What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anybody Got Rugby League 2 Yet??

sunny said:
might get a bootlegged or a burned copy, by the sounds of it it's not worth the money to buy normally.

You're a tool. Buy a normal copy, otherwise how else will they get the money to improve the franchise in the future?

Mario

Juniors
sunny said:
might get a bootlegged or a burned copy, by the sounds of it it's not worth the money to buy normally.

Someone remind me to never, ever take any kind of feedback from this guy.

just thought id say that the county of origin thing is awesome, a good little bonus for the fans of esl, it was also good for a custom comp: QLD, NSW, NZ, Yorkshire, Lancashire. i was QLD and i lost to NZ in the final.

No Greg Inglis in the game was wierd, but the custom players bit fixed that.

there is no way to play a franchise with souths. i always get sacked because i always lose money.

I made myself in the game and i look exactly like shannon noll.

Odium

Juniors
Censorship! I want my say, don't censor me because you disagree. Good too see Nazism back on League Unlimted. SIEG HEIL! Either that or Sidhe are running the forum and my post crashed.

Jono078

Referee
After reading someone say read some of marios posts, I came across this thread..

Interesting how many people liked the game at first, would be good to see what they think of the game now?

For me, I cant stand it, unplayable it is for me.

Big Pete

Referee
It's possibly still my most played game. As much as people say it's crap, I still find some fun in it. Whenever I seem to lose interest and get annoyed with the bugs, I'll leave it for a few days to a week then I go back to playing and seem to have some really good matches where the AI is up to speed or the game is being reasonable.

I'd love to see a Rugby League 3 though.

bartman

Immortal
It might just be me, but I never came across any "bugs" in RL2... not like RL1 where the ball would sometimes not return for the restart after kicking over the dead ball line.

What was buggy about this one, I still give it a bit of a play from time to time?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I would play it but ever since I installed Cricket 07 I've been unable to.

Big Pete

Referee
Bugs that I've encountered.

Players running into touch, or resting on the touchline. Forward passes as far forward as any being let go. Just some gameplay bugs that stop the game being a smooth experience. It's definatly an improvement over Rugby League, which I played again and realised it was 50% bugs, 50% skill to win matches, horrible.

aids

Bench
does anyone still do any modding?
and is it possible to add the titans into the comp without major hassles?

i really enjoyed rl2, played it a few months back on the pc with the ps2 controller.

the game has a few bugs, but i've seen worse.

bartman

Immortal
Big Pete said:
Bugs that I've encountered.

Players running into touch, or resting on the touchline. Forward passes as far forward as any being let go. Just some gameplay bugs that stop the game being a smooth experience. It's definatly an improvement over Rugby League, which I played again and realised it was 50% bugs, 50% skill to win matches, horrible.
Fair enough... I guess I was thinking i'd missed programing bugs, not elements of the gameplay that aren't to taste. I guess the forward pass thing just mirrors refereeing reality :lol:, but yeah the grid alignment re the touch lines sometimes results in daft gameplay actions. You're right, RL2 did take a step up from RL3, but the franchise mode to me seemed very underdeveloped for what is possible in the management side of things.

Thomas

First Grade
Easily one of the worst games I have played on the PS2. I hired a copy out to see what it was like and took it back 3 hours later.

Too many bugs.....and possibly the worst gameplay in a sports game.