What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiznit

Coach
more man-love for BJ Penn....

the mother f**ker is setting up a fight with Jake Shields over Twitter... :lol:

F-U-C-K-I-N-G L-E-G-E-N-D!!

aqua_duck

Coach
Junie Browning was funny, tried to pick fights with Krzysztof Soszynski and Ryan Bader despite being half their size. I suspect if shit had gone down Bader and Soszynski would've got done for manslaughter lol

HowHigh

Coach
Always found MMA/watching UFC boring, besides the knockouts. Aftering watching a couple seasons of The Ultimate Fighter I'm starting to appreciate the technique and skill involved in the ground work a lot more.

tokerShark

Juniors
Always found MMA/watching UFC boring, besides the knockouts. Aftering watching a couple seasons of The Ultimate Fighter I'm starting to appreciate the technique and skill involved in the ground work a lot more.

When I first started watching my bothers early VHS copies of UFC I loved the knockouts but found the ground game boring, I only started to understand and enjoy the ground stuff when I watched them with a mate who had done some BJJ and he explained what was going on. Now I love the submission battles.

Ram Man

Juniors

Best thing to do to appreciate the ground work more is to go and do some BJJ and see how difficult it actually is.

It might look like 2 blokes rolling on the floor but every move you make can win you a fight, or can lose you a fight in the blink of an eye.

Ive been doing it for almost a year and im addicted to it, and it really helps you appreciate the entire fight rather than just the knockouts.

The thing I find more boring now is the current crop of TUF fighters have been having boring fights and are continually getting stuck in the clinch on the cage, that stuff will put you to sleep quicker than a rear naked choke.

Ram Man

Juniors
I am happy for the clinch on the cage to not be separated but the guys have to be throwing punches and elbows.
The current crop just keep trying to pummel to get underhooks and it is a boring fight.
Randy Couture built a career on pushing guys against the cage and bashing
them, he would throw elbows, knees, punches whatever he could to sap energy and will from his opponent

HowHigh

Coach
Best thing to do to appreciate the ground work more is to go and do some BJJ and see how difficult it actually is.

It might look like 2 blokes rolling on the floor but every move you make can win you a fight, or can lose you a fight in the blink of an eye.

Ive been doing it for almost a year and im addicted to it, and it really helps you appreciate the entire fight rather than just the knockouts.

The thing I find more boring now is the current crop of TUF fighters have been having boring fights and are continually getting stuck in the clinch on the cage, that stuff will put you to sleep quicker than a rear naked choke.
haha, I'm a bit unfit these days, I'd have to work on basic fitness first! (which I am doing atm)

Yeah this season has been worse than previous few I've seen in terms of the quality of the fights

Collateral

Coach
I remember who I hated the most from TUF.

UK V USA...

Johnson was a arrogant prick and I found it hilarious to see him get choked out by Wilkes in the finale.

But the award goes to his team mate...Cant remember his name... he got dominated in his fight to get into the house before his opponent tried some sort of flying armbar I think and knocked himself out of the canvas...This idiot then went on to celebrate like he had won a world title.

In the house he went on about how he was gunna knock Wilkes teeth out...first round finishes and this idiot has had the top front row o his teeth smashed out by Wilkes, before going on to lose the fight! Classic.

Stonecutter

First Grade
The next TUF show will have "Mayhem" Miller vs Bisping.

The coaching battle will be first class. Lets just hope the fighters and fights can pick it up.

tokerShark

Juniors
Dana white just announced on twitter: u wanted it! U GOT IT!!! GSP vs DIAZ Oct 29th UFC 137 Mandalay Bay Las Vegas.

Eelementary

Post Whore

I understand what you mean - I hated MMA. I found it dull. Then i got UFC Undisputed 2010, hated it at first, persisted and grew to love it. I watched the videos available on the game and I became addicted.

I'm by no means an expert now, but I appreciate MMA in every aspect now.

shiznit

Coach
UFC 131 this weekend!!

JDS VS Carwin
what a main event!!

other news...

All non title main events will now be 5 round fights!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts