What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any NRL Players that used to go to your School?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Wade McKinnon (only there for one year)
Heath Le Strange
Shane Rodney
Feleti Mateo (tall bloke playing in PL this sunday)
Steve Meredith (played one game for the Roosters this year)

crusader-eel

Juniors
Wade McKinnon
Shane Rodney
Heath LeStrange

They went to my kid's high school, Terra Sancta.

Gary Freeman's son is in my daughter's class and is quite a handy player already.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Mark Meredith, used to play for Souths, Wests Tigers, now playing in Qld cup, also played for Terra.

innsaneink

Referee
Munky said:
Luke Dyer who played one first grade game back in 2004 attended Winmalee Public School.

Matt Forwood who will be carving up on Sunday in Jersey Flegg went there aswell.

My old gf lived there and went to school there, her grandpa owns the bus company round the mountains and west there...theyre loaded, absolutely rollin in it.. shoulda married her. :(

simon says

First Grade
RoostarGirl said:
Tim Brasher....JPII (it was called back then) I'm showing my age.

I thought Brasher went to Ashfield High???

I know he played juniors for Burwood United,cos he was in the grade below me.

But I have this recollection of him playing in the GF for Balmain in 88 and being photographed at Ahsfield in the grey outfit???

Ink might now this having gone there.

HoLLuS

Juniors
Mark Gasnier went to my primary school.

....I went to an all-girls school for high school so obviously none there.

innsaneink

Referee
simon says said:
I thought Brasher went to Ashfield High???

I know he played juniors for Burwood United,cos he was in the grade below me.

But I have this recollection of him playing in the GF for Balmain in 88 and being photographed at Ahsfield in the grey outfit???

Ink might now this having gone there.

No, I think he went to that catholic school (christian Bros burwood?) near where KFC used to be on Parra rd at Concord, up from Burwood park...Im pretty sure.

Red Bear

Referee
Not that i know of, although it is a selective high school.

A couple from my Primary school might go a fair way in league or union.

Tizzun

Juniors
For Merrylands High I only know of Jason Bell who played for Parra and Wests.

Would like to know of any more if anyone knows...

mxlegend99

Referee
Craig Gower is the only one i'm confident went to my high school... a few years before i did.

Also, Junior Moors who will probably make it next year in the NRL, i went to school with him for about 6 or 7 years. Was in a few of his classes also :)

Went to school with Tony and Frank Puletua's brother Toohey, so there's a chance they also attended my High School :)

legend

Coach
Moffo said:
and they still couldn't beat Freeman :lol:

Didn't Turvey go there as well?

Freeman weren't around back in the early days and there is a difference between MCS and Commonwealth Cup Moffo. ;-)

I read that someone said Greg Alexander went to St Dominics and that is untrue. Alexander finished at Fairfield in 1983 in year 12.

I also left out Justin Morgan and Garren Casey.:sarcasm:

freeridermx

Juniors
matt king he was a few year a head of me that was a primary
jarrod taylor, and jacob selmes at the sharks both went to my high school when i was there . also brett firman but not when i was there .

Latest posts