What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anthony Milford - wants release says players agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
You are such a dumb shit at times IBM. You might want to re-read your post because it looks like you are wishing for a bloke to die to teach the Raiders a lesson in ???

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
You are such a dumb shit at times IBM. You might want to re-read your post because it looks like you are wishing for a bloke to die to teach the Raiders a lesson in ???

Wow dude, way to misinterpret. Why the f**k would I wish that upon anyone? It's the f**king Raiders that called Milford a liar. The Broncos never have. So who is gonna look bad if his father tragically dies?

What is with this shit of people reading things how they want to read them? Oh well, I know what I meant.

Last edited:

LoganRL1988

Juniors
I think the bigger issue for the Raiders is that Marsden State High has swiched the Football program to the Broncos. Majority of the boys coming out of Logan currently graduate for there.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
When did the Raiders call Milford a liar ? Milford has been reasonably honest about his fathers health. He even admitted that he was getting better (why he is playing for the Raiders in 2014 and not Brisbane)

You are shitty because for some reason you have a sense of entitlement to Raiders contracted players. To the point you are wishing for his father to die so the Raiders look bad. Thats pretty weird dude.

Just wait to 2015 ffs.

Raider_69

Post Whore
It's the risk any club takes when having scouts go outside their junior areas. All clubs scout far and wide and so they should. But as I I said it's a risk. I am sure if you asked any Raiders fan if the could live with 1 in 5 promising juniors signed out of Logan returning home due to being homesick while the rest stayed they would take that deal any day of the week, doesn't mean they have to like it when it happens though.

Exactly. We lose Milford, but we've still got Papalii's, Lee's, Bateman, Mago's and some other promising kids etc

Having them and losing one every so often is much better than not having any of them at all

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
When did the Raiders call Milford a liar ? Milford has been reasonably honest about his fathers health. He even admitted that he was getting better (why he is playing for the Raiders in 2014 and not Brisbane)

You are shitty because for some reason you have a sense of entitlement to Raiders contracted players. To the point you are wishing for his father to die so the Raiders look bad. Thats pretty weird dude.

Just wait to 2015 ffs.

Nah dude, you're twisting my words intentionally and you are an arsehole for doing that. No I mean it, that is offensive and you owe me an apology.

When did the Raiders call him a liar?? Where the f**k have you been? The club have never stated that publicly but their dipshit fans have always believed that.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Why even mention in vague mafia like threats that it would sure be a shame if his father went and died while he was playing for the Raiders. Its all pretty weird man.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Nah dude, you're twisting my words intentionally and you are an arsehole for doing that. No I mean it, that is offensive and you owe me an apology.

When did the Raiders call him a liar?? Where the f**k have you been? The club have never stated that publicly but their dipshit fans have always believed that.

So no one has said he's a liar, but thats the vibe of it?

You don't deserve an apology. You deserve to be slapped upside the face.

He's full of shit IMO. But, he's off to the Broncos in 2015 anyway.

Whatever.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Actually... No... Not completely true...

I think there's a misconception on these boards that it's a blanket rule that no contract is valid until June 30 or whatever the date is they take registrations.

That's definitely not the case... That date is the registration date for the NRL for the following season.

these back outs occur because players either sign a letter of intent... Or they sign contracts with a back out clause which would void the contract if they change they're mind before the contract is registered with the NRL.

Papalii was able to back out because of how the contract with Parra was written. They allowed wiggle room in his contract and Papalii used it... Which is fair enough...

But let me assure you... a contract is still a binding contract whether it's registered by the NRL or not.

There are some NRL agents who actually decline these clauses in all they're clients contracts on principle as a of show good faith with the clubs they deal with.

Obviously I don't know what Milford has signed... So I have no idea what's going to happen here... But if he's signed a tight contract with no back out clauses with the Broncos... It doesn't matter when the NRL registration date is.. He's a broncos player for the period he's signed for.

And you would think after the Papalii back out they would be very keen on making sure there is no wiggle room...

So to sum up... A contract is valid based on the stipulations in the contract signed... Not from some magic date in the middle of the season the NRL chooses.

It does not matter what the Broncos want to do. The NRL is the governing body who has said their contracts will not be valid until a certain date. Both parties go into the deal knowing this, there is an understanding that this is the case.

If Milford backflipped, the NRL would not register the NRL contract, as per the terms and conditions laid down. The Broncos might be able to challenge it in court, but the courts would almost certain decline to get themselves involved in this nonsense and simply dismiss it on the back of the fact the contract was entered into on both sides of the party full aware that the NRL does not consider this a valid contract until a certain date.

It is not a valid, registered NRL contract until Round 13, 2014. Regardless of what he's signed.

It's really simple. If Canberra get him to back flip before Round 13, his Raiders contract will be registered. The Broncos contract will only be registered before that time with written consent from the Raiders to say they have conceded his rights.

The broncos can then challenge that in court, but like every club this has happened to before, including Souths, Canberra and Eels, all the talk of courts dies down after a week or so because there is:

A) a high chance the courts dont find in their favour
B) even if they win, forcing a player to play for a club they dont want to be at is rarely a good move.

mongoose

Coach
Meh, I don't see it as a huge loss to be honest. So he has a good step and can run fast. He didn't really show much as far as play making skills go during his time in first grade. The hype around him at such a young age isn't really warranted.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Why even mention in vague mafia like threats that it would sure be a shame if his father went and died while he was playing for the Raiders. Its all pretty weird man.

Because if his father is actually ill, that is a possibility. I'm sorry if that is somehow a "mafia threat" but that is reality. A lot can change with ones health in a year. It would be a media feeding frenzy on the Raiders if he did pass away so it's a sizeable risk for them.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Because if his father is actually ill, that is a possibility. I'm sorry if that is somehow a "mafia threat" but that is reality. A lot can change with ones health in a year. It would be a media feeding frenzy on the Raiders if he did pass away so it's a sizeable risk for them.

You should demand an apology tbh.

:lol::lol:

Exactly. We lose Milford, but we've still got Papalii's, Lee's, Bateman, Mago's and some other promising kids etc

Having them and losing one every so often is much better than not having any of them at all

Give it 12 months of Stuart and see how many of them are keen to hang around :)

Raider_69

Post Whore
Give it 12 months of Stuart and see how many of them are keen to hang around :)

Wighton 2016 - signed post Stuart
Edrick Lee 2017 - signed post Stuart
Josh Papalii 2016 - signed pre Stuart, except the club he spurned was a Stuart coached side at the time
Tevita Pengai 2016 - signed post Stuart
Tahakilu Pangai 2016 - signed post Stuart

Patrick Mago's brother has just signed on to play for our U20's and his family has moved to Canberra (cant remember when he's signed on until)

Brenko Lee is expected to re-sign with the club before kick off next year (negotiation on the deal has already begun)

Dont worry too much about us, sweet cheeks. Best focus on your own backyard.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Dont worry too much about us, sweet cheeks. Best focus on your own backyard.

Canberra are second only to Parramatta in regards to how much they should be worrying about their backyard.

Perhaps after next year you should demand an apology from the Canberra CEO for signing Stuart :)

Stuart, a man who coached a team to an NRL premiership. I'd rather have him than that mong Griffin who could only muster an Under 20's runners up medal.

shiznit

Coach
Like others have said, probably the best outcome for the Raiders given the circumstances and the Broncos really can't afford to get too ahead of themselves in light of other situations.

I'm unsure about the Round 13 rule, I've heard a lot of insiders say it's a case by case scenario, then again, a representative from the NRL website said that it is a uniform rule, so we'll see if that comes into the equation.

Makes you wonder though who the Broncos can play in the halves heading into 2014. Hunt obviously fills one part of the equation, but he's virtually just a Chad Townsend at this stage of his career. Most likely, they'll come up with some makeshift pairing, which will essentially make next season a write off before it has even begun.

Yeah I'd like to see how they explain that... As far as I'm aware...

And admittedly... It could be different in Australia...

But I'm pretty sure the NRL isn't a court of law... So they can't make uniform rules about what goes in a contract....

They can refuse to register a contract if it doesn't meet certain criteria it stipulates...

They won't be able to stop a club from taking the player to court for trying to back out of the terms of his signed contract.

Infact, the club could take the NRL to court over not registering the contract...

Status
Not open for further replies.