What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jono078

Referee
Yeah the Nick Ring fight was quality. As well as the one before it with that debut fella Young, thought he should have won, I gave him the 2nd and 3rd.

shiznit

Coach
holy f**k... just watching the tv prelims.

Stout KOed Edwards in scary fashion.

it seriously looked like he just killed Edwards. It looked like Edwards eyes rolled back and his legs we shaking.

i hope the dudes all good..

jc155776

Coach
Saw the prelims only.

The Stout knockout was scary.

The fight with the two heavyweights slugging it out with a cockshot each was a ripper as well considering I was expecting some real rubbish!

aqua_duck

Coach
Cain will crush JDS.

I don't think so, JDS is the best striker in the heavyweight division, and coming out of team Blackhouse you know his BJJ is going to be decent. Cain's wrestling will be a key but JDS has great take down defence and is very good at getting back to his feat

dogslife

Coach
I don't think so, JDS is the best striker in the heavyweight division, and coming out of team Blackhouse you know his BJJ is going to be decent. Cain's wrestling will be a key but JDS has great take down defence and is very good at getting back to his feat

Agreed. I've got JDS starting slight favourite, based solely on his striking. While Velasquez's striking is right up there, he's really only coming off wins over Lesnar who isn't a great striker, and Minotauro Nogueira who's 35 going on 106. JDS meanwhile beat the shit out of Carwin and Roy Nelson, two pretty handy strikers. Going to be a great fight nevertheless

If you wanna see how well cain goes standing against a great striker, check out his match vs Cheick Kongo, every time they stand Kongo catches him but Cain manages to get the takedown. JDS is a better striker than Kongo and has amazing takedown defense.

shiznit

Coach
i think Cain will win... hes not at JDS level with his technical boxing... but hes not far off it.

infact i think when you throw in Cain's kicking... i think Cain is a more well rounded striker than JDS.

hes certainly got more power than than JDS. and his wrestling is far superior to anything JDS has faced so far.

JDS may have shown good TDD against Carwin... but Cain actually took Brock Lesnar down and did damage on the ground... that actually turned the fight his way.

shiznit

Coach
If you wanna see how well cain goes standing against a great striker, check out his match vs Cheick Kongo, every time they stand Kongo catches him but Cain manages to get the takedown. JDS is a better striker than Kongo and has amazing takedown defense.
Cain has evolved a long way since that Kongo fight....

Not to mention Cain won that fight with ease.

shiznit

Coach
yeah, good point. Tough to say, just making a point that if JDS can keep it standing, he has a damn good shot.
ohhh yeah for sure... JDS has a shot at anyone in the division. his combination of speed, technique and TDD will ask questions of EVERYONE in MMA.

shiznit

Coach
anyone watching the Strikeforce Heavyweight GP??

the prelims were wicked!! the main card's been good too... KJ Noon's is getting destroyed by Masvidal(sp?)

Masvidal wins by UD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.