What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any player ever looked genuinely scared?

bluesbreaker

Bench
Yeah he can write about how PJ Marsh came in and held his arms back while Campion "the hero" levelled him.

Then again, I doubt Webcke would've been able to take him. Who remembers State of Origin 2 2003?

:roll: Excuses excuses. if you watch the footage, the punch is on its way as whoever it is grabs Webcke. Either way, he was gonna get flattened like the cat he is.

Ryan

Juniors
Michael Bani looks scared whenever he has to run the ball forward, or whenever he has to make a tackle. He needs a red hot Matai blood injection - post haste !

Eelementary

Post Whore
Josh 'cat' Perry being offered to finish it up in the car park after the game by either big Kylie or Solomon Haumona.

MG would've punched 12 shades of sh*t out of Wally Lewis. Would've been great.

You're probably right. But I, for one, was impressed that The King didn't back down from the Man Mountain.

Canard

Immortal
For all MG bluster I dont think the bloke ever got into a fight once in his entire League career.

Wally was a tough bastard, I remember him backing down at hooker in a scrum for the Gold Coast against the Bulldogs Joe Thomas, and Thomas came back out of the scrum with a face like he had been in a car accident.

Cranky

Juniors
I can't remember the year but it was during origin time at Olympic Park Storm v Broncs both missing a heap of talent to state duties.

A bit of a scuffle starts during which a young Lote tuqiri comes from the back of the pack and throws a sneaky one in that he had no right throwing. Danny Williams, who is half psycotic at the best of times, really tries his best to get hold of the big winger. He's eyes have gone crazy and his mates and some Broncs are holding him back.

Tuqiri absolutely sh*t his britches that day. It probably won us the match too with lote losing his confidence completely knocking on and dropping high balls for the rest of the arvo.
He was still just a big, raw kid at the time and ol' Danny boy really put him back in his box.

Also, every time I hear the Slate/Skando thing it gets better. Skando had hold of Billy's leg trying to slow the play the ball, Slater kicked out with his free leg and collected Skando's head. A sh*t act but hardly the violent stomping that some hear would have folk believe.

RufusRex

Post Whore
Also, every time I hear the Slate/Skando thing it gets better. Skando had hold of Billy's leg trying to slow the play the ball, Slater kicked out with his free leg and collected Skando's head. A sh*t act but hardly the violent stomping that some hear would have folk believe.

I think you are wrong ... yes skandalis had a hold of him .. but slater looks back sees where skandalis was and then stomps him ... If Slater hadnt taken the time to look at where Skandos head was then i might agree with you but he looked first then lashed out.

I was lucky enough to have a chat with MG at a corporate function where he was the keynote speaker. I mentioned that I had a picture of that standoff between he and Wally at home and asked him about it. Funnily enough, he said that when it all kicked off, he was so fired up he wanted to smash Wally, then he had a second to think about it and realised that it was Wally Lewis he was squaring up with and he said he'd never been more worried that a fight was about to kick off in his life. In the end he was genuinely greatful that a fight didn't eventuate because he was scared sh*tless of Wally Lewis.

True story.

When I said that he had Wally for size and that he probably would have smashed him, he said to me that he genuinely wasn't sure. He rated Wally Lewis as one of the hardest blokes he'd ever met and MG was half concerned that he would do much more than just hold his own. In the end MG was happy with the result because it gave him a lot of street cred standing up to Wally Lewis but he was genuinely sh*tting himself on the inside.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I was lucky enough to have a chat with MG at a corporate function where he was the keynote speaker. I mentioned that I had a picture of that standoff between he and Wally at home and asked him about it. Funnily enough, he said that when it all kicked off, he was so fired up he wanted to smash Wally, then he had a second to think about it and realised that it was Wally Lewis he was squaring up with and he said he'd never been more worried that a fight was about to kick off in his life. In the end he was genuinely greatful that a fight didn't eventuate because he was scared sh*tless of Wally Lewis.

True story.

When I said that he had Wally for size and that he probably would have smashed him, he said to me that he genuinely wasn't sure. He rated Wally Lewis as one of the hardest blokes he'd ever met and MG was half concerned that he would do much more than just hold his own. In the end MG was happy with the result because it gave him a lot of street cred standing up to Wally Lewis but he was genuinely sh*tting himself on the inside.

Nice story.

Nice story.

Gave me a lot of respect for both Wally and MG actually. MG, for those who haven't met him, is just about the biggest bloke you'll ever meet. The only person I've ever met who I reckon had him for size, is Ian Roberts, but I met him when I was younger so I'm not sure if there is some bias there.

Anyway, for a bloke that big to admit that he was packing sh*t when aiming up to anyone, made me respect him and for Wally Lewis to inspire that sort of fear in MG makes me think that he must be a real hard bastard, because he is not the biggest bloke in the world. I can't imagine that too many people would have MG second guessing as to his ability to punch seven shades of sh*t out of them but Wally sure did.

Macca616

Juniors
This is a little off topic but just on MG's character I emailed him out of the blue last year to ask him to give up his time to give a talk to some year 10 students. He didn't know me but emailed back quickly and was only too happy to help - all for free. Impressive.

JB

Juniors
Dont think it was quite terror. But Steve Reardon quickly realized he had bitten off more than he could chew when Monty Beetham proceeded to open a can of whoop ass on him.

Matthew Ridge in his rugby days with 3 Fijian forwards chasing him down a 100m track sideline in a match in Suva. Never a noted speedster, but he opened up that day.

Perth Red

Post Whore
This player looks like a new pair of shorts is needed!

brawl2.jpg

Latest posts