What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

any more signings?

hindy111

Post Whore
Id be happy : ) I remember what i was like at 21 and 22.By the time i was 24 i was like man i was a d$% head...
If people on here think no more chances than think back when you where young-There is a HUGE difference between 22 and 24 IMO

FUIFUI_MOIMOI

Juniors
Id be happy : ) I remember what i was like at 21 and 22.By the time i was 24 i was like man i was a d$% head...
If people on here think no more chances than think back when you where young-There is a HUGE difference between 22 and 24 IMO

100% correct mate. Shame other's on here are too thick to look at it the same way.

hindy111

Post Whore
i used to drink till 6 am age 18-21 than i slowed down-By 24 i nearly stopped.But you look back now and think geez i was dumb.Ha im only 28 now but i can see the mistakes i made and each year you learn from them......
I guess some people are angels and some people are fun:)

yy_cheng

Coach
Yeah, because the people who would rather stick it out with KK and Morts are thick.

:roll:

But Ele, it is for backup and for $55k. Morts and KK haven't really secured the halves position that safely. And for Morts, there is 2nd year syndrome plus the other teams probably haven't spent the time to work him out yet.

If we get the Humble guy then there is no need for Smith.

As backup, you could say we have Mateo and possibly Burt, Reddy and Hayne as 5/8th or halfback.

Are these guys ready?

TOYOTA CUP :
6. Jaydin TAVITA 7. TK AMOSA

NSW CUP : WENTWORTHVILLE MAGPIES V BALMAIN-RYDE
6. Mark O'GRADY 7. James GREHAN

The thing is, who do you get for $55K if that is even too little for Robson?

fanaticeel

Juniors
Gee how did a thread on signings end up being about Tim Smith and his Bi Polar disorder.

For those who may interested:

There are predominately 2 Bi Polar Disorders, funnily enough they are Bi Polar I and Bi Polar II.

Ok bear with me those that have stayed.

Bi Polar I generally leads to people thinking they are people of great note and worth either of this earth or above it. Think God, the President of the USA (well it was an american study) Jesus Christ. People with this form of Bi Polar rarely do anything to excess though usually the thoughts build until they basically implode with the thought they are God, Jesus etc They think they can cure the world of its ills.

It is generally considered easier to diagnose at the patient usually has an incredible high and "loses it"

Bi Polar II is actually much more insideous in that it is generally covered up by behaviours that are reckless ie excessive alcohol, risky behaviours (such as drug taking) and people believe that the person with the disorder are "risk takers" though they are also usually exceedingly high performers. Their condition demands it of them and they will usually burn exceedingly bright with an insatiable appetite to do stuff. Think being on speed without the speed!

Both conditions can be managed, generally by mood control medications such as lithium and Risperdal for "extreme thoughts"

Doctor Fanatic signing off....

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Gee how did a thread on signings end up being about Tim Smith and his Bi Polar disorder.

For those who may interested:

There are predominately 2 Bi Polar Disorders, funnily enough they are Bi Polar I and Bi Polar II.

Ok bear with me those that have stayed.

Bi Polar I generally leads to people thinking they are people of great note and worth either of this earth or above it. Think God, the President of the USA (well it was an american study) Jesus Christ. People with this form of Bi Polar rarely do anything to excess though usually the thoughts build until they basically implode with the thought they are God, Jesus etc They think they can cure the world of its ills.

It is generally considered easier to diagnose at the patient usually has an incredible high and "loses it"

Bi Polar II is actually much more insideous in that it is generally covered up by behaviours that are reckless ie excessive alcohol, risky behaviours (such as drug taking) and people believe that the person with the disorder are "risk takers" though they are also usually exceedingly high performers. Their condition demands it of them and they will usually burn exceedingly bright with an insatiable appetite to do stuff. Think being on speed without the speed!

Both conditions can be managed, generally by mood control medications such as lithium and Risperdal for "extreme thoughts"

Doctor Fanatic signing off....

Where did anyone say (since this thread was bumped) anything about Bipolar disorder?

ROGUE

Juniors

Yeah two years!

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Alright Casper, spill it

What do you mean by this, Casper? I need an explanation!

Lets see what comes! It appears that if Tim does come back to the Eels he will rebuild his whole life, his physical body and his awesome array of freakish skills while playing with Wenty/Bundy etc until DA feels he is ready and boy.......... watch out everyone when that day comes because he will bring out the best of Timmy 2005 and 2007 + so much more consistently. If Timmy sorts everything out, there is at least 6 good years at the top level in the NRL.

Lots of variables in the air and DA & PO need to cover all bases just in case...

Mortimer to Canterbury???
Mortimer second year syndrome???
Kris Keating injuries (he appears to be injury prone)
Kris Keating is he really a 6 or a 9 or a 14?????
Jeff Robson... will he leave for bigger $$$ or will he stay for less in 2010 and get a bigger pay packet 2011/2012???
Jarryd Hayne.... what if he leaves end of 2010 or 2011/2012?????

DA needs a brilliant organiser playing 7 (& 6 when required).... can any of the above become one consistently????

Jeff Robson can but what about the $$$$$$$??????

Timmy has proven over and over again that HE IS A BRILLIANT ORGANISER with a fantastic array of passing and kicking skills, both short and long, high and low. With Timmy's head sorted out (think about Jarryd Hayne 2008/early 2009) and a much stronger physical body (inc shoulders) Timmy offers DA & PO a present cheap option safety valve in case ALL of the above fail to mature as brilliant organisers or have left the club. And besides having Timmy playing behind the scenes in Wenty/Bundy etc will keep all of the above on their toes week after week. And Timmy will be of great help (with Sterling & Joey) for Mortimer, the Keatings, Robson & Hayne.

How fortunate all Eels fans are to have DA & PO on board this ship of great success sailing on the seas of the Eels Golden Age for many many years to come.

If Robson leaves, I feel that a Smith & Mortimer combo (they can switch between 6 & 7 during a game as many times they feel they should + Hayne chipping in as 1st/2nd receiver whenever he calls for the ball) will be the way forward long-term if Mortimer stays.

Just so many variables of uncertainty hanging around and getting Timmy back cheap at first is a VERY VERY VERY GOOD IDEA.

Booooooooooooo Casper
icon7.gif

Last edited:

lewiscook

Juniors
Lets see what comes! It appears that if Tim does come back to the Eels he will rebuild his whole life, his physical body and his awesome aray of freakish skills while playing with Wenty/Bundy etc until DA feels he is ready and boy.......... watch out everyone when that day comes because he will bring out the best of Timmy 2005 and 2007 + so much more consistently. If Timmy sorts everything out, there is at least 6 good years at the top level in the NRL.

Lots of variables in the air and DA & PO need to cover all bases just in case...

Jeff Robson... will he leave for bigger $$$ or will he stay for less in 2010 and get a bigger pay packet 2011/2012???

DA needs a brilliant organiser playing 7 (& 6 when required).... can any of the above become one consistently????

Jeff Robson can but what about the $$$$$$$??????

Timmy has proven over and over again that HE IS A BRLIIANT ORGANISER with a fantastic aray of passing and kicking skills, both short and long, high and low. With Timmy's head sorted out (think about Jarryd Hayne 2008/early 2009) and a much stronger physical body (inc shoulders) Timmy offers DA & PO a present cheap option safety valve in case ALL of the above fail to mature as brilliant organisers or have left the club. And besides having Timmy playing behind the scenes in Wenty/Bundy etc will keep all of the above on their toes week after week. And Timmy will be of great help (with Sterling & Joey) for Mortimer, the Keatings, Robson & Hayne.

How fortunate all Eels fans are to have DA & PO on board this ship of great success sailing on the seas of the Eels Golden Age for many many years to come.

If Robson leaves, I feel that a Smith & Mortimer combo (they can switch between 6 & 7 during a game as many times they feel they should + Hayne chipping in as 1st/2nd receiver whenever he calls for the ball) will be the way forward long-term if Mortimer stays.

Just so many variables of uncertainty hanging around and getting Timmy back chaeap at first is a VERY VERY VERY GOOD IDEA.

Booooooooooooo Casper
icon7.gif

I agree with alot of what you have said but....
Is this actually going to happen? are Parra bringing him back?
Or is this just what direction you wont the club to take? (wishful thinking)

In other words: is the club talking to Tim Smith atm about a return to Parra if he proves to have gotten himself together? and his life back on track?

IFR33K

Coach
Lets see what comes! It appears that if Tim does come back to the Eels he will rebuild his whole life, his physical body and his awesome aray of freakish skills while playing with Wenty/Bundy etc until DA feels he is ready and boy.......... watch out everyone when that day comes because he will bring out the best of Timmy 2005 and 2007 + so much more consistently. If Timmy sorts everything out, there is at least 6 good years at the top level in the NRL.

[/
icon7.gif
QUOTE]

You've certainly have thrown a few scenarios together, but you sure are jumping the gun, don't you think????

The one scenario you havent mentioned is TS=nutter=failure.

Bazal

Post Whore
How did you determine Jarryd Hayne is a dick head??????

Serious question...are you a child, have you only just started following us this season, or have you until recently lived under a bridge with a shopping trolley as your only means of vehicular conveyance?

Latest posts