What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tokerShark

Juniors
FTR...ima big Penn fan...just saying George would have a decent chance against him...maybe with another year or so in the UFC...

Also reading "why i fight" Penn's latest book and its really good.

I got his book about a week ago, awesome read so far.

Frailty

First Grade
Anyone headed to Homebush tonight to watch the XMMA Aus/NZ vs USA event?

Should be a good night, and hopefully I get to see Bobby Southworth's head get smashed in - and my mate Lucas destroy Daniel Cormier.

andrew057

First Grade
Good performance from Jones, hes such a beast. Id favour him over everyone at that weight except A. Silva.

Mateo Moi Moi

Juniors
Good performance from Jones, hes such a beast. Id favour him over everyone at that weight except A. Silva.

Bones Jones is light heavyweight isn't he? Not the same weight class as Silva? He would have some good tough competition in light heavyweight. Be interesting to see who they put him up against next.

andrew057

First Grade
Yeah different weight classes at the moment but Silva has fought at 205. Id favour Jones against fighters like Thiago Silva, Griffin, Rampage and probably Evans at this stage.

Jono078

Referee
Jones looked a little nervous in that fight but as soon as he pulled off the spinning kick he got settled in and controlled the fight from there.

Gomi - WOW! That was nuts!

Mateo Moi Moi

Juniors
Id like to see Bones vs Griffin.

Me too. Forrest is one tough fighter and might not be exciting or flashy as Bones but could see Forrest pushing him three rounds easily.

Jones v Rampage would be good fight too I reckon. Bones is a little flash and I don't think Rampage would like that too much.

shiznit

Coach
Yeah different weight classes at the moment but Silva has fought at 205. Id favour Jones against fighters like Thiago Silva, Griffin, Rampage and probably Evans at this stage.
big statement... i think he would be well behind Machida, Evans and ofcourse... Shogun.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I like Bones, from what I have seen. And maybe I am on my own here, but I honestly reckon Evans would beat him, and it wouldn't be close...

Having said that, Jon "Bones" Jones VS "Sugar" Rashad Evans is a fight I'd love to see.

I like Bones, from what I have seen. And maybe I am on my own here, but I honestly reckon Evans would beat him, and it wouldn't be close...

Having said that, Jon "Bones" Jones VS "Sugar" Rashad Evans is a fight I'd love to see.

I don't see it happening. They both fight out of Jacksons.

seems everyone is in jacksons camp nowadays. Just off the top of my head theres Evans, Jones, Jardine, GSP, Carwin, Stevenson, Guillard, Cerrone, Schaub just to name not even half their camp.

Stonecutter

First Grade

I don't know....Jones has some amazing takedown, joudo and wrestling skills. If Evans tries to just push him agains the cage then bam he can throw one of those joudo takedowns. Stand up= Jones. He'd have 5-10 inch reach advantage over everyone in the divison especially the smaller rashad.

But you never know. that's what makes MMA so interesting. You think guys like Machida would beat Shogun (first fight) and Rampage beat Evans but it often doesn't happen that way.

Last edited:

Mateo Moi Moi

Juniors
Hey guys, Sunday is looking to be a good day. UFC 117, Sunday sess with the boys and throw in some NRL action. I'm looking for some predictions for the card. Few dollars in my sportsbet account and thought I would make the pay per view a little more interesting.

Jon Fitch v Thiago Alves?
Clay Guida v Rafael Dos Anjos?
Matt Hughes v Ricardo Almeida?
Roy Nelson v Junior Dos Santos?
Anderson Silva v Chael Sonnen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts