What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mozza91

Coach
id also like to remind you...

246jdoj.jpg
>
w7msrl.gif
One loss, Fedor has beat some of the best fighters ever in their prime one loss doesn't change that

tiburon

Juniors
id also like to remind you...

246jdoj.jpg
>
w7msrl.gif

why stop there? let's keep going...

fedor < werdum < dos santos < ferreira < sokoudjou < minowa < min soo kim < lesnar < mir < cruz < monson < wiuff < eastman < sakuraba

everyone should now recognize the greatness of sakuraba

031210_kak_pride_sakuraba_id_b.jpg

shiznit

Coach
why stop there? let's keep going...

fedor < werdum < dos santos < ferreira < sokoudjou < minowa < min soo kim < lesnar < mir < cruz < monson < wiuff < eastman < sakuraba

everyone should now recognize the greatness of sakuraba

031210_kak_pride_sakuraba_id_b.jpg
:clap:

its about time someone recognises Fedors true standing!!

Eelementary

Post Whore
Bones is only 22 and shouldn't be too far from a title shot,he is fighting Matyushenko next who is a very,very good fighter winner should be in line for a title shot imo.
Also thought I'd reiterate Fedor > Lesnar, Carwin, Velasquez and JDS combined :sarcasm:

This is showing my n00bishness to the sport, but who is Bones?

Eelementary

Post Whore
I think they age is 1 perfecting the art. It takes a long time to grade in BJJ which is why you still see a lot of good BJJ MMA fighters who haven't got a black belt yet. Also most Americans turn to MMA once they finish college wrestling or football when they can't go further in those sports.

Good points.

shiznit

Coach
What does everyone think about the path for George Sotoropolis(sp?).

Personally ive been REALLY impressed with what ive seen of him.... absolutely dominated Joe Stevenson & Kurt Palagrino.

Id like to see him take on KenFlo for a title shot... id have the Winner of GeorgeVKenFlo to get the next shot against the winner of EdgarVPenn.

If George beats KenFlo they could have the title fight down under...

mozza91

Coach
What does everyone think about the path for George Sotoropolis(sp?).

Personally ive been REALLY impressed with what ive seen of him.... absolutely dominated Joe Stevenson & Kurt Palagrino.

Id like to see him take on KenFlo for a title shot... id have the Winner of GeorgeVKenFlo to get the next shot against the winner of EdgarVPenn.

If George beats KenFlo they could have the title fight down under...
BJ will rape Sotiropoulos of all his dignity

I think its more likely George will get a contender match at ufc aus. the winner of Florian maynard will get a shot at the winner of penn/edgar.

mozza91

Coach
probably... but he reminds me alot of BJ. the same type of fighter imo.
His stand up is average BJ's is the best in MMA, his Jitz is way better too, basically your comparing the most talented fighter in MMA with a guy not in the top 50

Jono078

Referee
Edgar got unbelievably lucky though IMO.

But yes if you can catch BJ on an off day and do well enough you can win.

I don't think George could compete with Florian or Penn, but would be interesting if he got the shot.

mozza91

Coach
If edgar can beat BJ anyone can.
BJ won that fight.
I watched it once with commentary with Rogan fapping over Frankie and once without, if you don't think that commentators influence your opinion of the fight you're wrong it's preetty incredible actually, how one of the judges had Edgar winning all 5 rounds I will never know, I scored the fight 49-46 BJ.
The UFC judges are hopeless Peoples brings his gameboy with him in case the fight goes to the ground

shiznit

Coach
His stand up is average BJ's is the best in MMA, his Jitz is way better too, basically your comparing the most talented fighter in MMA with a guy not in the top 50
TYPE of fighter you idiot...

i wasnt comparing his ability... i was comparing his style...

shiznit

Coach
did anyone see Danny Green come out and say he wanted to fight Brock in a stand up only fight in the octagon?? :lol:

how brave of him.... a stand up only fight against a wrestler with very limited stand up.

id love it if Dana White came out publicly and offered him Shane Carwin instead...

did anyone see Danny Green come out and say he wanted to fight Brock in a stand up only fight in the octagon?? :lol:

how brave of him.... a stand up only fight against a wrestler with very limited stand up.

id love it if Dana White came out publicly and offered him Shane Carwin instead...

lolz, danny green is a wank.

FTR i had it 48-47 to BJ, just like how i had rampage over forrest 48-47, 48-47 for shogun over machida in their first fight and 29-28 to bonnar over griffin.

Carnifex

Juniors
FTR...ima big Penn fan...just saying George would have a decent chance against him...maybe with another year or so in the UFC...

Also reading "why i fight" Penn's latest book and its really good.

Eelementary

Post Whore

:lol:

Considering Green was having a cry because Briggs was 3kg overweight, how would he cope with a guy in Lesnar who outweighs him by like 50kg?

But yes - I'd pay good money to see Shane Carwin knock him the f**k out tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts