What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

any more signings?

IFR33K

Coach
Serious question...are you a child, have you only just started following us this season, or have you until recently lived under a bridge with a shopping trolley as your only means of vehicular conveyance?

Like I told you before. Come and suck my c*ck.

I want to see logic behind your statement. Is that a crime.

Bazal

Post Whore
Like I told you before. Come and suck my c*ck.

I want to see logic behind your statement. Is that a crime.

Ok...how about his various alcohol related indiscretions? How about reportedly biting a chick in a bar? How about getting himself in to a situation where he could not only have caused an incident but been shot dead? How about breaking the clubs ban on players going to the Cross and pissing it up not a week after it was imposed? How about diving? Is that enough of a reason for you?

Also, your predilection for activities involving me and your genitals is rather flattering, but I'm afraid I don't bat for that side...

IFR33K

Coach
Ok...how about his various alcohol related indiscretions? How about reportedly biting a chick in a bar? How about getting himself in to a situation where he could not only have caused an incident but been shot dead? How about breaking the clubs ban on players going to the Cross and pissing it up not a week after it was imposed? How about diving? Is that enough of a reason for you?

Also, your predilection for activities involving me and your genitals is rather flattering, but I'm afraid I don't bat for that side...

So if some merkin shot at Jarryd Hayne, its his fault. If I recall correctly, Gasnier was the one that had a scuffle with the alleged shooter.

Was any action taken against the biting incident????

And the diving. If its the Sam Thiaday incident, Hayne was out before he hit the ground.

Bazal

Post Whore
So if some merkin shot at Jarryd Hayne, its his fault. If I recall correctly, Gasnier was the one that had a scuffle with the alleged shooter.

Was any action taken against the biting incident????

And the diving. If its the Sam Thiaday incident, Hayne was out before he hit the ground.

And thus, my original point is proven...one rule for one, one for another. If you believe Tim Smith is a dickhead, then quite simply from his track record Hayne is too...

IFR33K

Coach
And thus, my original point is proven...one rule for one, one for another. If you believe Tim Smith is a dickhead, then quite simply from his track record Hayne is too...

Wipe that brown stuff, on the side of your mouth, I think its sh*t.

TS isnt a dickhead, his culture dosnt suit that of the Parramatta Eels. His culture would be more suited to that of a pub team. Bi polar or no bi polar, he will send out a bad vide, to the rest of the squad.

BTW, why do you keep making a case for him, and keep bringing him up.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
I agree with alot of what you have said but....
Is this actually going to happen? are Parra bringing him back?
Or is this just what direction you wont the club to take? (wishful thinking)

In other words: is the club talking to Tim Smith atm about a return to Parra if he proves to have gotten himself together? and his life back on track?

There are others more in the know than me. If they feel inclined they will post some news in this forum in the near future.

Lets see what comes!!!

Yes, I am focused on Timmy coming back. There are others with influence still believing in Tim and want him back as well. Have already posted much on this subject in this forum back in June/July 2009.

Booooooooooo Casper
icon7.gif

Bazal

Post Whore
Wipe that brown stuff, on the side of your mouth, I think its sh*t.

TS isnt a dickhead, his culture dosnt suit that of the Parramatta Eels. His culture would be more suited to that of a pub team. Bi polar or no bi polar, he will send out a bad vide, to the rest of the squad.

BTW, why do you keep making a case for him, and keep bringing him up.

Perhaps you should heed your own advice champ...I didn't direct anything at you until you questioned my post, and I didn't bring Tim Smith up in the first place. Can you actually read, or do you just recognise a few letters and go with the general gist of it?

hindy111

Post Whore
As good as robson and mortimer are going they still arent putting guys into holes,throwing cut out passes etc.....
I personaly see mortimer as a 5/8 robson going to esl and kk a number 9 or impact player(jsut dont see him as organiser )

yy_cheng

Coach
As good as robson and mortimer are going they still arent putting guys into holes,throwing cut out passes etc.....
I personaly see mortimer as a 5/8 robson going to esl and kk a number 9 or impact player(jsut dont see him as organiser )

The thing is Hayne is doing that. Hayne throws really nice left to right and right to lefts.

One to Grothe and another to INU.

He should be 5/8th ala Fittler next year.
He kicks 40/20s, he takes last tackle plays, he chips and regathers, he runs, he sets up players.

Last player who did not who was not in the halves was lockyer at fullback and look where he ended up.

I am a Tim Smith fan but my only worry is his defence. Robson and Morts are very good in defence for halves.

Western_Eel

Juniors
Agree, i would like
6-Morts
7-Timmy
9-KK
With the other K off the bench as a Utility

Western_Eel

Juniors
The thing is Hayne is doing that. Hayne throws really nice left to right and right to lefts.

One to Grothe and another to INU.

He should be 5/8th ala Fittler next year.
He kicks 40/20s, he takes last tackle plays, he chips and regathers, he runs, he sets up players.

Last player who did not who was not in the halves was lockyer at fullback and look where he ended up.

I am a Tim Smith fan but my only worry is his defence. Robson and Morts are very good in defence for halves.
We already tried hayne at 5/8 and it didnt work and probably never will, it was to much pressure for him and he likes to pick when he comes into each set, Plus it seams to be working now so why would you move him, he cant get any better then now anyway!

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
We already tried hayne at 5/8 and it didnt work and probably never will, it was to much pressure for him and he likes to pick when he comes into each set, Plus it seams to be working now so why would you move him, he cant get any better then now anyway!

It took Darren Lockyer a good solid year to adjust to five eight. Jarryd could make it at five eight, but unfortuantly Parra just arent in a situation where we can afford to move him from fullback.

yy_cheng

Coach
It took Darren Lockyer a good solid year to adjust to five eight. Jarryd could make it at five eight, but unfortuantly Parra just arent in a situation where we can afford to move him from fullback.

Unless we win the comp this year.

I will bet he will have a stint at 5/8th in the trials next year.

You always read in the papers, well 2nd game, that during the match DA tells Hayne to get his hands on the ball more. He has more confidence now than when we tried him early this year.

Look, I am not talking about THIS YEAR.

caylo

Bench
Unless we win the comp this year.

I will bet he will have a stint at 5/8th in the trials next year.

You always read in the papers, well 2nd game, that during the match DA tells Hayne to get his hands on the ball more. He has more confidence now than when we tried him early this year.

Look, I am not talking about THIS YEAR.

I know your not talking about this year but atm our players in the 6&7 are better then the players that you would bring in the backline to fill the holes left by hayne (Etu and Wright).

Now that will Tahu being here next year It could be conceivable that Hayne could be moved into the 6 and it would be who our of Burt in the #1 or KK in the halves (and I lean towards KK in the halves).

I would suggest that Hayne will stay in at the back as long as he likes or until his pace drops. You must remember you do lose alot of Jarryd running game from #1 if his moved out of the fullback role, he wont be able to role his sleeves up and do as much hitup work, you lose his reliability under the high ball and his positional play plus not to mention his defence from the back (how many tries has Hayne let in from long break - he always makes the tackle 1 on 1)

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Agree, i would like
6-Morts
7-Timmy
9-KK
With the other K off the bench as a Utility

I feel that Jarryd should stay at fullback until he loses some of his explosive pace, that being in 5 to 8 years time (assuming he stays with the Eels). He is a feeler so lets leave him to roam freely out the back and pop up as a 1st/2nd receiver whenever he feels it or when DA kicks him up the arse. He will be much harder to predict and contain playing as he does from fullback than as a 6. He already is a more consistent (greater) player getting results from/at fullback than Darren Lockyer ever was and he will only get better and better consistently year after year if he stays accustomed to this roaming roll (1 to 6) he plays so well.

All DA needs now is an even more powerful pulverizing front-line which he will have 2010 onwards. Getting a brilliant organizer at 7 will be the creme and icing on this cake. Timmy and Jarryd already know each others game very well and they will bring the best out of each other over the years to come and even more than this, Timmy will enjoy having Jarryd calling for the ball at unexpected times during a game.

Timmy's personality is not aggressive and greedy like Thurston's and having Jarryd calling for the ball every now and then gives Timmy a break to regroup and feel the defensive weaknesses in front of him. Timmy is another feeler but works better than Jarryd consistently on the front-line of attack. And visa versa Jarryd needs breaks by dropping back to Fullback to begin feeling the next explosive move. Together they can breathe in breathe out, breathe in breathe out, breathe in breathe out... WOW WOW WOW........

And Mortimer, if he stays with the Eels, well he can stay on the front-line of attack for 80 minutes + be a fast defensive sweeper cleaning up any breaks around the fringes and with Jarryd, can race down and tackle players over the sideline like his great uncle did for so many years.

Boooooooooooooo Casper
icon7.gif

yy_cheng

Coach
I know your not talking about this year but atm our players in the 6&7 are better then the players that you would bring in the backline to fill the holes left by hayne (Etu and Wright).

Now that will Tahu being here next year It could be conceivable that Hayne could be moved into the 6 and it would be who our of Burt in the #1 or KK in the halves (and I lean towards KK in the halves).

I would suggest that Hayne will stay in at the back as long as he likes or until his pace drops. You must remember you do lose alot of Jarryd running game from #1 if his moved out of the fullback role, he wont be able to role his sleeves up and do as much hitup work, you lose his reliability under the high ball and his positional play plus not to mention his defence from the back (how many tries has Hayne let in from long break - he always makes the tackle 1 on 1)

you make a very good point in regards to defense. I don't think Burt has the defense. INU might though.

He has the skills of fittler, daley, lockyer and where did they all end up playing?

At 6, he actually has to be fitter and he has less time than at fullback. But I just think he is capable.

I am still concerned about Morts and KK.

KK has had a handful of games at 7 albeit promising.

Morts has been targetted in defense but has not been really pressured in attack and he is still very very young.

I very much agree that Hayne is killing it at fb. But if we don't win the comp this year. We needs something more. Yes we get Tahu but who is giving good ball to INU this year? HAYNE.

Latest posts