What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

any more signings?

IFR33K

Coach
What a shock, another tool with no idea about the condition he's ridiculing...

And you really believe he had a problem.... Fu*k me dead, the guy recovered pretty quickly once he scored a contract overseas.

You think I'm a tool for saying I believe his problem was that he didn't know how to drink in moderation.

I wonder how many others believe he had a drinking problem... as well as many others in the NRL

Stagger eel

Staff member
And you really believe he had a problem.... Fu*k me dead, the guy recovered pretty quickly once he scored a contract overseas.

You think I'm a tool for saying I believe his problem was that he didn't know how to drink in moderation.

I wonder how many others believe he had a drinking problem... as well as many others in the NRL

without going into detail I can tell you that when Fitzgerald told media in a press conference that Smith was Bi polar he wasn't bullsh*tting.

btw, for the record Smith was granted a release after he asked for one.

Tin Man 4.24

Juniors
Just on what stagger said,matt head may just be the one he was talking about.. looking for a fresh start?
How many fresh starts does one guy need? Granted, Head's not the worst option, but I wouldn't be paying him any more than the aforementioned coke and a doughnut. (Maybe throw in the occasional chocolate eclair if he had a particularly good game.)

IFR33K

Coach
without going into detail I can tell you that when Fitzgerald told media in a press conference that Smith was Bi polar he wasn't bullsh*tting.

btw, for the record Smith was granted a release after he asked for one.

His contract was always going to be torn up.

He was on his last chance, on at least 2 occasions.

Stagger eel

Staff member
His contract was always going to be torn up.

He was on his last chance, on at least 2 occasions.

well the fact remains that it wasn't torn up, he was granted a release upon request and no one's hidng from the fact that he had major issues to deal with.

Bazal

Post Whore

Yup...clearly you have no idea

I've struggled with a similar condition, I understand it. You clearly are one of those who reckons it's just another excuse for bad behaviour. Essentially, you're an idiot.

big boppa eel

Juniors
I would love to see Blake Green back at Parra, I have heard he misses it at our club. Why do people keep wanting Tim back, personally I dont have anything against Tim but with the problems he has had in the past I would rather he not come back. From all the reports from England he hasnt changed very much, I dont think we need anymore of the bad publicity we have had in the past few years.
A BIG no, dont think we need either of them.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
With the old brigade of Ray Price, Brett Kenny, possibly Peter Sterling, etc coming back in fore and Paul Osborne on side, Tim Smith will more than likely be brought back under their wings. Don't be surprised the old boys will have something to do with influencing DA, particularly PO, in resigning Tim. Tim Smith was too easily led/influenced by the heavy drink squad. Now this negative heavy-drink influence has gone.

Free of alcohol, nurtured by true-loving wise men and women like PO, with a strong work hard play smart, be positive ethic, Timmy will be instrumental in winning a few premierships for the eels in this family environment. He knows where the seagulls are, where the try line is, has great vision all over the park and has the natural skill to dismantle any defence.

Timmy could be the missing link for the eels to get back into the top 4 next year, if not win the premiership as well.

I like Timmy and so does Jack and many others behind the scene. Timmy has a very good heart. He just needed time to sort his head out. The infrastructure (the nurturing environment) is now quickly growing into place. This can only help Timmy blossom. No one has seen the best in Timmy yet. Kris Keating, Daniel Mortimer, Nathan Hindmarsh, Jarred Hayne, Kristian Inu, Mateo & others will all benefit tremendously from Timmy on the park. Look at late 2007.

Timmy Smith with the Eels 2010 onwards:thumb
Boooo Casper;-)

Last edited:

Craig Johnston

First Grade
except some of the old brigade have publicly stated that they DON'T want smith at the club.

but i suppose making sh*t up helps some people keep believing in the dream.......

stuke

Bench
many believe that Tim was unable to cope with the pressure and expectations that come associated with the halfback position at Parra, comparisons to Sterling and being away from his family support network.

what has changed, apart from the added pressure of returning to a club that he has had major issues at before?

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
With the old brigade of Ray Price, Brett Kenny, possibly Peter Sterling, etc coming back in fore and Paul Osborne on side, Tim Smith will more than likely be brought back under their wings. Don't be surprised the old boys will have something to do with influencing DA, particularly PO, in resigning Tim. Tim Smith was too easily led/influenced by the heavy drink squad. Now this negative heavy-drink influence has gone.

Free of alcohol, nurtured by true-loving wise men and women like PO, with a strong work hard play smart, be positive ethic, Timmy will be instrumental in winning a few premierships for the eels in this family environment. He knows where the seagulls are, where the try line is, has great vision all over the park and has the natural skill to dismantle any defence.

Timmy could be the missing link for the eels to get back into the top 4 next year, if not win the premiership as well.

I like Timmy and so does Jack and many others behind the scene. Timmy has a very good heart. He just needed time to sort his head out. The infrastructure (the nurturing environment) is now quickly growing into place. This can only help Timmy blossom. No one has seen the best in Timmy yet. Kris Keating, Daniel Mortimer, Nathan Hindmarsh, Jarred Hayne, Kristian Inu, Mateo & others will all benefit tremendously from Timmy on the park. Look at late 2007.

Timmy Smith with the Eels 2010 onwards:thumb
Boooo Casper;-)

Geeeeeeees....... Is that Tim Smith I can see in the distance!!!!!!!!
binoculars.jpg

And whose that talking to Tim Smith??????
r170439_639413.jpg

Boooooooooooooooo Casper;-)

FUIFUI_MOIMOI

Juniors
Tim Smith to replace Robson as backup half. It's all coming together. Robson will take the deal in the UK and Smith will attempt to resurrect his career at the eels.

lewiscook

Juniors
Ozzie has said no and im assuming that was after consulting DA.
i can only see this as a possibility that Tim will come back to Parra if he costs less then Robson who may have scored a good deal in the UK?

Tbh I am a tim smith fan but he was the past and i doubt highly will ahve anything to do with our future.

FUIFUI_MOIMOI

Juniors
Ozzie has said no and im assuming that was after consulting DA.
i can only see this as a possibility that Tim will come back to Parra if he costs less then Robson who may have scored a good deal in the UK?

Tbh I am a tim smith fan but he was the past and i doubt highly will ahve anything to do with our future.

I wouldn't read into that too much. If Robson goes and Tim smith wants to come back for little cash, I highly doubt Osbourne will say no.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I wouldn't read into that too much. If Robson goes and Tim smith wants to come back for little cash, I highly doubt Osbourne will say no.

Ossie wants to rebuild the culture at Parramatta. Perhaps Tim wouldn't quite fit that mould...That's a reason why he may say no.

All speculative, of course.

Latest posts