What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

any more signings?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Paea is probably the youngest out of the crop I mentioned, which are basically potential players that can be used as back up halves for Morts and KK, and i realise it's only a typo but don't talk to us about moving forward when you type DF instead of DA :)
Whoops :lol:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
We are moving forward not back, how old is Paea???? A couple of years ago he was being touted as the second coming. He has plenty of talent maybe DFcan get the best out of him. On the cheap he could be a good buy

he's overrated and crap, and i've had that view since the first time i saw him play behind a reasonablly good souths pack.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Whichever halfback option we go for if any, i highly doubt they would be any more then an option for depth. I dont think Anderson is looking for his starting # 7 next season.

well given that DA is only looking at 55 to 75K signings to fill the squad I would say that would be obvious.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
lol at the people that thought Tim was anything special in England...

've seen a couple of his games, and even his sh*t games are ten times better then anything Blake has produced in first grade, and when i counter in NRL games forTim well there is no comparison. I'm not saying we should bring back Tim Smith, but i wish people would get over Blake, he's not a superstar like some make out, he's a borderline first grade player, an Tim is far the more talented and proved it.

Stagger eel

Staff member
've seen a couple of his games, and even his sh*t games are ten times better then anything Blake has produced in first grade, and when i counter in NRL games forTim well there is no comparison. I'm not saying we should bring back Tim Smith, but i wish people would get over Blake, he's not a superstar like some make out, he's a borderline first grade player, an Tim is far the more talented and proved it.

ten times better hey???....lol

good onya Ronny, nothing like exagerating the truth..

facts are both are ordinary and at the cross roads of thier career..

1 has played reserve grade in the ESL and is not wanted by his ESL club the other is playing state cup and filling in first grade when needed but is also not wanted by his own club.

Tim has a better playmakers game while Blake can play in more positions in a pinch..but both are ordinary.

If Tim is 10 times the player than Blake is than not only would he be wanted at Wigan but he'd be offered a few contracts in the NRL.

both are still without a club for next season.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
ten times better hey???....lol

good onya Ronny, nothing like exagerating the truth..

facts are both are ordinary and at the cross roads of thier career..

1 has played reserve grade in the ESL and is not wanted by his ESL club the other is playing state cup and filling in first grade when needed but is also not wanted by his own club.

Tim has a better playmakers game while Blake can play in more positions in a pinch..but both are ordinary.

If Tim is 10 times the player than Blake is than not only would he be wanted at Wigan but he'd be offered a few contracts in the NRL.

both are still without a club for next season.

Tim is 10 times the player and has proven it, take away his personal dramas etc and he would still be in first grade here. Tim has led the NRL in try assists, won rookie of the year, led our side to two Major prelim finals, the only thing Blake led for us was our reserve grade side as well as Cronulla's. I've seen many players struggle to adapt to the ESL - Barrett, Riddell, Langer etc.

Blake simply is crap, Tim is playing crap but atleast has ability.

ElectricEel

Juniors
yeah and we should sign him right away before we get into a bidding war for him later on...lol

seriously though what would you get out of a bloke who's no longer wanted by his own English club when other players like Daniel Holdsworth, eddie Paea, Blake Green and Matt Head are also available???

If Anderson wants Smith that much he would of been signed by now but at the moment he'd be better off sitting back waiting for players to come to him because if they're all without an NRL contract by September than they'll be falling over each other to play for a doughnut and coke.

Youve lost me Stagger. Your comments seem contradictory. You said "we should sign him right away", then say "he'd be better off sitting back waiting".:?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
and that makes him 10 times better :lol:

he's proved jack in an inferior competition..don't try and justify it, he's proved nothing.

He's 10 times better, and has proven it, as i've said, i've seen plenty of quality players had to the ESL and turn crap, only to return and be stars again.

There is simply no comparison, one has led the NRL in try assists etc, the other one has never led anything apart from reserve grade appearences:lol:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Why do we need a alfback anyway? i was very impressed with KK before he got inured, i'd still be looking at another back and secondrower before anything.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Youve lost me Stagger. Your comments seem contradictory. You said "we should sign him right away", then say "he'd be better off sitting back waiting".:?

I'm as open minded about having him back as the next bloke but he's 55K player in a 25 man squad like the rest of the players I've mentioned and I also include Robson in that.

the way some people go on about it,, they'd throw 200k at him to come back..and if he is as good as some here claim than he would of signed a 150K deal with an NRL club yonks ago.

Stagger eel

Staff member
He's 10 times better, and has proven it, as i've said, i've seen plenty of quality players had to the ESL and turn crap, only to return and be stars again.

There is simply no comparison, one has led the NRL in try assists etc, the other one has never led anything apart from reserve grade appearences:lol:

keep justifying it and while you're at it why don't you re-has the old "John Williams is crap" arguement...lol

Stagger eel

Staff member
Why do we need a alfback anyway? i was very impressed with KK before he got inured, i'd still be looking at another back and secondrower before anything.

I'll repeat what I said on several threads again..

DA told me and others at the forum night that they are 4 positions left in the fulltime squad which he wants to fill with 55 to 75K players..and is willing to sit back and wait for the choices to come up.

he's looking at 2 halves (back ups for Morts and KK) a backrower and an outside back or centre.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
keep justifying it and while you're at it why don't you re-has the old "John Williams is crap" arguement...lol

He's crap, never rated him and wont, glad he's gone, so you would rather he then our current wingers would you? and that really isn't saying much:lol::p

Latest posts