What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anthony Milford - wants release says players agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew057

First Grade
Stuart has managed to re sign eddy lee and jack wighton in the last few weeks. Not a bad start at all considering the absolute shambles the club was in when he arrived. Wighton literally posted on his facebook that he couldn't wait til his contract was up (obv he quickly deleted it) only a month or two ago.

$$$

Paullyboy

Coach
I'm happy for us to pay shed loads for our juniors, I just wish all other clubs would do the same and we might get some tribalism back. At the moment you know you're just cheering for people for 2 years (or less if they hit form and realise they could play somewhere else if they wanted).

royce10

Juniors
When did the horse say this?

Been watching this thread for a while now, but refused to comment, even when I knew "nee" had his mind set on the broncos. I speak to him regularly and he indicated to me (before the wc) that he's going to accept the Canberra offer.

I went to his brother's 21st on Saturday and everyone seems to think the same.

Raider Azz

Bench
Been watching this thread for a while now, but refused to comment, even when I knew "nee" had his mind set on the broncos. I speak to him regularly and he indicated to me (before the wc) that he's going to accept the Canberra offer.

Taking this with a grain of salt, but it would be extremely hilarious and satisfying if true.

Canard

Immortal

It will only be official to me if Wayne Bennett's brother confirms it.

royce10

Juniors
Taking this with a grain of salt, but it would be extremely hilarious and satisfying if true.

I'd be extremely embarrassed if it isn't true. However, he has had a lot more reasons to go with the broncos and I would've loved to see him there (I'm not a Broncos fan), but it is what it is.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
In all fairness with the rise in the cap, plus his age. Whoever he plays with will pay him close to that figure.

Halves and Fullbacks generally get more anyway.

In all fairness with the rise in the cap, plus his age. Whoever he plays with will pay him close to that figure.

Halves and Fullbacks generally get more anyway.

Sorry, but you are deluded. A decent rookie season just doesn't earn you a $1m/yr contract. That is top 2-3 players in the game money. If he continues to shine, maybe his next contract will be big dollars, but at this stage in his career anything over $400k is overs, regardless of the increase in salary cap.

Greenbits

Juniors
I'd be extremely embarrassed if it isn't true. However, he has had a lot more reasons to go with the broncos and I would've loved to see him there (I'm not a Broncos fan), but it is what it is.
If you aren't a Broncos fan, why would you love to see him there?

beefstew

Juniors
Crazy money being talked about, the kids got great footwork and reasonable ball skills, but hasn't shown anything that points to him being a great of the game. His skill set and size are all but exactly the same as a Preston Campbell.

Canberra is in a dick measuring contest with the Bronc's, and it's gonna cost one club way way too much.

MuTT

Juniors
Matty Johns has just said without a doubt Milford would be at the Broncos by the end of the world cup.

If Matty Johns says it you can pretty much put a red line through it and file it under fiction. He also said Cherry Evans would be a bronco after the WC.

papabear

Juniors
Do the broncos have a different salary cap to everyone else?

Also a 300k contract in brisbane actually equate to a 800k contract everywhere else?

Seems like they are just getting a free ride to fancy town to me.

bfoord

Juniors
The Broncos are just going to offer him what his is worth. Not 3 times his value like the Raiders. (Plus they will use the fact that he wants to move back to be with his parents.)

We only got Barba cheap because the Bulldogs had it included in the release that he could only earn his Bulldogs money for the remaining 2 years of what his Bulldogs contract would have run.

Status
Not open for further replies.