What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Collateral

Coach
Was just watching a bit of TUF 5 with BJ and Pulver and it got me to thinking; If I was on TUF and could choose my coach out of any of the coaches that have been on the show, who would it be?

I'll start off with people I would HATE to be coached by:

Rampage
Bisping
Henderson
Shamrock

People I would LOVE to be coached by:

Big Nog
Rashad
Bj Penn
Tito
GSP
Serra

I think everyone else would fall in the middle somewhere.

Special K

Coach
Anyone else see Diaz vs Daley? That was one of the coolest rounds I have seen. At first I thought it was an early stoppage but when you see the replay Daley is in disneyland and not defending himself.

Sick fight! I love the Diaz brothers..

shiznit

Coach
yeah.. it was a great fight...

but what the f**k is up with Diaz... that dude has something loose in his brain.

wanting to smack Ariel Hawani because he causes trouble between fighters... then yapping on about being over worked and getting suspended.

he needs to quit the ciga-weed

Was just watching a bit of TUF 5 with BJ and Pulver and it got me to thinking; If I was on TUF and could choose my coach out of any of the coaches that have been on the show, who would it be?

I'll start off with people I would HATE to be coached by:

Rampage
Bisping
Henderson
Shamrock

People I would LOVE to be coached by:

Big Nog
Rashad
Bj Penn
Tito
GSP
Serra

I think everyone else would fall in the middle somewhere.

it would easily be Minotauro for mine. That would be epic, followed by Penn and Serra.

and Sonnen is not likeable, look at some of those quotes, dissing 3 of the greatest fighters of all time in Anderson Silva and the Nogueira Brothers.

Ram Man

Juniors
and Sonnen is not likeable, look at some of those quotes, dissing 3 of the greatest fighters of all time in Anderson Silva and the Nogueira Brothers.

Not really sure that Little Nog is one of the Greatest fighters of all time...besides beating Overeem, he really hasnt seen any great heights.

Ram Man

Juniors
true. It's still disrespectful, though.

Oh yeah it is but all fighters have egos and need to talk $hit about other fighters to 1. Get their opponent off their game and 2. In some cases reassure themselves that they can actually win.

Sonnen is a meathead who can string 2 sentences together and therefore is good at trash talk...while entertaining, I really dont think he genuinely feels this way about fellow fighters....Its a marketing ploy of his to get a bigger pay cheque and will get him more title shots if he is winning fights and making noise at the same time.

shiznit

Coach
a week out from UFC 129...

Mayhem signs with the UFC... thats a decent signing... hes a good fighter.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
That main event was some of the worst shit you could ever see.

Better than any recent Anderson Silva fight.

GSP was clearly hindered badly by his left eye, it would have been a vastly different fight had he not copped that hit in the 2nd round.

Hominick v Aldo was quality though, so much respect for hominick fighting on. I felt sick just looking at his face for the last 3 rounds.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
I can't find a pic of Mark Hominicks head but it was insane. If anyone can find one please post it here :).

ufc129_11_aldo_vs_hominick_005.jpg

ufc129_11_aldo_vs_hominick_012.jpg

another thriller put on by Georges Saint-Points Decision.

The Aldo-Hominick fight was awesome.

Hell yeah Lyoto, what a kick!

So shit to see Brillz go down like that, he was awesome against Rogerio and he comes out to Pennywise songs :(

that flying Triangle choke was awesome.

jc155776

Coach
I thought it was a great PPV.

How about the spinning back hand knockout??

Crane Kicks, flying triangles, crane kicks!!

Can't blame GSP for a boring fight, he knew what he had to do to win, what did people expect, for him to go in close for dirty boxing and clinching against a bloke like Jake Shields?? If anything Shields should have just started going for it after the third round but was rooted.

Hominick vs Aldo fight was awesome. The guts of Hominick was great. Would have loved to see him take it by TKO in the last even if it would have f**ked my multi which will get up when Dos Santos knocks out Lesnar.

Special K

Coach
Machida's kick was freaking awesome. I liked it better then the Silva one

I feel for Shields, I thought he would go harder... I am a fan of the Scrap pack so seeing Shields go down like that and Diaz lose back to back fights sucks.

I loled when gsp said he couldn't see and greg jackson and says you're fine at the end of the 3rd I think. I'd like to see Nick get a shot at GSP...

UFC 130 in a few weeks is stacked and I can't wait. One of the better (on paper) cards in recent times. Also I cannot believe it is May already! Seems like a few weeks ago I was in Thailand watching Frankie and Gray II. Hoping Gray can get the win here in III

Status
Not open for further replies.