What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiznit

Coach
"Josh Barnett wins by Submission... Arm Triangle in the 2nd round. he totally dominated Rogers. mounted him pretty much the whole time. he does a post-fight promo like a pro-wrestler..."

shiznit

Coach
f**king terrible main event... Werdum kept dropping to the floor and overeem kept telling him to stand up... not a good advertisement for either guy. i think overeem won... just because Werdum spent most of his time trying to pull guard

yup... Overeem wins by UD

Last edited:

tokerShark

Juniors
I thought Masvidal was impressive in his fight with Noons, Melendez vs Masvidal should make for an exciting match up.

Cormier keeps getting better.

Stonecutter

First Grade

The General

Juniors
Why hasn't Rashad received the title shot? I assume he has some kind of brutal injury. He is clearly no.1 contender in my eyes.

Jones was originally supposed to face Evans but then Jones pulled out because his trainers said he needed surgery on his hand. Rashad didn't want to wait around so took a match with Phil Davis. After that was set, Jones came out and said we wasn't having surgery anymore so was matched up against Rampage.

It all seems pretty dodgy. The way it played out it's as if Jones was just avoiding Rashad. Don't know why the UFC didn't just give Phil Davis another opponent and give Rashad his title shot once Jones wasn't having surgery. Now if Rashad or Jones lose they probably miss out on the opportunity to cash in on their rivalry.

andrew057

First Grade
Rashard is more of a crowd draw than Evans, so I doubt it really bothers him about missing out on the chanc to cash in on their "rivalry".

shiznit

Coach
Rashard is more of a crowd draw than Evans, so I doubt it really bothers him about missing out on the chanc to cash in on their "rivalry".
???

Is Rashad pulling one of those Mankind, Dude Love, Cactus Jack kinda gimmick's...

Last edited:

Collateral

Coach
f**k Im pumped for 132!

Wand V Leben
Tito V Bader

4 of my favourite fighters! Not to mention G Sots is also fighting!!!!

Also, are there any decent MMA gyms in Sydney where you actually get trained? Sick of "MMA" styled fitness gyms that dont teach you anthing.

The General

Juniors

Nah I meant the UFC cashing in on their rivalry. With all the sh*t talk that went on it would have been easy to build up the fight. It could still happen down the line but if either of them lose their next fight it wont be as anticipated.

aqua_duck

Coach
f**k Im pumped for 132!

Wand V Leben
Tito V Bader

Also, are there any decent MMA gyms in Sydney where you actually get trained? Sick of "MMA" styled fitness gyms that dont teach you anthing.

Sinosic/Perosh MMA at Concord

shiznit

Coach
f**k Im pumped for 132!

Wand V Leben
Tito V Bader

im actually looking forward mostly to the main event.... Cruz VS Faber.

im LOVING the F/BWeights.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Agreed. I've got JDS starting slight favourite, based solely on his striking. While Velasquez's striking is right up there, he's really only coming off wins over Lesnar who isn't a great striker, and Minotauro Nogueira who's 35 going on 106. JDS meanwhile beat the shit out of Carwin and Roy Nelson, two pretty handy strikers. Going to be a great fight nevertheless

Carwin wasn't exactly at his best in the Dos Santos match-up, though.

Junior is a phenomenal fighter, and he will be a big test for Cain. But Cain is the man.

andrew057

First Grade
Carwin wasn't exactly at his best in the Dos Santos match-up, though.

Junior is a phenomenal fighter, and he will be a big test for Cain. But Cain is the man.

Agreed, I havent seen anything that would make me think JDS would be a fav against Cain.

DB

First Grade
That was ridiculous.... Congo on Jelly Legs hits an uppercut on barry, and its over.

Status
Not open for further replies.