What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

any more signings?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I'll repeat what I said on several threads again..

DA told me and others at the forum night that they are 4 positions left in the fulltime squad which he wants to fill with 55 to 75K players..and is willing to sit back and wait for the choices to come up.

he's looking at 2 halves (back ups for Morts and KK) a backrower and an outside back or centre.

aren't we just better off keeping Robson cheap if he isn't rigned by another club? and just perhaps, persist with what we have.

Bazal

Post Whore
yeah and we should sign him right away before we get into a bidding war for him later on...lol

seriously though what would you get out of a bloke who's no longer wanted by his own English club when other players like Daniel Holdsworth, eddie Paea, Blake Green and Matt Head are also available???

If Anderson wants Smith that much he would of been signed by now but at the moment he'd be better off sitting back waiting for players to come to him because if they're all without an NRL contract by September than they'll be falling over each other to play for a doughnut and coke.

To be perfectly honest, I'd rather sign Dutchy than the bolded players....But yeah, the rest is spot on. There are tonnes of players on the market, wait until they'll sign for anyone and anything and then wrap them up.

yeah and we should sign him right away before we get into a bidding war for him later on...lol

seriously though what would you get out of a bloke who's no longer wanted by his own English club when other players like Daniel Holdsworth, eddie Paea, Blake Green and Matt Head are also available???

If Anderson wants Smith that much he would of been signed by now but at the moment he'd be better off sitting back waiting for players to come to him because if they're all without an NRL contract by September than they'll be falling over each other to play for a doughnut and coke.

I hope we are offering them something more healthy that that sh*t.

Bazal

Post Whore
I as would most, take Tim over Blake in a heartbeat.
Blake Green is not up to NRL standard, everytime he plays he seems unable to perform to his best.

Blake is a very good player and I would take him over Tim and his issues for sure...have you seen how Sticky has treated and used him? Andrew Johns would suck nuts in that environment

salvy71

Juniors
Stagger, I've been following Tims progress in England closely, reading all the news there, following the wigan forum and watching the wigan match highlights.

Based on quotes from the coaching staff and from what the fans are saying he is definitely still wanted by Wigan, but they know he is homesick and wants to return to Australia so are not pursuing the issue.

And I would take Tim over all the players you have named, i know for a fact 100% that Tim DOES want to comeback to Parra if there was an offer for him.

The biggest problem with Tim Smith is that he's always homesick ...when he was here he was homesick for the Gold Coast ....in Britain he's now homesick for Australia .....like I've always said - he's a talent , but mentally he's a basket case and doesn't seem to ever improve .

IFR33K

Coach
Just my two bobs worth....

Without a doubt, out of all the halfbacks that have been mentioned, Tim Smith has been the most successful, probably the most gifted and talented and even with the most potential.... but dead set he is a nutter.

If he was mentally stable and can guarantee it, then i'll welcome him back in a heart beat. But, unfortunately I dont think that is the case, and believe he will be a liability.

I believe the management at the eels, have taken a step forward by getting rid of drunks like Smith, Ridell and Finch and reappointing these guys, or anyone like them, will be like taking 3 steps backward.

The Eels have clearly tried to clean up the image of their players, and hopefully this trend will continue.

Ron Jeremy

Coach

Without a doubt, out of all the halfbacks that have been mentioned, Tim Smith has been the most successful, probably the most gifted and talented and even with the most potential.... but dead set he is a nutter.

If he was mentally stable and can guarantee it, then i'll welcome him back in a heart beat. But, unfortunately I dont think that is the case, and believe he will be a liability.

I believe the management at the eels, have taken a step forward by getting rid of drunks like Smith, Ridell and Finch and reappointing these guys, or anyone like them, will be like taking 3 steps backward.

The Eels have clearly tried to clean up the image of their players, and hopefully this trend will continue.

I totally agree with your post, and for that reason i dont want Tim back, too much has happened and time to move on.

ElectricEel

Juniors
I'm as open minded about having him back as the next bloke but he's 55K player in a 25 man squad like the rest of the players I've mentioned and I also include Robson in that.

the way some people go on about it,, they'd throw 200k at him to come back..and if he is as good as some here claim than he would of signed a 150K deal with an NRL club yonks ago.

Fair comment. I remember how electrifying Smith was prior to his depression affecting him. The guy has natural talent, and if DA can bring that out, how good would it be.

But of course, its not a guarantee.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Great post, i agree 100%

hineyrulz

Post Whore
and if he wasn't? well that's were Fairleigh comes into the equation, just Fairleighs mere odour will turn half decent players crap:lol:
A couple of more more months and this cancer will be gone from our club, the poor Bears lol.

ElectricEel

Juniors

Tim Smith was released due to his Bipolar problem, not alcohol.

IFR33K

Coach
Tim Smith was released due to his Bipolar problem, not alcohol.

You believe that bipolar bullsh*t....

All of Tim Smiths problems were related to alcohol. He was ordered to stay off the drink, or lose his contract, and within 2 or 3 weeks was on the piss again.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Bipolar is legit imo, however his problem was using alcohol to cover up and help his problem, thats where it all went wrong.

Hellsy

Immortal
I'd like to know how ANY of us can say EXACTLY the reason since NONE of us KNOW!!!!!!

Bazal

Post Whore
You believe that bipolar bullsh*t....

All of Tim Smiths problems were related to alcohol. He was ordered to stay off the drink, or lose his contract, and within 2 or 3 weeks was on the piss again.

What a shock, another tool with no idea about the condition he's ridiculing...

Stagger eel

Staff member
aren't we just better off keeping Robson cheap if he isn't rigned by another club? and just perhaps, persist with what we have.

well we definitely need a back up half back and for a back up half, Robson has been terrific imo, so yes I wouldn't mind holding on to him.

Latest posts