team can negotiate an offer up until that point.

georgesnmith

Juniors
if the broncos current form continues griffen wont last the season

and if they sign someone decent hell probably still go there, but im hoping he renegs

if he does go it will probably mean hoffman gets his release but probably not this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts