What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiznit

Coach
its funny.... im a fan of both guys... and im picking Cain to win.

but if JDS were to win... a UFC title fight against Overeem would be AWESOME!! it would be a stand up WAR!!

andrew057

First Grade
I think Junior is a bit overrated,should be atough fight but I'm confident Cain will take him out.

Hoping it doesn't clash with JMM-Pacquaio.

aqua_duck

Coach
I think Junior is a bit overrated,should be atough fight but I'm confident Cain will take him.

Over rated? He's not only beaten but destroyed every opponent he's faced in the octagon, and he hasn't fought any chumps either, knocked Werdum and Gonzaga senseless, finished Struuve, Yvel, Cro Cop and put a serious beating on Big Country and Carwin. In fact I'd argue that JDS has had the harder fights, Cain has fought 2 big names in Lesnar and Big Nog and a solid guy in Kongo, but he's fought a few chumps aswell like Rothwell, Stojnic, Brad Morris and Jake O'Brien, I mean Stojnic, Morris and O'Brien aren't even in the UFC anymore. I mean not saying JDS will beat Cain but its not like he's been given an easy toad to the title

aqua_duck

Coach
That first round would be exact opposite if anything lol, no way JDS stuffs every single Cain takedown attempt while JDS takes him down easily.

But good look at the next game, looks good :D

Who is everyone actually going for plus who they think will win?

I'm going for JDS but think Cain will win. Both excellent young fighters and this is only the first encounter these two will have out of many to come IMO.

I think everyone is under-estimating Junior's takedown defence, Carwin wasn't able to take him down, Roy Nelson tried to take him down and copped uppercut after uppercut, Gonzaga took him down once and he got straight back up, no mean feat considering Gonzaga's jitz.

shiznit

Coach
I think everyone is under-estimating Junior's takedown defence, Carwin wasn't able to take him down, Roy Nelson tried to take him down and copped uppercut after uppercut, Gonzaga took him down once and he got straight back up, no mean feat considering Gonzaga's jitz.

from what i understand... theres a massive difference between fighting off your back against a BJJ blackbelt and handling the top control of an AA Wrestler.

JDS hasn't truly been put on his back against a top notch guy... i thought perhaps Carwin could do it but JDS TDD was up to the task against Carwin....

but lets not kid around here... Cain Velasquez is the first All American wrestler JDS has come up against. there's a massive difference between Carwin & Velasquez when it comes to wrestling.

from what ive heard though... Mark Munoz... who probably beside Cormier would probably the best wrestler in MMA... rates JDS really highly.

Ironically.. Cormier is at AKA...

God-King Dean

Immortal
Pretty lame trolling attempt.

A boxer might have some sort of chance in the stand up aspect, but the lack of kicks, takedown defence, wrestling and submission skills means they are fairly unlikely to secure too many wins on boxing skill alone.

I don't know why you would say f**k MMA... why cant you enjoy both? I like boxing but i prefer the unpredictability and the skill level of MMA, there is nothing wrong with either though.

The big edge MMA has at the moment over boxing is that the best guys continually meet, there is just too much ducking good opponents in boxing. Just curious Dean, do you think Mayweather will ever meet Pacman? Or at least sometime while they are in there prime, or will they both wait till there past it and in desperate need of a pay cheque?

lol, I'm just shit stirring. I just get sick of whenever I talk about boxing with someone there's always one tosser who says " MMA fighters would smash boxers!" & they get this stupid smug hardcore wannabe look on their face.

I agree 110% with you about what a joke boxing has become.

andrew057

First Grade
Over rated? He's not only beaten but destroyed every opponent he's faced in the octagon, and he hasn't fought any chumps either, knocked Werdum and Gonzaga senseless, finished Struuve, Yvel, Cro Cop and put a serious beating on Big Country and Carwin. In fact I'd argue that JDS has had the harder fights, Cain has fought 2 big names in Lesnar and Big Nog and a solid guy in Kongo, but he's fought a few chumps aswell like Rothwell, Stojnic, Brad Morris and Jake O'Brien, I mean Stojnic, Morris and O'Brien aren't even in the UFC anymore. I mean not saying JDS will beat Cain but its not like he's been given an easy toad to the title

Hey I not saying hes a bum, hes a very very good fighter. I just think hes in for surprise tomorrow with Cain.

shiznit

Coach
the card has started... on facebook or foxsports.com

all the fights except for the main event will be free online... including Bendo v Guida.

shiznit

Coach
mixed card so far... first few fights weren't too flash...

But from Bruce Leroy onwards its been good...

aqua_duck

Coach
DeMarques Johnson and Dustin Poirier were impressive in the performances, very disappointed with Kid Yamamoto

shiznit

Coach
Maaaan... what a freaky fight!! Bendo's put's on a schooling for Guida in the wrestling department then all of a sudden a wild scramble with Guida throwing a spnning backfist and than a Guillatine choke attempt... which turns into a RNC attempt. time runs dead...

f**kING NUTS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.