What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

any more signings?

hindy111

Post Whore
Do you think parra will sign any more players for next year?
I guess with poore and shackleton plus keating and mateo its kind of like 4 new players-
Will horo get a run sometime this year?

Stagger eel

Staff member
signings? - Yes

when? - no one here knows

who? - no one here knows

Horo is apparently our 18th man for the Gold Coast game...

Hellsy

Immortal
We don't have alot of money though so they prob won't be big unless we can free up $$ elsewhere. Josh would have helped a little I guess.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'm not connected like Staggs or Hellsy or some of the other fine posters on this great forum.

But I would wager that we won't make any 'big' name signings for the rest of the season; any signings we do make will be 'budget' signings, as has been mentioned earlier.

Matthew Bell is seemingly out of the question, as his price has taken him out of contention apparently.

i have to say tim smith would look good back in the blue n golds, always rated him. Give him some space behind next years forward pack...mmmm

Stagger eel

Staff member
i hope we somehow get t.smith

yeah and we should sign him right away before we get into a bidding war for him later on...lol

seriously though what would you get out of a bloke who's no longer wanted by his own English club when other players like Daniel Holdsworth, eddie Paea, Blake Green and Matt Head are also available???

If Anderson wants Smith that much he would of been signed by now but at the moment he'd be better off sitting back waiting for players to come to him because if they're all without an NRL contract by September than they'll be falling over each other to play for a doughnut and coke.

Raudonikis

Juniors
yeah and we should sign him right away before we get into a bidding war for him later on...lol

seriously though what would you get out of a bloke who's no longer wanted by his own English club when other players like Daniel Holdsworth, eddie Paea, Blake Green and Matt Head are also available???

If Anderson wants Smith that much he would of been signed by now but at the moment he'd be better off sitting back waiting for players to come to him because if they're all without an NRL contract by September than they'll be falling over each other to play for a doughnut and coke.

Very well put

Raudonikis

Juniors
Just on what stagger said,matt head may just be the one he was talking about.. looking for a fresh start?

AlexTheEel

Juniors

Im pretty sure Holdsworth has re-signed with the Dogs for 2 more years.

Fee

Juniors
I would love to see Blake Green back at Parra, I have heard he misses it at our club. Why do people keep wanting Tim back, personally I dont have anything against Tim but with the problems he has had in the past I would rather he not come back. From all the reports from England he hasnt changed very much, I dont think we need anymore of the bad publicity we have had in the past few years.

benoir91

Juniors

Stagger, I've been following Tims progress in England closely, reading all the news there, following the wigan forum and watching the wigan match highlights.

Based on quotes from the coaching staff and from what the fans are saying he is definitely still wanted by Wigan, but they know he is homesick and wants to return to Australia so are not pursuing the issue.

And I would take Tim over all the players you have named, i know for a fact 100% that Tim DOES want to comeback to Parra if there was an offer for him.

benoir91

Juniors
I would love to see Blake Green back at Parra, I have heard he misses it at our club. Why do people keep wanting Tim back, personally I dont have anything against Tim but with the problems he has had in the past I would rather he not come back. From all the reports from England he hasnt changed very much, I dont think we need anymore of the bad publicity we have had in the past few years.

I as would most, take Tim over Blake in a heartbeat.
Blake Green is not up to NRL standard, everytime he plays he seems unable to perform to his best.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Stagger, I've been following Tims progress in England closely, reading all the news there, following the wigan forum and watching the wigan match highlights.

Based on quotes from the coaching staff and from what the fans are saying he is definitely still wanted by Wigan, but they know he is homesick and wants to return to Australia so are not pursuing the issue.

And I would take Tim over all the players you have named, i know for a fact 100% that Tim DOES want to comeback to Parra if there was an offer for him.

well to be perfectly honest with you mate, if I followed his form with the same affection as you have I'd probably feel the same too. but emotion aside the guy simply hasn't set the world on fire in a competition where, by rights, he should of, from go to whoa.

i'm not sitting here saying that we shouldn't look to him as an option I'm merely saying that if he's as good as it's made out by some then would of been tied up by now, at very best he's become base sallery player but those guys I've mentioned are also in the same boat.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
We are moving forward not back, how old is Paea???? A couple of years ago he was being touted as the second coming. He has plenty of talent maybe DFcan get the best out of him. On the cheap he could be a good buy

Stagger eel

Staff member
We are moving forward not back, how old is Paea???? A couple of years ago he was being touted as the second coming. He has plenty of talent maybe DFcan get the best out of him. On the cheap he could be a good buy

Paea is probably the youngest out of the crop I mentioned, which are basically potential players that can be used as back up halves for Morts and KK, and i realise it's only a typo but don't talk to us about moving forward when you type DF instead of DA :)

AlexTheEel

Juniors
Whichever halfback option we go for if any, i highly doubt they would be any more then an option for depth. I dont think Anderson is looking for his starting # 7 next season.

Gazzamatta

Coach
What a great idea!

Lets go all out to get Timmy back. We should also make offers to Finchy and Piggy as well.
A reunion of the "Chug-a-lug Boys".
Oh.... I cant wait.

Fan since 1964
Gazzamatta

Latest posts